Feeling down again

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have dealt with this mono like illness for 7 months. Fatigue not happy hurting all over especially chest and headaches no cough fever. Started as high heart rate and blood pressure with a few days of diahrrea abd a slightly sore throat. Lightheadedness like im going to pass out unbalanced feeling shortness of breath stomach pain. The list goes on and on but the worst thing is feeling like i cant breath. Like i can not get enough oxygen into my body without effort. Breathing is subconscious and i should not hace to try to breath and i should not hurt in my chest for 7 months and the doctors say my heart and lungs are clear and fine. It makes no sense. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do. I can not miss anymore work i will lose everything i have. I have had many tests done they say everything is normal. Also i can not hardly do anything at work because i feel terrible. Such a troubling situation for me and my new wife. I feel like i am going to die and i can not do anything about it but sit here. There has to be more to this situation than mono i do not see many people saying they could not breath for 7 months shortness of breath was one of my first symptoms of whatever is going on.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Josh,

I used to have the shortness of breath feeling, actually it was more like it was hard to take a deep breath, I also used to yawn a lot. This did not go away until about the one year point. I could barley walk a block without having to lay down. Mono is a very long journey, but I did recover.

• Posted

Yeah thats me like i can walk outside move some plants in the sun and walk back inside and be out of breath. Sometimes i can be out there an hour and not get it. It is confusing to me and scary though like i said my heart and lungs are said to be clear and fine. I have always been in great shape so i never had that kind of feeling unless i was doing some very strenuous workouts which at that point you know why you are breathing so hard. The only different for me is not that i can not take a deep breath but it seems like i am breathing harder for no reason and of course the more you think about it the worse it gets.

• Posted

does anyone get chest/back pain when taking a deep breath? I have been experiencing this for weeks on my left side only.

• Posted

Yes for sure i have had it since the beginning chest pain back pain both left side and i always worry it is my heart. Doesnt feel good with the shortness of breath combined.

• Posted

hi Josh,sorry to hear youre feeling so awful, mono is such a horrible virus and causes so many prolonged symptoms both physically and mentally. i also suffered from shortness of breath as one of my first symptoms, so much so that sometimes i just couldnt talk because it would leave me gasping for breath. I am currently 21 months in and am happy to say that i am close to 100% again, however it did take me a long time to feel well again with several week long relapses along the way. to be honest i didnt start feeling semi well until 11months, and even then i was only just functional again- mono is a long haul. i had never before had anxiety before but have since learnt that my breathlessness was probably caused by anxiety. the virus attacks your nervous system so causes you to be super stressed out for no reason. i got in a habit of retracing my thoughts after becoming breathless, to determine what may have caused me to get anxious. most of the time they were thoughts that at any other time would have just been nothing, but in my over stressed state i became anxious about the most trivial things- thinking about grocery shopping, thinking about where to park my car at a new venue, etc. It took me a while to figure out that my "usual" thoughts were causing me unnecessary stress, and this symptom did hang around a long time. I have only recently noticed that i no longer get anxious over silly things. i also didnt like the idea of taking tablets but must admit the anxiety was probably the most difficult symptoms of this while experience. Stay positive and wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery. things will get better, but its important to rest and look after yourself as much as possible.

• Posted

Thank you for the kind words i have just been forcing it to go away as i quit my old job to get a newer easier one but make less money to start with recently in the past year bought a house got married and i just dont wanna lose it all. It is a definite fear of mine i have to push through to keep everything i worked for and love. Just a stressful time i guess. God will get me through this i know it but it is hard to be patient.

• Posted

sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment Josh, i am sure God is watching over you as you go through this difficult time and that He will help you get through it. Something i learnt through my experience was that without my health, i didnt really have much. please remember to take care of yourself as best you can.

• Posted

Hi Josh,

I can really feel your pain coming across in the message you write, I just hope and pray for your healing and for a real breakthrough soon. I know you have been suffering, turning to God and asking for help and healing in Jesus' name is the thing which I rely on more than anything when at terribly low ebbs. I'm also struggling badly at the moment, have been hit with a terrible headache which has been so intense for over a week and just don't know what to do other than just to pray to God and ask for His help and trust Him.

I still believe that God is going to heal you Josh, please hang in there and remember it's a time factor, it's very painful to go through I know but truly as time goes on and as you reach that second year, I believe things will be in a better place for you - it was 10 month before I really seen a big change and step forward, so hang in there, there is hope today and you will get there. God is good.

Craig

• Posted

hi Craig, im sorry to hear about your struggle with your headaches, i remember getting bad migraines and how debilitating they can be. i cant imagine that going on for a week, im so sorry youre going through this. i will pray that your headache goes away and that God grants you good health for the remainder of this year.

• Posted

Hi KS,

I just want to say thanks so much for praying for me with this headache that has been bothering me, it really means a lot and I'm so grateful - prayers from kind folks like yourself is the best gift I could have, I know God hears the prayers of sincere and good people - thank you so much for your kindness and compassion to me, I would be so grateful if you could keep me in your prayers as have been having a really tough time.

You're so right that we all take our health for granted, it's only when something is taken away often we realise how much we rely on God and His mercy and goodness for everything good in our lives.

I do hope so much that you have been doing well at the moment KS, it's always a blessing to see posts from you as you have always been so friendly and supportive to me, and I know you know what it's like to suffer and go through tough times. So definitely hoping for and praying for good health and a period of stability and many blessings for you at this time - may God bless you today!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.