Feeling down about being ill and update from last posts

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone i have not been doing so well over the last few days. I have been really feeling very down and yesterday was crying the whole day. I phoned to try and get my results about my mrcp to see if stones are stuck in the bile duct but they still have not checked it all over and want to check it again so wont be hearing back till next tuesday about it. I have a date for surgery which is the 2nd of march but im still on this emergancy list so they are going to try and get me in before then. I just feel so down at the moment waiting around for results and waiting to see if i can have my surgery before then or if ill have to wait and being in this pain all the time and for this long i think has just really got to me now. Im on strong pain meds which seem to not be working as well now. Im just feeling so down and upset of being ill for this long and still having to wait then have surgery and will still have to recover aswell. Sorry everyone for being so down on this post its just really been getting to me over the last few days x

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Carmella, I know how you feel, my surgery is on 1st March and I'm getting so depressed with being in pain all the time.  I tried to get in earlier but my surgeon isn't around in February or has other things going on otherwise my surgery should've been this month.or end of Jan. All I can do is try to do the best I can to deal with it every day unfortunately I'm self employed so I have to try to work a few hours each day otherwise my business would be in real trouble. I just see all the things that need doing at home or work and I can't do it and I think that frustrates me even more. 

I know its hard to feel positive when you're feeling so bad but try to think ahead when you've had surgery and on the mend. I keep looking at the spring flowers that are coming out and looking forward to the growing season when I'm better and actually being able to enjoy it this year.

Take care its not too long now.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply katherine and yes its the hardest thing to go through and im so sorry you are going through the same. What kind of symptoms do you get? Ive now started getting new symptoms where the pain radiates from the top right down to the bottom right past belly button and hurts all over the right side now sad and has really been getting me down. Are you in pain all the time with you symptoms aswell? I feel so sorry for you having to try and do your own bussiness feeling so unwell like this. I know how you feel, ive never been ill like this before and it has really made me feel so upset. At first i thought i was doing ok but the longer it goes on it just gets more worrying. I always worry incase other things are going on to because the pain gets so bad and its all the time aswell. I hope your surgery goes well and keep me updated smile xx

• Posted

Hi Carmella, they thought I had gallstones last May but since then I've been having tests and just before Christmas I'd had it confirmed that my gallbladder is only working at 14%. I find the pain is constant, I wake up with it and go to bed with it but it gets steadily worse after I eat. Pain under the ribs on the right hand side going into the back and upto the shoulders. Its all tender on the right under my ribs that I can't  bear it if my husband puts a hand there, it makes me just away cos its very tender. I've found that over these months that the pain has increased to a new levels which I'm now finding really hard to put up with but I expect its a little anxiety too since surgery isn't too long away. I've got my pre-op appointment tomorrow morning to go through everything. Is that how you find yours? Worry doesn't help does it but then it is only natural. I find it easier staying at home and then I can get up or curl up in a ball if I need too and sleep. Are you tired all the time? I do worry when I get short, sharp, stabbing pains, they don't last for long but it does take my breath away that things maybe getting worse. My painkillers don't work that well but they do take the worst of it away but only if I take the full dose which makes me go all light headed, I suppose your the same.

Give me a message tomorrow to let me know how you are, then we can help each other through it. It will get better, so try to do something that makes you smile. Take care.

• Posted

I feel the way katherine i wake up with the pain and it lasts all day until i go sleep sad thats what worries me aswell because its been getting worse i even get pain that goes from upper right to lower right now aswell and goes up my back sad and same as you my anxiety does not help with it all. I just cant wait to feel normal again i never new there was so much symptoms with this. I also get so tired that i cant keep my eyes open and i have to sleep or lay down alot. I also get the sharp pains ect and i always have this dull ache all the time which gets worse through out the day, i get so weak and light headed likke dizzy feeling and its like a flu type symptom is the best way i can explain it. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and keep me updated ill give you a message aswell and keep you updated smile take care xx

• Posted

thanks Carmella. Yes I understand the dizzy feeling. Its strange as its getting closer I'm trying to tidy up bits of the house like the spare bedroom so I can go in there if I can't sleep so I don't disturb my husband!

