Feeling Bad Instead of Good During Period

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

Before my periods starting becoming erractic, I used to feel lousy before it started and felt relief during my period so I basically only had PMS. Now I find I feel lousy before, after and worse during my period. No relief anymore. I'm starting to really get discouraged that I never feel well anymore. I am taking 2500 mg of B12 and 100 mg of B6 as recommended. I am taking low dose Iron in case I need that plus evening primrose and mult vitamins. Some days I wish I could quit work and stay home because I feel so lousy at work. Other night had my first experience with vertigo in the middle of the night. I'm beginning to think maybe depression is affecting me too. This is still new to me as I really just started all this in April. Can anyone please tell me this will get better? I can't imagine feeling this way for much longer sad

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can absolutely relate to what you're saying....it used to be that my periods brought some relief, but now I feel bad before, during, and after.....I'm chronically dizzy, my muscles ache, I have palpitations, my legs feel weak and shaky.....all apparently related to hormone fluctuations (I've had a bunch of medical tests done and everything looks perfectly normal)...it's become a major undertaking to get out of bed and go to work every day, primarily because of the dizziness....I wish I had some practical advice for you, but I'm still struggling myself....I get so sad and frustrated that this is what my life's become.....it's gotten to the point where I think I've made myself so anxious about these symptoms that I'm causing some of them to worsen....when I wake on the morning, I feel okay for the first few minutes, but then I subconsciously begin to worry about getting through the day, and the symptoms start flooding in....all I can say is, you're not alone and this shall pass....take care.
    • Posted

wearykitty, anxiety surely doesn't help. I actually left by ambulance at work and sent to ER because I felt like I was going to die. I got weak and shaky and felt like I was failing then anxiety set in. Hospital did blood work, EKG and chest xray and found nothing wrong. It's embarrassing when you feel so bad like your dying all to be told there is nothing wrong with me. So then, why do I feel so horrible? How can one not get depressed? I wish I could quit work and stay home until I go through the complete change. I too feel sad and wonder when my husband will get fed up with me and leave me. I feel like I'm ruining his quality of life as well as my own. I hardly ever even feel up to sex anymore. We've only been married 2 years and I'm a mess. I'm gaining alot of weight so fast too. I hate my life right now....
  • Posted

Hi Nancy

well i can tell you I have been in peri for almost 10 years and i am still in peri..

it has been a very long road... I hopefully will be full menopause reached next month..

this last year of no periods has been very much more emotional at times, very anxious, had the PMT symptoms for first 6 months of this year of no periods, rather more tearfulness seem to emerge. its passed now..

thats when i reached out for B6 and B12 in April and felt so much better..

even though I am almost meno reached I still have blips and shall still have to take all the vits and supplements to stay feeling the way i do now..

all women vary as you know ... but my peri was a long one 😥 even now I am flushy during the day... so it doesnt end ... 😪

Jay xx

• Posted

jayneejay, you have gone long time with this.....hope it stops for good for you real soon <3>
    • Posted

Hi nancy

arrr thank you, not had a bad day today with the flushes, been okay, think its the heat here, its so humid at the moment, but was fine yesterday and today, 

other than that little nisance i am fine ... so much better...

and getting my life back and my mind set ..

hope your okay Nancy 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay. Saw Dr for my jaw. He said its stress and anxiety related. What a shocker! Haha. He did say that anxiety issues can occur in relation to hormonal changes and has suggested exercise . Not so easy with a dizzy head! So, plan of action, keep on with the B 6. When I had my b12 checked it was right in the middle of the normal range. Do you think it would hurt yo take this as well for the dizzy stuff which I think is caused by tight muscles in head and neck. I already take magnesium. Thanks. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi mooma

blimey, hes telling you what you know already ... same old same old..

we also know anxiety and stiffness in body aches is due to hormones dont we,,

yes do keep on with the B6 ...

The B12 will benefit you you cant have too much, it doesnt harm you ..

have a great Sunday Mooma

Jay xx

• Posted

biggrinHi Nancy it will get better dear.  It just seems to go on forever cause we feel so crappy.  They say you feel excellent after this phase is all over.  It's just another woman stage.  This vertigo started in March.  I was even throwing up.

I started B6 and B12 pills each morning a couple weeks ago with food especially for my vertigo and I have had a couple mornings now without the dizziness so hang in there it will get better.  Something is working.  Can't get any worse!  biggrin  I also take a multi vitamin and vitamin D.  I walk daily and slowly changing my eating habits.  

So hang in there dear!!  

