Feel like l.have hut a wall

Posted , 16 users are following.

Well l am now 9 weeks post op for 2nd hip replacement and 1st was done in december. Today l have woke up at 4am wih the hot sweats l used to get right after my ops and pains in both my legs at the hips and down front of my legs.

I thought l waa past that stage and have being doing good. I still get sore backs from time to time and if l have done to much the occasional bad day. But the last few days l have been feeling like l am back at week 3 for both legs. I feel a bit down as l thought by now l would almost be back to normal. But l am far from it. I have been off work since november last year and have just got another doctors line for 2 months. Which is taking me into july. I realise l have had 2 hips replaced and its a lot on my body but sometimes l just feel like l am going backwards instead of forward. I have been off my work so long the thought of going back makes me feel sick although l know l am not ready at the moment to go back. My life has become a routine of not doing much and not seeing many people apart from my family. And l feel all l am hearing is how good they are all doing and how happy they are.

And here is me stuck at home most of time with no life.

If it was not for this forum and my close friend l have met through this forum infact a few friends l have made through this forum l would go off my head. I became friends with sarah at the start and we became really close and thank god for finding her and if course Cels , Renee, Rose and Kate and Graham and the rest of the crewe who l could sit and name but woud be here all day who all became like a second family as l spend most of my days reading and talking on here. I see a lot of people come and go and l think to myself is this because they are bettter and back to there normal life and l am still here getting know where. There is no sign of me leaving or going back to normal for a while. And now l am thinking l have hut a wall. Is it just me thats taking forever ti heal.

I tried to be normal and have a few days in York and thought it was quite an achivment driving 350 miles but it ended in disaster not just because of my legs but the hotel was just not gonna be comfotable enough for me to sleep as l have a set routine in sleeping at home. So l was going to be to tired to do anything and ended up home the next day.

Sorry guys just feeling a bit low today you don't realise how mentally draining it can get at times as well as painful.

Laura xx

6 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thinking of you, Laura, and hoping you have better days, weeks. Aloha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.