feel like im going to die soon?

Posted , 203 users are following.

Has anyone felt this way? Its like after i started suffering from anxiety and going through panic attacks, my brain has convinced me that i am dying soon. Like yesterday i was conviced i was going to die today. Please tell me i am not the o ly one that feels this. I also read that people feel like theyre going to die and then they died suddenly. This has me soooooo stressed out!! Help!!

25 likes, 271 replies

271 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello Josey!! I see I have alraedy written to you. Ok Anxiety is an illness, but please listen to me. You have a Husband & two young children. Ok you need to please call in a Reflexologist & or  get an aromatherapist to come & give your who;le body a massage. Then please once a day take time for JOSEY ! No one else aprt from JOSEY. Get your self to your local health food shop and get soem Kalms, rescue remedy. They also do various bach flowers remidies that you just put a few drop into any drink.I am on a Beta-blocker to calm me down ( propranalol) (160 a day) 80 each dose. Then I listen to cds of relaxation music when I cant sleep. Amazon have a brilliant anxiety workbook. please get your self a copy. Go for a walk each day. First and foremost you have a Family. Please get a piece of paper and write down all your negative thoughts then burn it.!! When you get up tomorrow. Say today to yourself Josey your going to have a positive day !! Only positive thoughts are allowedd in this house. Its difficult but there are ways. Do you have a really have a good close Friend with whom you can talk too?Please join a yoga class.Go swimming. or go & have a relaxing Jacuzzi Regards Amanda
    • Posted

Those all sound like great ideas but what if you are very low income?

I can't afford reflexologist or aromatherapist.

I've looked around, even called city hall, city services to find free yoga, free classes, etc everything you pay or Is sliding scale -even with SS I can't afford what I've been quoted. The YMCA was the cheapest but with travel costs (it being clear across the city) & the low monthly I honestly can't afford it.

• Posted

Thats interesting you said that about dying. I feel like i am myself at times and not from anxiety, although thinking about that causes anxiety. I have very obvious symptoms, visual not in my head ones and doctors just note it and say they dont know? Strange. So i do fully get that statement as im sure every single person who has severe anxiety has felt the same way. The worst is when you come across some stupid info graph with warning aigns and you have them and the doctor checks you and says you are ok..i have xanthelesma around my eyelids but docs ig dont read any articles on it because they ignore it or say its genetics.  We arent in control of when we die, so i surrendered that fear.

• Posted

Youre not alone.. I feel the same almost every single day.. When i feel something wrong with my body.. And i will say... "This is it".. And i Cant stand.
  • Posted

josy0405 I don't know how long ago you had posted this ... But I just wanted to say I'm in the exact same boat as you and everyone else I'm 17 and over time its seemed to been getting worse lately I haven't seen anyone about it cause your post and everyone else's matches mine pretty closely I've read so many about anxiety and it also runs in my family but I have heart pains not heart attack like but like still make me worry cause I'm young and never heard of it before I can get very light headed where I can't think and get very close to having panic attacks at random times feel like I'm going to faint or die a lot and I haven't found a cure but doing something that makes you happy to take your mind off of it seems to help a lot like for instance me I play my Xbox and seems to make me feel somewhat better but keep your head up everyone reading this where all in it together and over time it can be conquered ! And controlled

• Posted

Hi Guys.

First time poster, long time scared of dropping dead.

I almost can't go a whole day without feeling my heart will just stop beating. I'm scared I won't get to see my kids grow up into adults. Almost everytime I go for a drive, I usually start feeling the symptoms come on strong, like I'll suddely have a stroke while driving...it's very scary! I was prescribed xanax, and although it helps calm me down after about 30mins, I'm left with a sluggish day, that;s after I wake up from a nap from the xanax. It's as if the only thing I want to do when an attack comes on is lay down so I can sleep it off. It's almost like that's my only way of dealing with this, is to go to sleep. I ceetainly hate it when these "attacks" come early in the morning, because my whole day is most of the time shot to sh*t.

It's nothing short of a disturbing, scary nucense!

I cannot count the times when I've had to tell my kids I cnnot do something becuse I don't feel right. I feel so sluggish and slow when an attach happens. I really feel this has taken over my life, and won't let me live normaly.

I live for the days that are panic/anxiety free...I hate this!

• Posted

hey cajun ricky,

im going exactly like what your going through and i was precribed xanan too but i didnt take it as im worried about the side effects and im a stay at home mum so i cant afford to be drowsy and sleepy from the meds cause its usually just me and my son at home for the most parts..i know how it feels like when you just wanna take your kids out and rnjoy the day but then you feels like sh*** and prefer to stay at home..but if i were you and will not try meds cause something tells me that anti depressants they sort of suppress your symptoms and but once your body is running out of it the symptoms will get more intense..just my 2 cents..but if it helps you then go for it..just want to say you're definitely not alone and im 23 so it sucks to keep thinking of just thoughts..but now im sort of getting a hang of it since it has been almosy 8 months for me..

• Posted

Awww that has to be the worse about all of this.....telling the kids I can't do something or when they see how ill I am. I feel like a sh*t parent.

I feel 4 u Cajun Ricky really do. Are not alone.