• Posted

Thank you Dottie, the hardest part is that I've always been a strong person and this has weekend me in every way. Glad there is hope!
    • Posted

Dear Nancy. I know its the worst thing I have ever gone through and I have gone through lots.  Soooo I guess that means we can kick this.  I am not going to be dragged down now.  It will get better. Pray Pray and Pray more often cause He is the only one who can change your life circumstances dear.  biggrin
  • Posted

Hi Nancy, I too used to have PMS just before period and then a bit of dizziness started to creep in at other times too along with headaches. I then had times when I felt a bit better and other times when I felt awful. Now I feel pretty rubbish most of the time. I had a period almost 11 weeks ago and nothing since so am guessing that things are winding down a bit. It's so frustrating not knowing what's going on. All my tests have been normal too. Got an appt about my jaw tomorrow to see if that's what the problem is with the headaches, pain etc. sorry I don't have any fresh ideas for you, but you are not alone. The only thing I have found that helps is a really good diet cutting out sugar, processed food, and refined carbs. It might be worth a try and has helped me to lose some weight. Good luck. Xx
    • Posted

Mooma,

I do think I need to cut out some sugar. I find that eating chocolate is starting to make me feel lousy when it used to make me feel good! Good Luck to you too!

• Posted

Hi again nancy

i drink pepsi light, i know its bad but i drink it each day, no sugar in it though, i also have sweetners in my cappucinno 😃 i drink the nescafe cappuccino sachets ... and of course cold bottled water, thats all i drink those three..

but i do crave choc and eat some everyday, never really bothers me choc, 

i never have sugar as in teaspoons in drinks etc, none on cereal..

when i was in mid peri, in 2011 i had bloods done and i was border line type 2, diabetes, so weird, as i ate well and never had sugar as had sweetners for years, and never full fat coke, i dont drink alcohol.. not over weight at all..

anyway, it was a peri blip, i still check my blood sugar with the digital testers, finger prick machine, and always fine... also my chloresterol was 6.2 which is higher than it should be, but since all is fine again..

so odd the effect peri and declining hormones have on our bodies ..

even the doctor said type two borderline ' never' .... but luckily all okay now..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hiya Nancy,  I can't eat sugar because the dentist always finds cavities.  Augghh!  There is a great natural sugar substitute called Krisda.  I buy it at Walmart cuz I have to drink my coffee.  It comes either vanilla or chocolate and it tastes good in coffee.  I have tried them both.  Chocolate is my fav.  biggrin
    • Posted

Hi Jay.  How are you?   

I drink diet Pepsi too on weekends with chips.  We can't be good all the time.  It's sad.  cheesygrin  I don't drink alcohol either and especially with vertigo..I would really be flying then.  I used to drink one beer with my husbsnd after work.  Cuz there are many health benefits to drinking a beer.  It was really surprising to find that out. I dont know why some mails on here are getting blocked.  It's not me dear.  Strange. 

• Posted

Hi Dottie

i am fine Dottie 😀

yes i tried to post some info but sometimes its not shown... never mind..

i was thinking about the nausia you have, vomiting with vertigo, that must be a nightmare.... i use to get a dizzy disoriented feeling sometimes, like when you get up quick kind of dizzyness, but not vertigo like that and vomiting.... you poor thing... i was just reading an article about vertigo on line with peri ... not nice.. 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay yeah that has happened a couple times...now I see it's been deleted. I dunno.  biggrin  My nausea is not lasting as long in the mornings (morning sickness) so there may be some hope.  It used to last all morning til noon but now I feel better by 9:00. Today was a good day so actually felt like doing something...who knows what tmw brings...I have had 2 good days in a row and then it's down in the pits again.  You can't plan anything.  We will see what happens sooooo we will carry on.  Night night cool
    • Posted

Hi Jay

Wow I am so glad to read that someone else's cholesterol and blood sugars have gone crazy in peri.  2 years ago my cholesterol was 4.4 then in March when I had all my blood tests it was 5.9, lol had 6 months at that stage of eating very little and certainly no foods that would contribute to high cholesterol.  My hubby is a diabetic and on and off we used to test my bloods, always been really good and lately they have been a little high, not badly but not as good as they were.  Glad your levels are ok now...

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

i know its crazy isnt it, i never had problems before peri ever, and only that 2011 blip at the time of blood tests... 

i still check my blood sugar... make sure ... still eat what i want but more healthy now...  and always been okay since..

only thing that comes back, and has for years is my blood protein is low ..

always has been ... but i am still breathing 😀

have a great sunday

Jayxx

• Posted

Hi Jay,

Sure is crazy, I havent ever had health problems before peri.

At least we are all more aware of healthy eating now.

Lol thats a positive that you are still breathing, keep it up.

Thanks have had a pretty good day today, started to paint the bathroom, so thats a positive.  Nearly bedtime now.

You have a great day

Jo xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

oh thats good, if your painting, keeps mind occupied.. and you will think oh thats a good job after so all positive stuff helps... 

i am off now for a game of golf again.. so my energy is good at mo..

speak soon 

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay

Totally agree, we need to try to be positive as much as possible

Enjoy your golf and your energy

chow

Jo xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.