Feeling bad after 7 days of Prednisone

Posted , 12 users are following.

I took Prednisone from Tuesday October 8, 2019 to Monday October 14, 2019. I was taking 20 mg per day. After my prescribed duration, I experienced withdrawal symptoms such as fatigue, irregular heartbeat feeling (pounding and rapid), trouble sleeping, dry mouth and eyes, indigestion feeling, gastritis (gnawling feeling), rage (rushing to cook food and eat), increased appetite, hyperness, mood swings, severe anxiety and depression.

It is currently December, I am still experiencing symptoms such as dry mouth, puffy eyes, indigestion feeling but have slow bowel movements, gastritis, rapid heartbeat, trouble sleeping, depression and anxiety. I recently started experiencing upper abdominal discomfort feeling in chest and back. Hopefully, this is just gas.

If I had a do over, I regret taking this medication. This drug disrupts my excitement of life in many ways. I pray that others and I feel better soon. I researched online that Predisone withdrawal can last from several weeks to 12 months. This period depends on how long you was taking the drug and the dosage. Prayer helps me.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

on was on it for 6 day 5mg but had to take 6 pills my first day then tapered down each day to zero pills. it sucked i felt so ill. ive been off them for 4 days now and my anxiety is through the roof, rapid heart rate,shakey,nauseous just blah. Does the side effects from withdrawal ever subside

• Posted

amd hot flashes one minute i am cold the next i am hot and sweating

• Posted

Hi Cameron,

I curently had to do the same thing for the steriods and im on day 4 of my tapper dose and i feel so ill already. how are you feeling now? only asking because I am believing God that you are better! please update me.

• Posted

Hey, I'm currently experiencing prednisone withdrawals.

I took it for 2 months. Quit cold turkey. It's been 3 months since my last dose, and I'm still nowhere near recovery.

My question to you is, how much time did it take for you to fully recover?

And what where ALL the symptoms you experienced during withdrawal?

• Posted

hello jochia ,

I know this is an old post but hopefully you'll see my reply. so I'm going through a Similar situation i also took prednisone for 5 days and then my health started going down ,mostly the stomach aches and horrible bloating, weight loss , anxiety, and heart palpitations.

it's been 4 weeks now since my last dose and i haven't recovered yet.

what's bothering me the most is the heart palpitations ( PVCs) they don't seem to go anywhere. my dr prescribed bisoprolol ( a beta blocker) it got better for the first few days nd then it got back nd stayed .

i really wanna know how you're doing now to give me some hope that it'll pass and o will go back to my normal life and did the heart palpitations take to get better.

• Posted

I had a short course of steroids a few years ago. It was the most horrific experience of my life. I had pretty much every side effect going whilst on them and the withdrawal was scary. I could hardly function. All the information about how a short course shouldn't cause withdrawal symptoms certainly wasn't my experience. It does get better but it does take time. I would say it took about 3 months before I started to feel more like myself. It turns out I didn't really need them either as my initial diagnosis was incorrect. Never again! All the best to you.

• Posted

Did you have blood pressure and heart rate problems?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.