• Posted

Dearest Josh and any others,

I am going to come at this from another point of view. I have had seizures since i was nine years old(1969) and survived a head injury. They were never grandmal until i was 21, then again were sporadic...in 2007, they showed up full force, increasing in intensity and multiples, my heart started fluttering, at one point i was taken to the hosptial and i drifted...as i walked, which seemed like a forest, i began to see my family, one by one, my father walked first, and then my brother. I was i over joyed, ran and jumped into his arms, he just held me for the longest time, my whole family was there. I was told by my father that i couldnt stay, and i started screamig.I didnt want to leave. I was told when i awakened after the resuscitation, I was reaching out and crying. January 2015 they came on back to back, severe euphoria and vertigo, i was partially awake and felt like i was being shocked during the seizures and i just screamed in pain, and was transported...the seizures weren't stopping despite efforts...then i drifted out thru what felt like water...i wasn't afraid...then the shocks started...i woke up tied down and on the ICU floor where i used to work. I suffered Cardiac and respiratory arrest, afterwards so much was gone, then in December, there were18 back to back, my heart shut down and i struggled to gasp for air, my eyes were wide...then i floated out again...this time it wasn like being in a warm blanket and i was not afraid...again i was resuscitated. I have the sensation that i will not survive the next...i need to get things in order...i am not scared at all...i need to make sure everything is taken care of. I am like my grandma who sensed these things. I make sure i tell everyone how much i love them.

• Posted

Hello I am a 30 yr old male and have been living with this since March of 2013. I was going through a really rough time in my life and dealing with alcoholism. I went on a road trip and was drinking heavily and was already overwhelmed. That's when it hit me, in my way back home. It was quite disorienting and I felt I wouldn't achieve anything in my life, my dreams didn't matter and anything I had done in my past was worthless. I couldn't shake this feeling and the rest of the trip hone was our hell. We drove from Palm Springs back to Northern California. A lot of the drive was desert with no services along the route. I would see a sign saying "no services for 100 miles" and I'd want to cry. I was convinced I'd die in the desert.

After that I felt I was going crazy, or going to die. Let me preface by saying I was pushing myself really hard in school and in a horrible relationship, battling alcoholism, so I was having bouts of feeling panicky before this. But this feeling of dread and impending doom was new.

I couldn't really function once I got home and was scared to leave my house, to drive anywhere, to be alone, and always in constant fear of dying. I pushed myself to go to school, have friends and try to move past this. I tried an ssri celexa, and felt so weird, I could feel a shot of something up my spine, and then I felt high. Then convinced I was dying! So stopped the celexa.

I went through to tortering agoraphobia for months, then saw an expert in anxiety for cbt for a few months. He got me over the hump. I did finally start meds in October of 2014. I've been on celexa since then and it did help with the anxiety. It made me gain 15-20 and lose my sexual sensitivity. I'm tapering off for those reasons.

The anxiety has come back more since I've went to 5 mg and I have some insomnia, which I'm convinced is going to make me die. But somehow I keep waking up! I have a fear of falling asleep and not waking up. You know that feeling before you fall asleep? When you get kind of all tingly and you can't feel yourself anymore, well that freaks me out. Also upon waking I feel the same and start my day out anxious. I think it was a fear of the dark when I was younger, then I started staying up later and later. Then my grandma died suddenly of a heart attack in her sleep. All of these things make me nervous about sleeping.

As long as I'm getting enough sleep, eating regularly, socializing and being functional I am fine. If I'm tired and hungry my anxiety is terrible. I took yoga at my college and it helped immensely. I find if I'm grateful about things and doing things I like doing the anxiety melts away. If I'm stuck in my head with my own thoughts and tired it's not good!

I still Google a lot, trying to find out what's wrong and how to fix it. I found this message bored and it's comforting I'm not alone in feeling like I'm just going to drop dead. What does dying feel like anyway, who am I to say what I'm feeling is dying? Ask yourself that. Apparently when you die you're not scared, your brain realeses dmt and you're not scared. So if your scared of dying, you're not dying! Also it would just be done right? Like you die, and then you're dead, it's over. I tell myself that a lot. Why spend so much of my life worrying about something that would just happen so quick and be over.

I'll get anxiety like that in the shower sometime and I'll tell God "Ok, if this is it take me now" and I always get out of the shower. Afterwards I'll feel fine.

Since this group is active recently it would be nice to be in contact with people going through the same issues.

Best,

Adrian

• Posted

Your post sums me up in a nutshell, except I'm 28 and a female. But all of your feelings are exactly the same as mine. Your post helped tonight.

• Posted

Hi Adrian, I can definitely relate to what you're going through. My anxiety makes me feel like I'm dying and no matter how I try to convince myself that I'm not I just can't shake that feeling. I just hope that for everyone who is going through these awful times will get better.

• Posted

"If you're scared of dying, you're not dying" - this is the most helpful thing I've seen so far on the subject. I don't care if it's true or not; it's reassuring anyway. I'd always thought I would like to die in my sleep, but I'm still afraid of doing so anyway. It makes no sense. I know that when I do die, it really won't matter, because I won't be there to experience it. I try to remember that, though it's hard to. I've never really had a fear of the dark, but lately, when the anxiety is really bad, I sleep with a night light on. I think it helps not to be in total darkness.

• Posted

You are definitely not the only person who feels this way. I have generalized anxiety disorder and before I took medication for it, there were times where I thought really bad things (injury/near death) could happen to me. Not just could but most likely would. I know it is super stressful because it's the only thing you can think of. Ever since I have been on the medicaiton my doctor has prescribed me, I'm a changed person. Things don't bug me as much (the little things especially), I am not paranoid about things like I used to be, and overall, I'm a much happier person. There's no excessive worrying, and I'm not as stressed out. I would talk to your doctor if possible to see what can be done. The medicine is worth it if it works with your body! Hope this helps. smile
  • Posted

I'm scared to die everyday. This has built up this painful heaviness in my chest that never goes away. I don't know what will happen when I die and therefore have no control over it. I feel like vomiting when these thoughts come to me. Then my stomach gets messed up from the worry. Sometimes I can't sleep because of the fear. I take something to knock me out or turn on white noise while my husband holds me. I don't want to live like this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.