Feeling extremely anxious and depressed on Lexapro

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all I really hope and pray someone can help!

I was on Lexapro 18 months ago and it worked perfectly until it stopped working. Long story short I have restarted it.. 10 mg for a week 20mg for 2 and a half weeks and now on 30mg for 2 days. Well I am feeling so anxious and depressed. I wasn’t even that depressed before but now I am!! I don’t want to die but I can’t go on like this. I have 3 kids and every second is a struggle. 

Has anyone felt like this on Lexapro start up? I didn’t feel like this the first time around on it.

Seriously thinking of quitting this med and trying to go it alone   I feel dreadful! 

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello,

Just to remind you, every increase of dose create another side effects again, so patient will be essential. 

Good luck...

• Posted

Thanks heaps for your support!

Getting there I think.. very slowly 

Xx

• Posted

I started on 10mg and went to 20mg after 3 weeks and it was too high and too fast. I sold Zoloft for years and respect the potency of Lexapro. 20mg made me so tired, I knew it was too high for me. I have been on 10mg for 6 weeks and feel so much better.
    • Posted

Thanks!

Yep I need to be more patient for sure. Lexapro worked amazingly for me in the past so I know it is a great med

smile 

• Posted

Hi ria, I see now it has been 5 days since this post. How are you feeling? 
    • Posted

Hi!

Yeah not too bad. Very up and down. I’ve been really tired the last couple of days as my sleep has been a bit restless.

How are you?

• Posted

I am hanging in there. I was really sick for like 3 weeks. I was taking antibiotics, an inhaler and over the counter meds. It really threw me for a loop. It has been 7 days today just on my WELLBUTRIN and lexapro. Looking for ward to less anxiety. So glad you are feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.