Feeling a little confused

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I posted on here in Wednesday, I have been on these tablets since February and had my first weigh in at the docs on the 20/03/13 and I was over the moon that I had lost 6lb but feeling rather confused now as I've read other people's experiences and they have lost loads compared to what I have, in a way I'm still happy as even tho it's only a little weight loss at least it's coming off, it took me six years to put the weight on so it's heading in the right direction I suppose.. But could anyone tell me wether they think I'm doing something wrong or any advice to lose more weight quicker?

Good luck with your journeys would appreciate speaking to someone to hate experiences with and healthy food tips, as I haven't really told anyone that I'm on these tablets..

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Everyone will have slightly different amounts of weight loss because diets are so individual. I would suggest setting a weekly target of 1-2 lbs of weight loss (0.5-1kg). It may be worth liaising with your local chemist and see what the pharmacist can do to help you with your targets and what dietary advice they can recommend. Orlistat also prevents the body from sufficiently absorbing fat soluble vitamins - these are vitamins A, D, E and K. Again your pharmacist can suggest a suitable supplement to take to ensure you do not become deficient.

Tarun (hospital pharmacist).

• Posted

hi im glad your doing so well smile iv just started on these tablets on thursday so im hoping they work for me.
  • Posted

Thank you for the advice Tarun.. Hi makka pakka wish you all the very best with journey x x
  • Posted

Hi I started taking Orlistat in May 2012 after gaining 3 stone in a short period of time due to my medication. As I have a long term condition I reduced my medication to smallest possible dosage without pain but the weight gain was making me depressed.

Regularly visit my GP every 6 - 8 weeks roughly.

They advised a 3% decrease is what they would look for but monitor on a month by month basis.

I can say that I have lost 1 stone so far which I am thrilled with.

I guess my case may be more complicated then others as also had periods where had to increase medication - but I think if your loosing 6lb and other months could be smaller or more than this is a positive start - keep going the journey it worthwhile.

Good luck Chickadoodle

• Posted

Hi ubeehappy

That's fantastic news that you have lost a stone so far and sorry to hear of your other health problems..

I had my 3rd weigh in Tuesday and lost another 4lb, so far I have lost 1st,3lb.. I've also not stuck to healthy eating over the last 6 weeks as I have had some medical problems myself with abnormal smears, I'm awaiting treatment to have the pre-cancerous (cin3) cells removed and then going to get stuck back in to losing weight...

I wish you the very best to ubeehappy x x

• Posted

Hi Chickadoodle

Wow your doing great keep going and don't worry about the last 6 weeks its understandable life's situations and health issues are just a small period of time.

Wish you well with the pre-cancerous cells treatment I had this procedure done 14 years ago so I know how it can affect you. But you sound positive and determined to continue your journey....

Wish you well and keep posting x x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm really anxious about the procedure as I'm not sure what to expect or what it entails, I caught an infection after having the biopsies which made me quite unwell but I've been advised to take multivitamins to build up my immune system to try and avoid infection again after treatment.. I was very silly as I had never had a smear done before and was 4 years over due (I'm now 29) so I'm glad that I built up the courage to have it done otherwise I wouldn't of been any the wiser, I will never miss another appt in my life, just glad they caught it before it became invasive.. I've had a lot of tears over the last 6 weeks and found some comfort in chocolate lol..

Sorry for going off on one just built up all my emotions as haven't really opened up about what I'm going through as everyone sees me as been strong..

I hope your journey is successful and you get the results your hoping for, I will look forward to keeping in touch and reading your posts.. X x

• Posted

Ah bless you..... please believe you have a healthy happy future ahead of you, its natural to feel emotional their are so many directions your mind takes you. Be gentle on yourself we all have times of tears, chocolate and mixed emotions but you will get through this. A good friend once said "Things never stay the same, life is constantly changing" this is so true. What seems like an elephant size problem now will diminish in time.......

I had treatment which was a success and told to have regular smears every year which I did and all clear.....

Smears are so important and your story is testament to this you sound a lovely person and deserve a happy future take support from those around you but most of all do it for yourself

I will keep in touch x x

• Posted

Hi I have had these tablets for a week now and I have had no side effects what's so ever and was wondering if I'm doing something wrongsad
  • Posted

Hi Peeps......I am new to this forum and have been prescribed Orlistat today by my GP ( 4th June 2014 ). I have managed to collect the capsules from my local Tesco's. I am going to start them 2morow morning and feel really nervous. Will keep u posted on my progress and any side affects. Wish me luck ;-) kindest regards Kiren
  • Posted

Absolutely over the moon I've just been weighed and I have lost 10kg this month my starting weight was 12st 6lbs and I'm now 9st 13lbs only another stone and half to go and I'm at my goal weight x x
  • Posted

WOW Chickadoodle your going for Gold well done with your weight loss of 10kg x
  • Posted

I was so shocked as I've been losing slowly but steadily, when I was weighed on the 20th may I was 73kg and today I'm 63 kg, I even said to the nurse surely the scales are wrong so went on another set and low and behold I I was definitely 63kgs... I'm bursting with pride... If I can do it anyone can.. X x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.