Feeling anxious

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi to all my peri friends,

Yesterday was not a good day and today I feel the same. I thought being on HRT would help. It has help with joints etc but I still get very anxious. Most of the time I don't know what for. Yesterday I was shaky, tired, dizzy and kept getting surges of panic. When I went to bed I couldn't sleep even though I was drained of energy. Hence today I am feeling just as anxious.

When will it all end. I'm so fed up with feeling this way and always fearing the worst. Every ache/pain is magnified when I am like this and I have that much tension my teeth hurt from clamp jaw.

I began my period three days ago but have only just really got going on it today. Does anyone else feel like this on their period three or so days in? I'm wondering if it is because of this but I'm also wondering if you can take too much b6 and b12 and this have an effect too.

Sorry if I'm covering old ground ladies but I just need reassurance that I'm normal because at times I feel like I'm going to go mad with it all.

Helen.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Helen, your not alone.  I had a terrible period last month, but what I must tell you is that too much B vitamines can cause nervousness and anxiety.  I have taken B comples vitamines in the past, and I get terribly anxious and nervous.  Talk to your doctor about what B vitamin would be good without making you anxious.  Or, maybe not any B's at all.  I started taking B12 chewy vitamines alone, and so far so good.  I know what your going through, this will end eventually.  In the mean time be kind and cater to yourself.  Try to get some exercise, plenty of rest, stay hydrated.  Take one day at a time..you may even speak to your GP about a anti anxiety med.  When I get really bad I take a Xanax to take the edge off.  Good Luck to you

• Posted

Hiya Helen

I'm probably not the best person to comment on the benefits of Vit B6/B12, but I have to say that when I'd previously given it a go a good few years back for PMT, my experience wasn't that good. 

Funny really, as I believe these Vits are the ones we need to calm us. I'm a bit of a knee-jerk reactor at the best of times, but I found taking it made me very edgy, anxious and a bit shaky.  Safe to say after a couple of days they were in the bin!

At the mo I'm being what I like to thing of as 'brave' (more like stupid!) and seeing how much I can put up with before I cart myself down to the Docs for some HRT!  More for my bone health (my late mum had lots of bone-related probs, but even at 4'10" she was a tough little cow, and was on the go for most of her 82yrs, love her lil' heartsmilex) but I've tried the 'go it alone' and more 'natural' route but I figured there's loads of life left in this ol' dawg, and I want to live now, not after I've gone into fullblown menopause.

I'll be blunt:  I think I'd rather have some HRT, reclaim a bit of 'Me' back, and hopefully get a big jiggy along the way!  I don't want to have a rapant 52yrhusband who's gagging for it to to have to wait until I'm 'ready' in a good few years' time.  By which time he'd have lost all interest, and maybe the capabilitylol!  Us gals deserve a bit of what we fancy before its too late.  Just wish I did actually 'fancy' it now and then, ha ha!

Oh, I digress somewhat:  Check the doses against your RDA.

See you've got some great advice already from those who are taking HRT.  I suppose like most meds, you need to give them time to 'bed in'.

With regards your historic anxiety:  you really need to see someone about this.  I know that we are told to swallow that Mental Health services are over-stretched, but you need appropriate support with this issue.  Maybe your SSRIs need reviewing/tweeking?  You go get some support sweetie. x

• Posted

Hi Helen 

I have dealt with a lot of anxieties myself I am in the menopausal phase right now and I have read up on these HRT and the effects it has. Since I have been on this Forum there are a lot of ladies who are taking HRT to help their symptoms. I feel like a lot of your symptoms are coming from HRT to replace the hormones that you are not getting now since were in menopause. Why add more hormones to your bodys because these hormones can just cause more problems then anything. 

Thats why I myself do not want to be on HRT because it will just mess up my body more and i will have more anxieties. 

What we need is to find a balance that will work with us while we are going through the change in life instead of filling our bodies with HRT and having symptoms after symptom

• Posted

Hi Helen

I'm just wondering how you are doing today with your anxieties. 

You know when I took Vitamin b6 I had a really bad panic attack and this was on Christmas Eve. I told myself if B6 is going to do that for me I'm not taking it. 

Could your anxieties be coming from the HRT that you are on. I did read that the synthetic HRTs can cause more side effects than the natural ones. You out to check with your doctor on swithing to natural progesterone made either out of yams or soy, a compound pharmacy makes them. Try so relaxation and meditate Its hard when we have anxities. I just hope you are feeling better heres some hugs and keep a smile on your face it will get betterrazz in time

• Posted

Hi Susan.

I am having a better day today thanks. I haven't taken b6/b12 for two days now and today I don't feel as anxious. However I feel drained and just want to sleep. Still have plenty of tension but don't know why! I will hopefully see a doctor this week if I can get an appointment!!

Thanks for your kind words.

Helen.x

• Posted

Your welcome Helen things will get better in time and yes anxieties do drain a person out just relax and take it easy. Hugs to you
  • Posted

hi helen95781 sorry to hear your having such a bad time,  Youre certainly not alone I have just been diagnosed with menopause and the anxiety is immense so I can totally relate to your health fears as | am doing exactly the same thing every ache and pain is magnified to the maximum and I work myself into a state of panic..... do not apologise we all need reassurance and to know someone is listening and understands, I am new to this forum but so glad i have found this  site  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.