feel my life is over

Posted , 10 users are following.

lost my job for gross misconduct and can not live with myself for being so careless.Im 50 years old.I have continual tingling pain in my legs, i have palpitations when i try to relax, i dread waking of a morning, i have no interest or confidence in life

I have let my wife and children down, created financial hardship and put our lives in so much uncertainty.I feel so lost and dont see a way forward at all.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear, dear Gary, please do not ever think like that, even though it seems bad at the moment, it really, truly is not the end of the world...

Your family love and need you xx I took an overdose twice.. and the worry I put my family through was unbearable... you really need to try to draw a line under this, you are IN NO WAY A BAD PERSON..... YOU CAN START AGAIN...you really need to have some counselling to help you realize that you mAde a mistake, you have already paid for this by losing your job. You cannot keep paying for the rest of your life..

Please, most importantly,!! You must go and see your GP and tell them just how bad you are feeling,, it must break your families heart to see you so sad.. I so, so feel for you, but it will get better.. I thought just like you , but it did get better.. please get some more help, we are all behind you and your family... sincere good WISHES to you, Deirdre xxx

• Posted

I totally agree with Deirdre.

Stay with us all on this site and post whenever you need to talk.

If total strangers are looking out for you think how much love and support is coming your way.xx

• Posted

BEAUTIFULLY put sue, xx and also true, please keep posting Gary, you really are xx in our thoughts.... love Deirdre xxx
  • Posted

gary your not alone my friend you can see that by the amount of advice and concern for you i hope its helped you to realise that you dont have to go throught this on your own ! just stay in touch with everyone to let us now that youre ok and if you need more advice please feel free to ask ! david !
  • Posted

Unfortunately the antidepressants might make you feel more agitated for a week or so.

It is very important to go back to the GP and tell them about your thoughts.

You might not feel it at the moment, but your family love you and can't do without you.

Sometimes it feels like there is no way out, but you sound at your lowest point, it won't get any worse, and you must try to believe that over time things will get better, hopefully the effects of the tablets will soon help, but give it a few days.

• Posted

Hi Gary, please let us know that you are okay, you need some decent sleep to rest your mind, I wish that I could stand in front of you and tell you...

IT REALLY WILL BE OKAY..... You Must get someone to talk to, the SAMARITANS are excellent day or NIGHT, you must not get any more depressed... please just say hi... huge hugs, Deirdre xx

• Posted

gary, come on, talk to us, we understand and are here for you. x
  • Posted

Hi Gary , how are you feeling today? I hope that you managed to get some sleep xx ...... try to think that TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE a whole new starting point, the past has gone and all the worry in the world won't change that..xx. I realize that this may sound impossible at the moment, but you have to believe in yourself, as I am sure that your loving family do...

It is very hard to forget ( as I know ) just try small steps at first, perhaps a nice walk in the sunshine... look on the jobcentre websites... is there any occupation or training that you have always longed to try? Maybe now would be a good time to have a go.... please let us know how you are GARY, I was thinking about you all evening as I was in the same situation three times... you must forgive yourself, all you wanted was the best for your family... I hope sincerely that you find some peace of mind in the very near future... please take care of yourself, warmest wishes to you Gary, you are still in our thoughts...xx

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your situation Gary. I read you have palpitations and tingling in your legs,I am almost certain that these are symptoms of the anxiety you are feeling about life and are not life threatening. Have you tried relaxation techniques and breathing exercises?They really help.

• Posted

Gary , I'm 54 years old and experiencing the same thing . The axe hasn't fallen yet but I'm expecting it and I'm a ruin. I have been seeking the help of God and went to church with my family today. I know, fox hole Christian! It has helped some. I've made yet another vow to change my life. I've been feeling the same as you . Thanks for your story and please hang in there

• Posted

I am so sorry Gary. Being only 50, that is sad. I pray for you. I just turned 54. In good health, but just lost my job for no reason. The At Will law in Texas. It sucks. 

I was with the same company for 14 years. A manager too. Lost all of my stock. 26 interviews later, no job offers. I feel like God has absolutely no plans for me. I want to die sometimes. However, after hearing your situation, I'm more concerned about your health. Best of luck. And always know, God is there........Somewhere. Blessings to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.