Feel too exhausted to do phisio properly

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a mum of 2 Young children soo i know what its likemm to be exhausted but this exhaustion feels different. Every time i try to clear the lungs with physio i feel disheartened and exhausted . i am only 32 and am sick of feeling tiered all the time

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh Fee it must be very difficult being a mum with bronchiectasis. You certainly do feel tired and disheartened some of the time. The irony is that to feel less tired you have to do your physio very thoroughly and it's tiring to do it. It can feel like a vicious circle. I can only say that I never want to clear my chest - it's boring, tiring and pretty disgusting especially on those days there's a lot of gunk to shift. However.... When you do it and really give it some time there's no doubt about it you do feel better. Do you have a blue puffer (Ventolin)? That opens your tubes a bit and helps with the physio. Is there a dedicated COPD nurse at your doctors? They can be very helpful. Have a hug. You sound so low.

• Posted

I have blue puffer before hypersonic saline but still find it hard . only get to do physio once a day . i havea great consultant in the royal brompton and the next step is profalactic antibiotics through the nebuliser x
  • Posted

I really feel for you! I am 49 and have bronchiectasis,asthma and colonising pseudamonas. I had to quit my joba year ago because I was so unwell and it was mostly sitting down. I cannot imagine having young children with this. I try to push myself to exercise but ut is tough but even worse if I don't. I have had this for several years. Not sure how long you have been ill but you will learn through trial and error what works for you. Rest whenever possible and the healthiest diet you can manage. And encouragement from all of us. Your children will learn to help more as they grow. Hang in there!! Debi
    • Posted

I was diagnosed at 17 and am now 32 . my daughter is a little helpful when nummy is ill but my boy is way to young at 2 to understand x
  • Posted

Hi Fee,

I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I hope you'll find a way to feel less tired. Can you ask someone for help now and then? Maybe just knowing that you'll have a few hours to yourself, will make you feel better.

I know doing the physio can be exhausting and just thinking about it can get you tired. I hope you can find a way through and doing your physio will help you stay clear of infections, which would probably drain you even more. 

Thinking of you and feel better,

Ida

• Posted

Not really hun i lost my mum to lung cancer 9 years ago and the rest of my family live 3 hpurs away . my girl is 4 and boy is 2 only get to do physio ounce a day . i was diagonsed at 17 and i am now 32 x
  • Posted

Hi , so sorry that things are hard for you, have you got a acapella? This does help a lot with the physio. Also try and do your physio first thing in the morning if you can. It does help a lot if you can mange to do your physio. It is hard doing it daily , but if you can build up to it and get into a routine , you will feel much better . 
    • Posted

I was given an acpella 3 months ago but no way of doing physio in morning as kids are soo demanding at 2 and 4 years old and have a dog to look after too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.