Feeling Desperate for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

i have been told i have IBS by a few doctors at my practice and then one said i dont. i have belly pain and issues for over a year now. and i then discovers an umbilical hernia. wich i had repaird with laprascopic surgery at the end of july. problem is since then i keep getting constipated i have a burning pain in my belly like i swallowed hot lava. and a knawing pain in the left side of my abdomen about half way up. which is better in the morning but worse as day goes on. till it hurts to much to bend or twist. and i get a shap pain lower left side when i twist etc. i dont know if this is IBS or not. i went to my surgeon he said well its nothing to do with me and told me to see my doc. which i am but its 4 weeks wait. problem is it is consuming my life. im not going out at all and just stay in for fear of aggrivating my pain. and im scared to death. i know me i know this just not right at all sad anyone else any ideas???

steve

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound like IBS.  Stomach surgery often triggers it.  It took me 3 months and eight doctors to get diagnosed with IBS.  Your pain sounds just like the way mine was when my symptoms began.  The problem is very few doctors can spot it.   It takes a good doctor to do this.    Although all the doctors are very pleasant at my practice, there is only one who is excellent.  

My IBS began three months after an incompetent nurse massacred my arm during a blood test. I was in substantial pain for two months and even now the pain has never fully gone.

If you have further tests and they are all negative, it is likely you have Irritable Bowel.  I had terror, panic, anxiety and despair before I was diagnosed.  I think it's time to change your doctor.

• Posted

thanks for taking time to reply helps to know someone listening. my life has changed so much. I get anxiety and feel so depressed and hate life now. it scares me to death all this pain. what do you do to help it ?? x
  • Posted

My pain is barely noticeable now and I only take Buscpan and or painkillers if the pain gets bad.  Most of the time I find exercise helps, either walking or swimming.  If I take fruit, particularly oranges, this helps to control constipation.  Stress is a main trigger for me which is less easy to control because I I have Aspergers Syndrome as well.  However, I am a poet and I also love music which does help.
    • Posted

stress is another problem for me too I can't relax and my health worries stress me out as I get no answers from docs other than not to worry. I feel depressed and down about it all
    • Posted

Hi

Why do you have to wait 4 weeks to see your GP ??

If this is correct , then I agree change your doctor

• Posted

just the way it is no matter when you phone or book online it's 3 to 4 weeks I can't change doc as I can only go in my postcode I've tried
    • Posted

Call your surgery again ask to speak to practice manager, ask the manager where can you get help, if GP will not see you
    • Posted

he will just have to wait 3 to 4 weeks same for everyone just to many people registers there
    • Posted

I have in past they just automatically send you to A and E they get p*ssed that your there are tell you to go to doc lol might research private gp
  • Posted

Hope you're okay!

I'm the same with the left pains. Horrible it is. My fast to doctor says it's probably a spasm. But I don't think it is for how horrific it is. sad

Can you not see another doctor or even ring up everyday to see if there are any cancelations? Or even go up to A&E.

• Posted

For the burning, have you got acid reflux or anything? Lanzoprazole is apparently amazing for that. Maybe you should give it a go and see what happens.
    • Posted

it's like a Sharp pain when I move but on and off. I thought about A&E but they make you feel like you should never go there
    • Posted

I was prescribed ompeprazole similar thing years ago for heartburn but don't take that often the burning is well feels like the front of my belly but don't feel deep like just under the skin really
  • Posted

I am registered at a walk in centre where I can get an appointment very quickly or if necessary I can sit and wait to see a doctor.  It might be worthwhile googling to find out if there is a walk centre near you.  You don't need to be registered to get a consultation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.