Feelig like S*** Is this normal??

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good afternoon Ladies,

I think I just need some reassurance that I am not a hypochondriac!  I only found out I was Peri about six weeks ago I went to my doctor because of my night sweats I was worried that I had diabetes as they had been happening for a while and my eye sight seemed to be getting worse. When I sat down with my GP she explained I was starting my menopause and these were the symptoms starting. Ok I thought now I know it’s a relief, but in the last three weeks I feel like I am falling apart! I am so tired (I crash at work which is embarrassing) I feel sick all the time and I have terrible heart burn, I can handle the flashes but it’s the feeling so low that is getting to me. I have suffered with depression before when my Mum suddenly died but I don't think I felt this bad I really cant concentrate I forget silly things am I going mad surely things cant change so quickly...can they? I really have no energy for work or home all I want to do is sleep then I cant!  Sorry Ladies I just not the type of person to go to the doctors usually and for all this to start so quickly I am worried I am imagining it I feel like a hypochondriac always moaning to my poor hubby, I don’t have any friends I would talk to about this and I feel that I would be moaning if I did, so any advice or just reassurance that I am not going mad would be great. I started taking EPO, vitamin B6 and Vitamin D to see if they help but nope! Thank you in advance Ladies

Sandee smile

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, no you arent going mad, but it does feel horrible.   I have just started getting the symptoms, and if I hadnt known better I could have thought i was pregnant last week.  Nausea, migraine, exhausted, memory useless and lightheaded.   I am having a blood test next week, just to check its not anything else, but i can guarantee i am going to be told i am peri.  I have started taking herbal tablets but if they dont work I will take anything to make me feel better.  Good luck, just remember you arent on your own.
  • Posted

Thank you Ladies, all your support has helped me so much, I now have my MRI next week for the pains in my hips and back and slowly the more I understand this the better I feel the aches and pains are still the same but at least I know why which helps. Have a great weekend ladies and again thank you xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.