Feeling deflated

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

I have been on the tablet since early November, I have only lost 10lb since then, I have reached a certain weight and can't get below it (the same for 6 weeks). This is the exact reason why I needed the help, because convensial diets did this. I then gave up as emotionally gave up. I suppose on the plus side I have not put on !!! Money is tight and I am a family of 4 so it is not easy to buy seperate foods for me. I don't have the money for the gym. As you can see I am looking for excuses and I want the motivation back.

Please help x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi cluck

sorry to hear you're feeling so deflated at the moment

could you perhaps post what you eat typically each day, maybe theres something we might notice or be able to suggest.

do you have a wii (and wii fit) that you could use at home (less cost than gym and can use with family)

if you go on 'the sun' newspaper online there is an article today about a lady who lost about 6st \"watching tv\", basically she ran on the spot whilst watching tv and built up her time, then she did crunches during adverts and she looked at what she was eating, i'm not saying it will work but its an approach to consider if you cant afford the gym. also you may find you could go out more for walks/runs/cycles now the weathers improving

good luck and dont give up!!

• Posted

Thank you typically I have 2 slices of bread and jam (no butter) for breakfast, a salad, with a little cheese (about 1tbs) to creat the fat content, and I graize on fruit (3-4 peices a day) then a proper meal in the evening, most of my fat will be in that main meal, as I need to feed a husband and 2 small children. I was thinking of maybe going for a run during my lunch, I only have 30 mins so difficult, but as the wether gets warmer it will be more convincing to go out. thank you again for your support.
  • Posted

hiya!

10lb is great!!!

Like you said, u havent put on!!

Im not with a gym or anything yet either, i have been trying to get more exercise by walking more, putting extra effort to work up my heart rate whilst cleaning around the house etc... nicer nights are coming soon i hope and i live on the coast so im gonna be walking down the beach...maybe try some of that?

I pretty much cut out bread, i have pitta only, maybe once a week i have a roll or something, i find it bloats me and makes me feel lethargic - maybe try pitta bread, white or whoegrain, its a bit healthier i think, i dont like it in the microwave so i toast it and have it with marmite, srambled eggs, ham salad etc, baked beans.

Good luck, dont give up coz you managed the 1st 10lbs, take each day at a time smile

sian

• Posted

the only thing i can think of after reading your post is it could have something to do with your dinner, if you're eating the bulk of your fat later on in the day you're perhaps not working it off in the evening? everything else looks very good.

have you tried drinking green tea to help boost the metabolism or having a small apple after your dinner as they can help break down fat?

• Posted

Hi Like the others have said Now the longer days and better weather try the walking. I've got my husband to drop me off 10 minutes before work now it's lighter so that adds up to 50 minutes over the week and walking the dog.

Before we got the puppy I used to go on my tread mill and watch programmes via the lap top, finding hard to find time to fit this in but will definitely be walking the puppy more as it gets lighter, just annoyed I can't take her by myself anymore as she pulls too much.

I sometimes dance to an advert of the tv when nobody is about but was really embarrassed when my son and his girlfriend caught me the other day soo... embarrassing :oops: lol the things we do to try and get rid of a few calories.

Don't give up !

• Posted

Hi There,

Does your council do a lifestlye card? If your on a low income it only costs 50p per visit to the local gym and sometimes you get a discount on swimming , so perhaps you could take kids too.

Been sitting on the side for a while now, on bluey's for about 3 weeks and as I've been keeping the fat down it's not been too bad for the nasty bits and whoever said the fatty foods taste different, I think it's true. I don't eat lots of stuff I used to as it dosent taste the same anymore. Just need a bit more re-training on the crisps.

Good luck everyone

• Posted

We do but it is £1.20, also the Dr can recommend, but still it costs £1.20 a time. I lost half a pound this week (I go to weightwatchers as well) I think doing that as well and having little to poor results make me feel worse.

Oh well maybe I am not destined to be a skinny girl

• Posted

hi cluck

dont be upset i think a pound off is better than a lb on and as far as i understand yr nurse from the dr`s can giv you vouchers for slimming world /w w /ect because thats why im doing this myself please dont ose faith smile happy chick smile

• Posted

Losing anything is great and at least you haven't gained a pound so you are going in the right direction.

Keep Going!

• Posted

my nurse told me that sometimes the body \"forgets\" to lose weight so you need to kick start it again by changing your diet slightly.

Do you drink green tea?

also try not to eat after 6.30pm as the body doesn't have time to deal with food after that time before it shuts down for the night.

a small apple after a meal will also help break up the fat content.

• Posted

I have vouchers for ww from the nurse, I am seeing her today so who knows I hope her scales have changed!! I like her scales they make me lighter than the ww ones :wink:

I can't stomach green tea, I have tried, I have been making more of an effort to drink more water, and I occasionally stop the tablets for 2-3 days, and start again to kick start my body. I work with rewards, even loosing 10lbs my clothes aren't any looser, which I think is equally disheartening.

I even asked the GP if he would refer me to hypno therapy to curb my want to eat all the time, but when he checked he said there is no evidence it will work for that. Gutted as you can see I have tried everything lol

I think I might try the apple thing, my dinner is always between 5 and 5.30 and generally I don't eat after that. It is the time of the month which probably doesn't help, as I blow up like a balloon..........Oh woe is me lol

• Posted

i find green tea in tea bag form hard to take, i 'chug' it down asap but then my friend recommended getting it from whittards, its in powder form and i had the strawberry and blueberry flavour, it really did taste just like juice and could be drank hot or cold, far nicer than the green tea bags
  • Posted

I tried hypnotherapy. It worked for a couple of months after I stopped but then wore off. I was paying for it myself and at £65 a session I couldn't carry on going continually. I've got my weigh in tonight. I might ask my doc about the WW vouchers. I am finding it very difficult at the moment. I am sure I am eating too many calories. Also I don't think the docs once a month is a regular enough control.

Hang on in there Cluck, I am sure it will start coming off again soon

• Posted

I think (could be wrong here) Suza got weigh-ins fortnightly with a practice nurse, maybe you could see if its an option at your GPs?
  • Posted

Sparkles is correct, I initially got weighs in with the nurse during the Well Women Clinic at my Dr's surgery and then went on to see her once a month when I felt that I had the hang of it but booked other appointments if I felt I needed them.

I only saw my Dr every other monthly to get a repeat prescription after the first 3 mths as they were happy that I was getting the advise and sticking to the diet by seeing the nurse.

It was something I did off my own back as didn't particularly want to pay out to go to a slimming club and the info and one to one support I gained from the nurse has been very helpful and free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.