Feeling confused

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi Ladies, i have been in the perimenopause for a year now and i am 46 yrs old.

I have of late been having these tremors feelings inside my body, has anyone else had this feeling?

I also wanted to ask when do you know when you go from peri into the menopause?

Some days are better than others, i cannot wait to wait to come off this roller coaster ride

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Im 46 too. Im not sure it's the same as what you ate talking about but every morning for the last 3 werks at approximately 3 am Im waking up to what seems like Im vibrating internally, it's like Im still tired and need sleep desparately but inside everything is moving and it comes along with some panic.....best way I can describe it. I don't know what it is

, I won't go to the doctor anymore, I find I just feel dumb after I leave the doctors, they don't truly get any of how this effects woman.

• Posted

HI do you manage to go back to sleep at all, I am on 7.5mg of mitazapine it helps with sleep, but my vibrations slight , are there still in morning,
    • Posted

Hi Susan, I can't go back to sleep for 2 to 3 hours afterwards, it's like I still desparately need more sleep but something inside is triggering saying it's time to get moving. It would be ok if I didn't have to work, I'd just live around it, but I do have to work. I have no issue at all falling asleep, but I can't go to bed at 7 pm to make sure I get 8 hours sleep. I feel really down right now and my anxiety is starting again, sleep is something I really need as it effects my everything, Im getting so Im so tired I could cry at anything slightly bad. I don't understand how woman are supposed to work and have the slightest norms life while going through this?

Im sorry if it sounds like complaining, as I know there isn't really anything anyone can do to help....Im just getting frustrated. If you try and talk to someone that isn't going through this they just look at me like Im a freak or a whinny baby.

• Posted

No they don't get it and they make you feel dumb or that your only problem is that you are an over anxious woman and need a chat.  But don't let them make you feel like you can't go check things out.  I was reluctant to go when I got my most recent round of dizzy spells and had no appetite, was sent away but had to go back as it was not coming and going,  turns out it was a UTI, and I waited a whole week to go back!  Always take a urine sample, so that they'll test it,  as you never know, UTI's are common in menopause,

Try powdered magnesium in a glass of warm water, it calms the whole system, so it might help the tremors.  It works for me.

• Posted

Same here. I thought it was just me but I have read other women's post too, that they have had the same feeling.. feels like an internal vibration.   After one year of no mensus... you are in menopause...   good luck to you and remember you are not alone!!!  💐

• Posted

I'm 41 and have been experiencing this and a host of other symptoms. The internal vibrating comes and goes along with my other symptoms.

• Posted

Yes, I've experienced this too. It's awful! I'm 42 and been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for about a year and a half.

It's like a shaky feeling inside and feels very scary when it happens.

I've also had adrenaline rushes which are equally scary and horrible.

Just know thar you're not alone.

• Posted

Dora- I have had exactly the same thing started about a year and half ago for me. Adrenaline rushes and the internal vibrating. I hate them both. I now have to take clonazepam to sleep because of the adrenaline rushes sad
  • Posted

One lady describes it as "buzzing like a bee".  Funny but not funny. It's s common symptom of peri and menopause. I had mine during menopause, especially at nigh when I was trying to sleep. My doctor at the time gave me Xanax. I eventually stopped taking the Xanax because they are so addictive. But here's the good news, I woke up one day and the vibrating was gone, just gone. 

• Posted

Hi, Samantha,

Yes, I get these internal tremors.  I'm 47 and have been in peri for 5 years. Sometimes it feels like buzzy vibrations throughout my body.  I often feel it in my left leg, but will get this strange sensation at anytime throughout my body.  It's very disturbing.  My doctor told me it is due to the extreme hormonal fluctuations.  There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to it.  This morning I woke up at 3 am and got up for the restroom.  Upon gettting back in bed I could feel the buzzy sensation which kept me from falling back to sleep.  This time it was in my legs and it caused almost like a restless legs type feeling.  Needless to say, I never went back to sleep.

I am dealing with a particularly prolonged heavy period right now (after not have one for nearly 90 days), so that may be part of the trigger for these symptoms.  It is all so tiring and frustrating.  Please know you are not at all alone in these feelings!  

I am sending you healthy wishes!  Hang in there and keep reading the posts from these incredible ladies.  I don't know what I would do without this site--it has been a true blessing.  It has seriously kept me from going crazy!  Big hugs--Sarah

• Posted

Yes, definitely. I had them for a couple months and they are so very disconcerting and annoying. Some days felt like my entire body was just buzzing with electricity and I'd wake up in the middle of the night feeling it. I haven't felt it in a while though thank goodness.

• Posted

Count me in on this one I'm 45 and in peri for about a year and half now this same thing happens to me it seems to start about a week before I would get a period at first it was frightening but I'm kind of use to now and I just wait for it to go away and it does what's weird is when I feel that I try and eat something small like a piece of fruit etc and it seems to die down a little I can't wait till all this is over with hugs

• Posted

Hi Samantha.. Yes it's a hormonal thing and I and other ladies at this site have had these...also I get like a flutterey feeling in my tummy and chest... The internal term or is a very strange feeling many of us meno ladies experience.. Hope this helps to know you are not alone . CK 😉

• Posted

Yes....I have had this too!  I remember telling my husband that I felt shaky inside.  That was the best way that I could describe it. 
  • Posted

Oh yes!  I am on bhrt, and it has stopped.  I can tell when I have gone too long without my creams and it is the first symptom I get back.  Have you tried progesterone cream?  Peri women are usually deficient in it.  It could help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.