feeling as if im losing my mind

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi again ladies!

you all have helped me so much this week. putting my mind at some ease that i am not dying! I have another question

Does anyone go thru short spells that feel like you are literally losing your mind? its been happening the past few weeks. not everyday but too much. usually in the afternoon all the sudden i feel crazy in the head. like i am on drugs. it lasts about an hour or more. i end up in tears and shaking that i am losing my mind. i dont/cant take AD and want to try HRT. has anyone had this and HRT helped?! i want and need my sanity back!

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kim, yes I have felt that way many times. You are hormonal normal. It is so strange how that feeling comes on and you cant explain it to people that have never felt it. You will be ok.....it does come and go but eventually you will just recognize it as perimenopause and it will just pass by. I have not tried hrt, I just take vitamin d3. Keep reading and posting on here. You will get through this. Praying for all of us daily. Take care!
    • Posted

thank you for responce. it is a horrible feeling i was trying to explain to my family last nite. it came in the middle of my daughters 6 yr old bday party sad

• Posted

Yes it comes at the worst times....usually when you have things to do. Be gentle with yourself right now, light walks, naps and breathing and remember that you are normal and you are not losing it! Things will get better.
  • Posted

Hey Kim first things first you are not losing your mind!!!! I felt this way last year for almost three months straight!!! I too thought I was losing my mind!!! I finally ended up at an acupuncture clinic that specializes in treating menopause. After a few r

treatments I felt sane again!!! I can't help with your question about HRTs because I steer clear of them. I hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

acupuncture helps?? i will have to try that. how do you find one that treats peri? do they use different things?
    • Posted

It did for me and I was climbing the walls!!!! I had so many symptoms I just couldn't function!! Go online and type in menopause and acupuncture you should be able to find someone in your area!!!! Remember it may take one or two sessions to feel better!!!! I hope this helps let me know if this worked for you if decide to try it!!!

• Posted

They use the needles(painless) and sometimes herbs depending on your symptoms.
    • Posted

thank you! i found a place close to me and calling today. how often are you supose to go
  • Posted

hi kim

i had this for months . i would hold my head like i was going mad or cracking up or something.. it was like you cant cope....but then it would come and go just like that,,, but i cut out choclates and sugar stuff out of my diet , and i cant believe the difference it has on me,, so much calmer i just cant believe it.. now i would still get a slight  twinge of it now and then, but i know it will pass so not as afraid of it like i was at first....iwouldnt even stay home alone as i was afraid,,and if i was alone, i was afraid to eat,,and didnt want to go driving by myslf,,,but thank god about 80 % better now..   not on any medications or hrt by the way. 

• Posted

im sorry u went thru this but its good to know its not just me. its horrible. i went from vertifgo and pain in legs which i had for 8 months and was horible to this which is way worse. im glad tp know there is an end in sight!
    • Posted

did you notice that foods are a trigger to an episode? i feel like a little after i eat i get an attack. i had fast food while out cause all the sudden i got very hungry and about 30 min later the " crazy " feeling came along with unsettled stomach sad i am getting thru this one much better than others now that i know im not alone and im not going crazy. i am hoping it ends soon

• Posted

I do definitely believe food triggers it. I kept a a4 refill pad and every day I wrote across the line what I ate for breakfast lunch and dinner and on the page opposite I wrote on the line across from each day what I had eaten and how I was feeling . And then if I had a bad day I would mark in red. And then the next bad day I would go back along and see the red marks and see me eat I had eaten in those days. Then you will see a pattern of what you ate on the days you were bad. It works brilliant at eliminating the bad stuff. So choclates sweets. Fizzy drinks biscuits and Chrisp with e621 are my culprits.But I do find the week before my period is due I would get a bit edgy even though I cut out all the crap. But I can't believe the difference in my anxiety levels now. So worth not eating the crap . I feel I have my life back. So hopefully you will be the same

• Posted

Try some valium for a short time it helps you to relax

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.