Feeling depressed

Posted , 16 users are following.

I posted a few days ago about my new diagnosis. I am 25 years old. I really feel that I need to express how I am feeling right now because I am driving myself insane. I am currently having a lot of redness and burning. I was on the phone with this guy in London who I have been dating for three months and all I wanted to doo was cry on the phone. I feel like running away so I don't need. To explain what this is it what I am going through. I told a few of my friends and they don't really get it At theoment I am feeling very hopeless

I am frustrating because when I had the biopsy done the doctor said this is a classic case of lichen sclerosis. She didn't tell me how I would feel after the biopsy or what I could do while travelling without any steroid cream. She just booted me out of there and I took the underground back home in tears. I now look all scarred down there and it has made my self esteem go down very low. I feel like since I am so young who is going too accept me like this?? I have been using coconut oil and tries to find some pure aloe vera but I haven't come across it yet. I am travelling by myself in Europe and all I want to do is go home. Can someone please provide me with some positive feedback. I am crying everyday.

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nicole, I wanted to drop you a message to say I'm 29 and been diagnosed this year. I've got good days and bad and worry how I'll cope long term. So you aren't alone in feeling low.

i find making sure I regularly use an emollient to keep everything moisturised really seems to help me a lot and helps me to have good days. 

Huge hugs, by all means message me. I sometimes find it harder as people around me don't know how it feels and I think they just don't get it!! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.