feeling down and i don't know why, help

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi, i'm annie. my problem has been going on for a little while now. i simply feel sad. when i'm around family, i'm fine, but i know it's not going to last. it's like every thing makes me sad. i'm oversleeping, and i completely stopped caring about what i look like. for example, i used to have to change my clothes everyday, but now i can wear the same outfit and not give a s**t. also, keep in mind that i'm only 14, i'm homeschooled, and have zero friends. and i have anxiety, which i have been professionally diagnosed with.

this probably doesn't make any sense, but please help me out.       

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Annie, please tell someone in your family keep talking. What does your family say? Are they supportive.  I'm not a doctor but you may need medicine or the correct medicine. Please don't isolate yourself.  Life is hard. But "this too shall pas" you can feel better.   Keep us posted.  Best of luck to you.  Reach out to me any time ! 

• Posted

i've tried talking to a family member. but in my family anytime you bring up a problem about you they make it about them. thanks anyway tho. confused

• Posted

Don't take medicine. Nothing is wrong with you. Just embrace the feeling, it will pass. It's ok to feel however you feel, you may wear whatever you like, you can talk to whoever you like, you can sleep as much as you/it needs. From what I read nothing is wrong with you, just go with the flow. And let us know how it feels after some time.

Love,

m

• Posted

Unless you are a psychiatrist and have treated her you have no clue if she needs meds. I agree meds are not always the answer. However they saved my sons life and I'm not talking about narcotics.  Something that evens out his levels and did not want to hurt himself.  

• Posted

Hi Denise.. I am on the psychology department at faculty, it's my second faculty. I also practice and do energy work and healing. Have you ever seen documentaries on psychiatry? An industry of death, have you seen anything similar? also, have you heard of developmental trauma, childhood traumas? i have been on meds myself, i know they can balance a bit, but they also alter the awareness and the possibility for deeper healing, understanding the core of the issue and altering the response of the nervous system, which causes depression and anxiety, that go hand in hand usually. Do you know that depression is firstly a healthy phenomena? (Scott Peck) it involves changing taking place, letting go of paradigms, beliefs, and that can be painful and it requires lots of energy. But it is healthier to give a handing hand rather than condemn someone's state, and fear for their health, rather than understanding or at least, trying to understand their metamorphosis. If happiness and acceptability is forced on people, it can get worse. Happiness is not the norm, health is. Health is authenticity. Children suffer because they perceive things they can not verbalize, define, yet feel and know, and lend their power to know best for themselves to their caregivers, who have not healed yet either. They inherit their parents emotional and mental states.

I don't know her personally, but I can sense her mental state from what and how I read (it), and I would never give a child meds, they have more potential than we think. Potential for knowing themselves, if they are allowed to express themselves, if they feel safe to believe themselves. All of this can off course be mediated with a deeper understanding and approach.

I wish you all the best,

• Posted

also, these conditions can be a sign of a talent and/or gift of the child that parents are not aware of, that probably carry it themselves too, some other sort of expression in this world. Our children are extensions of our subconscious.

I am still learning myself, do not take it as graved on stone, but read it twice if you find it somewhat truthful.

respectfully,

M

• Posted

I appreciate your point of view

I can tell with you with 100 percent certainty that my son had no trauma in his life and  was born wired like this.   He wanted to kill himself at 9 years old.  I knew something was wrong.  I have my son on an antipsychotic meds.  This saved his life along with a specialized school.  He's 20 living his life going to school has a car and job and freinds.  What works for one does not work for everyone.  

• Posted

hi annie

sorry things are not great we all go thru lots of bad times and you are also at an age that so many things change

every day should have a little thing in it that makes us smile but not always I feel down most days but I know that I have to get on with it being adult you some times don't have the ability to ignor the world I was home schooled had no friends lived in the bush nearest neighbour 5miles away so I know about being isolated its not a good thing maybe tomorrow you could start by brushing your hair and putting on a clean set of cloths .

one step at a time 

• Posted

Annie, can I ask why you are homeschooled? Is it because of your anxiety? Is there a possibility of you going to a normal school, to be around other kids your age? That's very important, especially when you are so young and going through the teen years. 

• Posted

yes, because of my anxiety issues. i have no clue if its a possibility. also, i've been to public school before, but i got pulled out couple years ago.   

