Feeling dreadful

Posted , 9 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can reassure me or offer some advice? I've just had an operation on my neck so am still feeling sore and am recovering slowly. Today I woke up and felt very sick, absolutely exhuasted and with everything aching (the backs of my legs, my back etc).

I am definitely peri-menopausal (nearly 52) and have Evorel oestrogen only patches. My periods are very erratic and I always feel worse when a period is due. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone and does anyone have any advice? I saw a Gynaecologist ages ago who said I should really be on full HRT rather than just oestrogen patches since I haven't had a hysterectomy, but my GP doesn't want to "rock the boat" since I am taking other medication for my neck problems. Does anyone think HRT would help this terrible tiredness, achiness and sickness?  Thank you!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have to ask because i see it a lot on this board - why are you all getting hrt and gyne meds/advice from your gp?  your gp has "general" knowledge; they look in a book and say, "ah this is what is normally done."  a gyne has experience in the specific area that you are having problems in.  that's their specialty. 

as others have said, anaesthetics, pain meds, fluids, antibiotics from your surgery have just invaded your body and it takes a while for the body to adjust, and their natural reaction is to flush them out. plus your cells are  mending the tissues from the procedure.  your body is working overtime right now.  that doesn't always feel good.  think of drinking too much alcohol or being addicted.  body reacts the same way to something it feels is strange.

hope you feel better soon.   

• Posted

Hi kristi

i totally agree.. GP is general and i would never listen to a GP for Gyno issues, always a Gyno..

jay x

• Posted

I don't disagree with you at all Kristi but it is quite normal in Scotland to be issued HRT by a  GP.  Thay often do this in consultation with the Menopause clinic and my GP did this.  A lot of women get referred to menopause clinic but through a hitch that was my fault I just could not wait to be seen and thought I was going to go crazy so I was prescribed...I will be going to gyn soon as advised by my GP and he is seeing my regularily.  The ideal is to beprescribed by a consultant but the numbers would be too large for the gyne department to cope with.XX
    • Posted

You're probably right. I'm on a real cocktail of drugs at the moment and my neck is still fusing. It's just ten times worse prior to a period (or when a period should be!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.