Feeling Desperate for help

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

i have been told i have IBS by a few doctors at my practice and then one said i dont. i have belly pain and issues for over a year now. and i then discovers an umbilical hernia. wich i had repaird with laprascopic surgery at the end of july. problem is since then i keep getting constipated i have a burning pain in my belly like i swallowed hot lava. and a knawing pain in the left side of my abdomen about half way up. which is better in the morning but worse as day goes on. till it hurts to much to bend or twist. and i get a shap pain lower left side when i twist etc. i dont know if this is IBS or not. i went to my surgeon he said well its nothing to do with me and told me to see my doc. which i am but its 4 weeks wait. problem is it is consuming my life. im not going out at all and just stay in for fear of aggrivating my pain. and im scared to death. i know me i know this just not right at all sad anyone else any ideas???

steve

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I was diagnosed at 18. Im 52 now and still have bouts. Stress for me is a big trigger. Although I take medication for anxiety I still have that annoying pain on the side. It feels like a wound. I take Bentylol for severe cramping. I found that prune juice in the morning keeps me cleaned out. That helps with the constipation. When I gave to go anywhere I am very careful with what I eat. Sometimes I rather not eat outside. It's not fun. I had a period of time that I was OK then it came back. I feel that I cannot tolerate stress as well as I used to. I get panicky. Hope yours resolves soon.

Vivian

• Posted

I am stressed most the time these days about my health too. wander why it kicked off now then sad I get anxiety altho never told doc
    • Posted

Hi

Maybe you need something to control your anxiety. I think you should speak to your doctor about it. It may help.

Vivian

• Posted

anxiety can bring on so much pain... i suffer with health anxiety... i have been in constant pain for 3 months now... lower back pain and pelvis pain... been to.doctors 4 times really scared and worried... sometimes the feeling is a burning in my pelvis... other times its twinges of pain everywhere... and my doc said he isnt worried about it... and for me not to worry... how do u not worry when ur in severe pain? i am convinced its something serious... he isnt ... so he have me antidepressents and pain killers and said for the way my anxiety is its making the pain worse ... but after 3 months and still in pain its scary....
    • Posted

Has the doctor given you a pelvic scan to identify the burning pain you have?
    • Posted

no my doctors never do anything like that. they ususally tell me if i wait it will probably go away. but 18 months on it hasnt 
    • Posted

i have been in absolute agony.for 4 months and my doc says he isnt worried about it... pelvis and lower back... so scary... u put ur faith in these docs lets hope there right !!
    • Posted

I would not be at all comfortable with a doctor telling me that.  If I were you, I would insist on a scan and if they still say no, speak to your practice manager about your concerns and or change your doctor.   They should be investigating why your pain has lasted so long; waiting doesn't always magic a problem away.  My doctor would always run tests if I was in chronic pain.   

After, the nurse massacred my arm, I wrote a limerick to make a fool of her gross incompetence and I put it online along with a photo of the mess she made of me.  I also intend to make a formal complaint about the nurse who laughed at me and she will soon know whether or not I found her comments amusing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.