• Posted

Hi Annie, I assume it was your parent's took you out of school because of your anxiety then? Were there specific problems for you at school? And did they think that would make everything better? If so, then they were very naive. I don't think it was right of them to isolate you like that. No-body does well when isolated. 

The fact that you feel sad and are caring less about your appearance suggests that you are also depressed, not just anxious anymore. This is what often happens, that one leads to the other. I honestly think you need to speak to a GP. You are not going to be able to manage these issues on your own. I'm so sorry your immediate family does not understand. Is there another adult you trust that you can speak to in confidence? I suppose you could go to the doctor on your own but it would really help if you had support from an adult. Or perhaps you can google adolescent support groups in your area. Here in the UK there are many organisations set up to especially help young people with mental illnesses. You could contact them directly yourself and set up a meeting. I know that might seem daunting to do on your own, especially when you already feel anxious, but that is the whole point of them being there, to help young people in crisis.

You need someone to talk to Annie. Someone who is going to listen and support you and get you the right help. It would be best if that was your parents of course, so try again to explain to them, but if they don't listen then please have a good think about where and who you could turn to next. Please let us all know how you are doing. 

Lots of hugs to you xxx

• Posted

It's her parents, or closest environment that triggered the anxiety fool. And she is asking from help here, don't send her elsewhere, she can feel the love, care and wisdom through the internet too, if you got any to give anyway.

She is fuc**** 14, she has no depression, no anxiety, she's been told smth is wrong with her while probably it's her parents and social environment that suffer from the s**t.

Annie, follow your inner guidance system, trust whoever you feel you can trust, talk to whoever you want to, do whatever makes you happy, joyful, going outside on the sun, singing, listening to music, reading, whatever makes you feel better. And do not worry we are here for you.

• Posted

Oh my god....how completely rude. Who the hell do you think you are to speak to anyone on here like that? And what experience do you have by the way?? Because I have plenty. Plenty plenty. I am 42, have suffered with anxiety and depression since childhood and have a 17 year old daughter who also suffers the same. I have an awful lot of life experience when it come to such things. I realise she is 14. But that does not make her problems any less real, believe me. She is obviously suffering. I did not receive ANY help at her age and my god that made my life difficult. Please do not comment if you do not understand depression or anxiety. And please grow up.
    • Posted

So you effectively transferred your fears to your daughter havent you? is it nice to have someone fear and panic with you? especially younger, powerless to her mother creature ? is it empowering to know how much experience you have, how much you have suffered, does that make you a better person? are you now fitting the mould? do you want to weigh our experiences? do you want to be the greater martyr?

I am noone you will ever meet, for sure

peace out

• Posted

I really don't think this is the place to have an argument, but as you wish. No actually, I have not transferred my own 'fears' as you call them on to my daughter. You are assuming an awful lot about our lives. She grew up with a father who it turns out has narcissitic personality disorder. She has had a very 'disturbed' life due to his actions. There are other things too, but that is none of your business. And no, I do not enjoy her suffering. I have done all in my power to help her and she is recovering. I love her and she is the most fantastic person. I am so proud of her. I do everything I can to support her and encourage her and allow her to make her own life choices and live her own life. And I do not sit and dwell on my own problems, I am actively trying to overcome them. You have no idea of what has passed in my life. I am in no way a martyr and have no wish to be either! You have actually made me laugh with your ridiculous comments! And I do have to wonder where all your venom comes from? You appear to be bitter. Or if not bitter, then extremely judgemental. And being judgemental is not what people who are deeply suffering from mental illness need. They need deep understanding and care. Two things which I see you are severely lacking.

And no, I sincerely hope I will never meet such a deeply ugly (I'm talking on the inside) person as you.

• Posted

my parents didn't pull me out, my mom did. she moved in with her ex a couple years ago, and i'm pretty sure that's when all this started. also i really hope you're right.

• Posted

Again, speaking about something you know nothing about.   Not fair.  She was simply saying she has life experience. 
    • Posted

I respect energy healing and with some it can work. But unless you have MD beside your name and have  diagnosed her you are speculating.  Genes play a role in this as well.  My son has had neuropsychologists since he was 3.  We paid everyone of them.  As well as a psychiatrist

To the tune of 320 an hour.   We are here to support her not tell whatvthe cause is. And blaming her parents should be a huge no no.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.