Feeling down again

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have dealt with this mono like illness for 7 months. Fatigue not happy hurting all over especially chest and headaches no cough fever. Started as high heart rate and blood pressure with a few days of diahrrea abd a slightly sore throat. Lightheadedness like im going to pass out unbalanced feeling shortness of breath stomach pain. The list goes on and on but the worst thing is feeling like i cant breath. Like i can not get enough oxygen into my body without effort. Breathing is subconscious and i should not hace to try to breath and i should not hurt in my chest for 7 months and the doctors say my heart and lungs are clear and fine. It makes no sense. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do. I can not miss anymore work i will lose everything i have. I have had many tests done they say everything is normal. Also i can not hardly do anything at work because i feel terrible. Such a troubling situation for me and my new wife. I feel like i am going to die and i can not do anything about it but sit here. There has to be more to this situation than mono i do not see many people saying they could not breath for 7 months shortness of breath was one of my first symptoms of whatever is going on.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

have you tried any anti-anxiety meds? It's just a thought. I went through something similar with the breathing...not mono...and i had no idea it was anxiety related. If you haven't already it might be worth a try just to see if it helps then at least you can rule it out.

• Posted

I have been told i have anxiety and depression from this but heck if i know. I never had it before and i dont like taking medication especially something that is habit forming. That stuff scares me.

• Posted

yes you are right to feel that way about it. However, I have some just for emergencies. For me, I can take one and the chest tightness/air hunger goes away in about 15-20 minutes and then I'm good. It rarely happens anymore. I probably take less than 10 pills in a whole year.

• Posted

What kind did you take my pharmasist friend said that she and her husband took i the balspar

• Posted

I completely agree with the anti-anxiety meds. I went on Zoloft for a few months and it helped a lot. I think for some of us our bodies/systems need a hand in calming back down after the storm is over. Every symptom I had left when I went on Zoloft either lighted up or completely went away with in a few weeks.

• Posted

Well i am headed to the doctor to talk to him about it and see what he has to say on my symptoms that are left and the anxiety.

• Posted

I feel you Josh. I remember going through a very similar scenario about ten years ago now. I hope you find peace in the tests that have been done. That and the fact that they have come back negative.

• Posted

Yeah i think maybe i have developed health anxiety from this. It all started when i got gassed at work by some bad gases and i freaked out then i became sick after that about two weeks later but my lungs and all are fine from x rays and ct scans. I guess maybe i should deal with the anxiety better i got a great life and a great wife who loves me getting an awesome job jun 11th we have a home and a sweet little cat sitting in my lap at the moment i just need to calm down more and enjoy what i can. I know i was sick for sure those three months but maybe the anxiety is exasperating any lingering symptoms now. It is and has been scary and i have no reason to be so scared. Maybe it is the fact this is my first time ever being for real sick and it scared me more. I know i can be better and will be better. I just need to enjoy what i am blessed with and trust God to bless our new marriage and life together.

• Posted

I can see how it being the first time being very sick can play a role in heightening your fears and anxiety. Trust in your results Josh. It sounds from your previous posts that the experts have been quite thorough with you. I hope you find peace. Enjoy your wife and family my dude.

• Posted

i developed debilitating health anxiety from mono. I'm in therapy for it. i have Ativan for when it's really bad. i get the anxiety symptom of struggling to get a breath in too

• Posted

Me too - I've been in councilling for my health anxiety because of this virus. I'm 3 1/2 months in. My main symptoms now are weird dizzy spells where my neck seems to swell up and i get heart palpitations. It usually comes on midday and makes me incredibly anxious. most other symptoms appear to ha e abated. I haven't had night sweats in a long while.

• Posted

im a severe asthmatic but have noticed I need my puffer a lot more often than before all this started but as you know I haven't been diagnosed with mono yet

• Posted

Hi Josh,

i had mono last summer, but it has had a lasting effect on my mental health! this breathing thing might be related to that. i've been going through a tough time lately too because my silly mono anxiety brain decided to fixate on my breathing for some reason and has been in that state since march! if you think about it too much you start trying to take deep breaths when you're body doesnt need it which in turn actually does make you feel out of breath! I'm not sure if that's exactly the issue with you but if you think it is, you just have to tell yourself it is a weird anxiety thing and that voice of anxiety in your head is NOT your real voice and is NOT the voice of reason. excercising also helps take your mind off of it and regulates your breathing 😃

i hope this helps and if it is nothing more than a mental problem i know you can get over it. i am on my way to doing that myself

• Posted

Well i ran for ten minutes and wasnt crazy out of breath. That is the first time i have done something strenuous in months but when i came inside after i got a shower i now feel like i can not breath. It is so weird. My chest feels funny also it usually hurts but now just is a tingling feeling. If it is all anxiety that would be great that nothing is wrong but i hear it is hard to beat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.