Chin up Carmella we'll get there. I'll speak to you tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi katherine ive managed to get a doctors appointment today to tell them about more of my symptoms ive been getting and hopefully might find out some test results but think its to early for the test results as they said next week. but ill keep updated and let me know how your pre op went today and keep me updated hope all went well smile xx

• Posted

Hi Carmella, thats good you've managed to get an appointment, I hope you get on alright and let me know what they say.

Thats the mrcp results isn't it? When I had mine they said it would be 3 weeks but when I got the results from my consultant  they'd been looked at within a week, it was just a delay in getting a letter typed and posted. hopefully they'll have yours so you'll know if you have any other stones.

Everything went fine thanks at the pre op, just the usual stuff and more blood tests encase they have to do a blood transfusion, which is all a bit worrying but I know they have to tell people everything these days. Its funny when they ask if you have any questions, I don't really as I've done so much research online the only questions I have are for the anaesthestist as last time I had a general anaethestic I was really sick afterwards so I'm hoping they can give me something so I don't feel so rough afterwards as I really want to come home afterwards and not have to stay in overnight.

Good luck at the doctors and let me know. x

• Posted

hi  katherine im happy all went well with your pre op smile thats the same thing i would say about the feeling sick after i hate feeling sick or being sick but i think then can give you something for that if you let them no before the op smile I went to the doctors but they still have no results not till next tuesday time sad but they wanted me to do another urine sample as the last one had white blood cells in and ill get the results back for that plus blood test results next week to. I told them about the extra symptoms ive been having to like the pain lower down the stomach and they said they will check the urine results and everything to see if its normal then ive got to book another appointment to go back again. I just hate the waiting for results incase anything else is happening. Happy you got all your pre op sorted today though and ill keep you up to date when i find out my results next week. Also keep me updated with you to from carmella xx

• Posted

Carmella,

?I'm so sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with pain and having to wait such a long time for surgery.  Please don't apologize for being depressed about your situation.  You have every right to feel bad, because you're sick, in pain, and your surgery is still a long way off.  I don't understand why there is such a long wait. confused

?Once you've had the surgery, you will begin to feel better immediately.   I promise you that.  If you feel like talking, write to us here.  Keep me posted on your progress.   In the meantime, get plenty of rest.  smile

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply margaret. I have been having the worst time with the pain and it just seems to be getting worse as its all the time now and really worries me incase anything else is going on aswell and then i feel really down sad I just hope i feel better after the surgery and to be able to get my life back. I will keep you updated thankyou so much again for your reply means alot smile from carmella x

• Posted

Carmella,

?Big hugs to you.  You will feel so much better after the surgery.  Sure, you'll be sore at first, but that will go away after a few days to a week. 

?In the meantime, take it easy and relax.  smile

• Posted

Thankyou so much smile i just cant wait for the surgery now and start to feel better it is so hard being in this much pain for this long and still having to wait sad but like you said hopefully i will feel better soon thanks again smile 

• Posted

Hello Carmella, I can understand the frustration of waiting for results of tests they seem to get slower and slower. My husband is just like you with pain all the time and the meds not working. He had a scan in December and we still don't have results but they did say on his follow up appointment that he can have an op because the pain was so continual and gnawing. It will probably be 16 weeks from Jan 4th so we still don't have a date for op so he keeps the hot water bottle handy. Try to keep your chin up as the date for the dreaded gallbladder removal is in sight.biggrin

Good luck.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply and i feel really sorry for him having to go through this and like you said everything seems to take so long waiting for results when your in this much pain. Im going back to the doctors again today to check up on some of these extra symptoms ive been getting ive been getting left side pain and neck pain also lower right stomach pain aswsell now sad so just want to get it checked while im waiting for blood test results to. It is the worse pain and i dont no why they let people be in this much pain for this long sad hope your husband feels better soon and you get everything sorted from carmella x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.