feel lousy

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've had this for about 5 years.  Whilst co codomol take he edge off the pain I am finding it very difficult with always feeling in some form of pain and stiffness.   My family don't understand. Tests dont show anything. I know there are people worse off. I just dont know what to do and its hard working over 50 hours per week and colleagues asking what is wrong whenever I stand up and need a few seconds to get moving. I now understand this fog people talk about and have to write things down so I dont forget. People tell me I look well but I feel so desperate. 

I never hear that it ever leaves,   does it?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ps as for the communication with hubby I looked at my own relationship tonight I watched the soaps followed by safe house. He played games on his phone all evening number of words spoken between us was do you want coffee?.Night. Total 5. Daytime probably only a couple more. Its easy to take each other for granted.
    • Posted

i am on my own most of the time his up stairs watching stuff on tv and playing games . i am always alone i have no life so nothing much to talk about .
    • Posted

That is very sad to read hun is that because the illness has stopped you from having a life?. I look back to before I become ill two years ago (nothing compared to some) my life was spent raising three children, babysitting, cleaning the house, cooking washing, ironing going to bed, starting again same thing day after day, I had the occasional family day out or visiting my eldest daughter.Now Im always feeling too ill to do anything I wish I had done more with my life.
    • Posted

yes i slogged away at bringiing up my kids alot of the time as  single pare

nt . staying home taking care of them not leaving them with baby siters putting them first , 

thinking when they grew up i would have time for myself  and to do to stuff i enjoyed ,then wham this hits me .and its all over . feel like iv been robbed of a future .like others i should think 

• Posted

Seems a lot of us are in the same boat with our hubbies/partners maybe we should be on the marriage guidance website instead lol. I have a moan to mine sometimes that he never takes me anywhere then when he says he is taken me out I say I dont feel upto it today lol then thats it opportunity has passed till next time. We all end up in different rooms in the house I'm normally sat in the kitchen or in bed by 9, he sits in livingroom watching dvd or playing games, my daughter is in her bedroom playing music. Sometimes I think a bit of understanding from our partners help but I suppose when it goes on and on with no end in sight they lose interest. I havent actually told him there is no cure as I'm trying to be positive and think they will find a cure one day in the future.The fact that people have been suffering for years and years but people have never even heard of it until like me they suffer themselves with it says a lot. More should be done to raise awareness on the disease then maybe they will look more into finding a cure for it. How are you Sorrentogirl?.
  • Posted

Hello Sorrentogirl

My thoughts go out to you working 50 hours with our friend Fibro in tow. I fully understand what you are going through, I were diagnosed 4 years ago now. All I take is Oramorph, it takes the edge off the pain for a few hours. I have a note chalk  board in the kitchen and jot things down, or I will forget. Today I am extremely sore, and have a stinging sensation from my knees to my toes. And my ankles are very, very painful today making it impossible to walk. Hope you are having a reasonable day today. Take care.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.