Feeling Bad Instead of Good During Period

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

Before my periods starting becoming erractic, I used to feel lousy before it started and felt relief during my period so I basically only had PMS. Now I find I feel lousy before, after and worse during my period. No relief anymore. I'm starting to really get discouraged that I never feel well anymore. I am taking 2500 mg of B12 and 100 mg of B6 as recommended. I am taking low dose Iron in case I need that plus evening primrose and mult vitamins. Some days I wish I could quit work and stay home because I feel so lousy at work. Other night had my first experience with vertigo in the middle of the night. I'm beginning to think maybe depression is affecting me too. This is still new to me as I really just started all this in April. Can anyone please tell me this will get better? I can't imagine feeling this way for much longer sad

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nancy,

I can also relate to what you are saying.  I have been in peri for probably 7 or so years but October last year is when things really started to get rough.  October till May this year I didnt get a period and it seemed all the symptoms hit me at once and even though I had a period of sorts in May and July the symptoms didnt ease up.  I think though that the anxiety and stress I put myself through made it all a little worse and I was the same as wearykitty, when I woke up I was reasonably ok then started to worry about what I was going to go through on that day and within minutes the symptoms started with vengence.  I have only been married for 4 years and was so worried that my hubby would get fed up and leave and like you so upset that I was ruining his quality of life, thankfully though he has supported and helped me through.  For about the last 3 weeks now I have noticed that a few of the symptoms I had have gone, unfortunately though some new ones have popped up.  I can honestly say that I am better now than I have been for the last 10 months, every day used to be horrid, I am finding now that I have at least 2 days a week that I am nearly my old self and the rest of the days are manageable.  As I cant take anything for the symptoms I get except for digestive enzymes and probiotics I can only put it down to that I am trying so hard to get the anxiety under control.  I dont know if I will continue to be reasonably ok till I am finished with peri (goodness knows when that will be, I am 53) but I sure hope it will as I dont ever want to relive the last 10 months.  Take care of yourself and there is light at the end of the tunnel even if you start to get only one good day now and then, more will follow...

hugs Jo xx

• Posted

I too can relate to all your going through cos i'm the same. I too take the same suppliments as you and feel the same as you, its horrendous isnt it but i must say i do now get the odd random day were i feel pretty ok were as previously i felt terrible every day and stuggled through work but if i leave i think i will get worse cos i'll only have my symptoms to focus on.  I too thought i would never feel well again but you will and hope you do soon.  It all started for me Jan 2012 and its only these last few weeks i've been having the odd good day so it will happen, hang on in there nancy.

I'm sorry i have no remedy for you but just hope.

Jo i very much relate to you too, i could of wrote your post.  love to all x

• Posted

Hi anxiousface,

I am so glad that you are getting the odd good day and hope very soon they are all good days smile  Just wondering is Jan 2012 when your periods started going really whacky?

love to you 

Jo xx

• Posted

hi jo, No jan 2012 was when i started to feel strange i remember it well cos we had gone out for a meal for my husbands birthday and i felt faint and really strange, a feeling i'd never felt before and from then on things got worse and could feel like that daily.  My periods had'nt been regular for maybe a year before that but i really wasn't thinking i was begining peri to be honest i didn't know much about it as my sister whos 4yrs older than me had no symptoms like us her periods just stopped one day and my mum died at 45 so i didn't know what was happening to me but my sister recently said when she saw how ill i'd got she thought i wouldn't be here the next year which was 2013 so i just shows how bad it got for me but hopefully i'm stronger now and can cope better but i do get really bad days but we will get throught it we have to we have no choice do we.  love back x 
    • Posted

Hi anxiousface,

I am so glad that you are stronger now and have learnt to cope and you are right we have no choice but to learn to cope, just taken me awhile to realise that.  For me the little digestive issues started about 5 years ago but werent much of a problem then and probably about 2011 I noticed that I felt strange on and off and periods not regular but nothing as severe as October.  Lol like you I had no idea about peri, I just thought I was at the age coming up to menopause so my periods would just stop, ha how wrong could I have been.  Sorry you lost your mum.  I am the oldest. my sisters are starting to get little tell tale signs and my mum had a full hysterectomy and she reckons she had no problems.  Same here I was so ill that my family were pretty worried as your sister was and to be honest about Feb this year I didnt think I would be here for much longer but like you did get betterish and stronger.  I hope that we have been through the worse of it now and can from now on cope with whatever our hormones throw at us..

hugs xx

• Posted

Hi Jo

so true, these peri sypmtoms can make you feel like giving up on the things we enjoy, i been through this too, i found that facing it head on and keeping occupied and not giving in to it really works wonders, accepting its happening and tell your self its natural and all ladies face this helps so much, this forum is very helpful and supportive too, i started to give in and got very low, would sit and dwell on it making everything feel so much worse, but with a tweak of the natural supps, a deep breath and carry on an try and enjoy these good years with the peri attitude, I then found is quite liberating, and you should pat yourself on the back when you feel you cant do this and then you did it, with any of the tasks that you feel ' oh i dont feel like it' a little push and put it out your mind makea you feel so much better and you do even notice the aymptoms as much. as you deal with them and do things accordingly... and on good days the pei never even enters the mind. ' it does get better' i know some days are immensly difficult, but even if you do just a bit of what you want, you will  feel so postive about it after wards and the feel good factor does lift the blues of it all .

Jayxx 

• Posted

Hi Jay,

You are so right, if we try to stay busy and our minds are occupied you dont really notice the symptoms so much and I think that then helps to relieve the anxiety surrounding the symptoms and eventually the anxiety fades.  Takes alot to do this at times as you know but like you did, I am pushing myself and the last 3 days have been pretty good, still had a few probs but focused on what I was doing and not what was happening in my body (even when I was up the ladder and having a dizzy spell).  Lol a few months ago I could not believe this would ever get better but it does.

What you say is so true, this is a natural progression which is why I choose to go natural as well (and I cant take hrt due to familt history) and hopefully one day be able to try the vitamins and so on to see how they react.  This forum has been a blessing as I would rather read other's symptoms and experiences than google my symptoms, if I took on board all my googling, I would have every disease or illness known to mankind.  Thanks to you for the encouragement and help you give others...

xxx

• Posted

I am at 8 months after my first symptoms, and I had it all.  Think about one, I had.  The first 4 months were worst. Went to my doctor feeling I was about to have a heart attack. Fortunately, all the symptoms receaded smile but sometimes they return, less intense,  less frequent. I believe they will all easy off, soon. I am eating better, avoing fat, sugar, taking some multi vitamins and omega 3, chia, flax, etc, etc, etc, LOL. BE POSITIVE.  Hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.