Feeling appalling at 13 weeks 😬

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking 10mg citalopram for 13 weeks, the first 6 ish weeks were awful, then started to improve. But I now feel like I'm going backwards, I've had 3 diazapam this week having not had to take them for over a month. Today I've woken up with a massive anxiety dread feeling that won't shift, I'm so gutted that I feel like this. Has anyone got any experience of this and if so what did you do about it? Thanks so much everyone xxx

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

as a rule of thumb, i have found, for me anyway, that if side effects are still bad or that the meds have shown no improvement by week 12 then i see about changing them as by that time they should be being beneficial
  • Posted

Hi iv only been on cit for 3 days today and on the 1st day of takin them i had a panic attack. I was laied in bed and all of a sudden started to panic over absolutley nothing. Iv never had a panic attack ever and my anxsiety is quiet bad these past 3 years. Altho yesterday i felt sluggish as i was panicin i was goin to have another attack. Today i feel fantastic! I just feel that everytime i start to panic i breath in threw my nose and then let ut out my mouth and count with each breth i take so i can see how long i panic for and it takes my mind off the panicin. Hope this helps u x
  • Posted

Hi marf

13 weeks is a significant time on this dose to ascertain if it's going to make you feel better. I think you will find an Iincrease may help you in this instance. Don' play the waiting game for too long, it's time for you to get some relief from your symptoms. Please have a chat with your doctor. When I increased from 10 to 20mg I saw a noticeable improvement in the first few days of taking it.

wishing you better ♥

God bless x

• Posted

Thanks, I'm thinking a Dr visit is now necessary too, I'm also wondering if escitalopram might be better as it seems to be more geared towards  anxiety xxx
    • Posted

Hi marf

please let me know how you get on. I stayed on citalopram for six months! Just kept waiting and waiting! Changed to mirtazipine and felt better instantly with zero side effects.

Glad your speaking with your doctor xx

• Posted

Omg really?? I thought mirt was likely to make you fat and tired? Were you more depressed or anxious do you think? xxx
    • Posted

With citalopram i was plagued with every side effect and unfortunately it didn't work for me. With mirtazipine I felt instantly better after just one tablet! No side effects at all. But you are right..It makes you eat like a horse! As I had lost so much weight on citalopram (resembled a skeleton! ) I was pleased to be eating and could not believe that my joy of life came back nearly instantly. I was on it 5 weeks, then started having sporadic rages.. my doctor was unsure if it was citalopram withdrawal causing it, or mirtazipine side effect. He asked me to stop taking it immediately. now I'm day 5 cold turkey from any AD!

Please speak with your doctor marf and try getting yourself better, quicker!

♥♥

• Posted

That's harsh though if you're now back completely to the beginning! I think I will go to the docs this week and see what he thinks. I'm possibly liking the idea of escitalopram as its similar but has more stuff that works on anxiety xx
    • Posted

Wish you loads of success with your docs appointment.

Keep us posted on your progress xx

• Posted

Hi, just like you I had a horrible 6 weeks when I started on 20mg and then seemed to improve and even experience a few OK days. However, the last few weeks have been horrible and I start week 15 on Monday. I don't have any answers I'm afraid but would love to hear from others if what you and I are experiencing is common???
    • Posted

it does seem to be a 'thing' but I wonder if anyone has pushed into a few weeks further on and been ok (or not!) I don't want to spend much longer feeling yuk if it's not going to change. I felt ok ish for a while too but now not so much 😬😬 xxx
    • Posted

My feeling is this may not be the correct AD for you marf. Waiting game can make you lose valuable time in getting well. Only my view but also from personal experience ♥
    • Posted

You've read my mind......so to speak......should we push on for a few more weeks or change dose or, indeed, medication. Hopefully some of the other members on this fabulous forum can offer their advice and personal experience?
    • Posted

Hey Bax, I'm going to see the doc tomorrow as I can't bear this any more xxx
    • Posted

let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.