Feeling Awful

Posted , 9 users are following.

Have not had a period for 18 months haven't suffered badly with hot flushes now suffer with urine infections but thats sorted with antibiotics but now I feel at the worse ever constantly have muscle discomfort in my back and stomach and my anxiety is awful even though I am on tablets from the doctor for this I really feel I can't cope with this any longer does anyone have wonderful remedies for this cannot believe they menopause can make you feel so bad.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I know how you feel. If it's not one thing it's something else when you are in menopause. I took Jays advice on here and now take vitamin B6 and B12 and I feel like a different person. If you are not already taking this I would recommend it. It worked within a week for me. I noticed my anxiety drastically drop and my energy levels are so much better. You can get them from Holland and Barrett under the name Busy B.

Hope this helps.

Helen.:-)

• Posted

my help me as well because I do get a little edgy like the week before my. Used to happen when I was a teenager and I really have a zero tolerance for it because I'm still have time for it so I'm going to try to b6 and b12 also take about 4,000 milligrams of vitamin C because of an upper respiratory problems that's in addition to this other stuff going on I just try not to let it stress me out too much that's another issue will have zero tolerance to be stressed out so I appreciate it going to Pauls it does suck but somebody told me also magnesium calcium in the sink combinations can help out as well as well as potassium is another one that helps with that too
    • Posted

Hi helen

So pleased B6 and B12 helps you too, its the best thing of all for me, no anxiety now  & believe me i have been put to the test these last 6 months and feel in control again like the old me. 

I take other vits too but after a ten year natural peri and now 16 months post meno and just aged 50 .. Never felt better... 

HRT not for me .. Too high risk for me and i just wanted to face peri head on and get on with my life.. Didnt personally want to postpone menopause with HRT for older years, get it out the way chick me 😃

Good luck ladies 

Jay xx

• Posted

Get the right magnesium. 

Chelated bisglycinate best ( solgar) 

Doesnt upset tum, i take this type now.

Mag oxide and citrate has laxative effects and may make you run to the toilet each morning , so avoid them. 

Jay x

• Posted

You can get a calcium and vit D in one

( Natecal) i take that too for bone health

They are chewable i take mine before bed and chelated  magnesium one in morning and one before bed they relax me and may aid sleep

Jay x

• Posted

Hello jay I'm also doing B6,12 but not sure how much to take to be affective? I take one if each and vit.D. My anxiety is horrible!! 
    • Posted

Hi Donna,

sorry you suffering ! It's really horrible isn't it sad I find it hard to believe that it's cause by the peri menopause to be honest, Anxiety is my worst symtom, and not sleeping a full eight hours ! No hot flushes ? I'm 48, do you take any thing to help ?

sending you a big hug

Debbie x

• Posted

Hi Debbie I am going to try Busy Bee from Holland and Barrat as mentioned in an earlier post as my anxiety is awful and making me feel ill , fingers crossed this will work.

Amanda

• Posted

Hi Jay. Just jumping in to this thread. I'm off to buy magnesium today so am glad to read your recommendation here. 

Hope all good with you x

• Posted

Thanks Debbie I'm not taking anything other than the B6,12. I don't sleep at nite either I'm always worrying or thinking of doom and gloom. Be hugs to you we will get through this.
    • Posted

Hi Donna,

sorry to to go on ! For me I have Anxiety about appointments ? I know it sounds nuts . . . I have no idea why ?? I end up cancelling them in the end just to stop the horrible un well feelings it brings 😢 I really don't understand it, I never used to be like this as I'm sure you didnt ? It's extremely lowering to feel this way and as I said I really struggle to believe this is just a peri symtom ? I mean in a way I hope so because otherwise I must have gone mad 😱 😢

• Posted

Hi Amanda.

Glad to hear you are getting the vitamins. Please let me know how you get on. Give it a couple of weeks to kick in. All the best.

Helen. x

• Posted

Hi Debbie never be sorry that we all are here for each other. You are not going nuts even though you may feel like it. Anxiety can be in different forms I guess thats the proper word. Mine is freaking out about different aches and pains and finances is a big one it's horrible so trust me you are not alone and you are not crazy. smile
    • Posted

Hi Donna

Really appreciate your answer 🙏 I'm feeling really bad today !! 😢 my period started and I feel so low, all tearful and just generally unwell . . . . I'm sure I'm not but I feel like surely no one else feels this bad ? It's not fair being a Woman is it . . . 

Hugs to you x

• Posted

Debbie some days I feel really bad and unwell I thought I was the only one feeling like this but clearly not thank god for this group you are not alone.

sending hugs 

amanda x

• Posted

Dear Donna

Thanks so much for your reply 🙏😘💨 big hugs back to you x

• Posted

Your so welcome hang in there chick. I hope you are feeling better. I haven't had a normal period in a few months I barely bleed which I'm not complaining. I do however still get symptoms of it. I had to have a oblation done a couple of years ago. I am having a bad day of anxiety but trying to work my way through it. Hugs to you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.