Feeling fed up

Posted , 6 users are following.

i was diagnosed two weeks ago with Barretts and an ulcer I was prescribed oresazpole and was ok for the first two days but then started to feel sick and jittery all the time I went to the doctor who changed it to lansopzole the last two nights when I.ve gone to bed I,ve had a horrible heaviness in my chest the only position I,m comfortable in is flat on my back I can still feel it when I,m sat up but not as bad it feels like trapped wind does anyone else suffer this or know what it could be

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

What type of surgery for the Barrets? What does your daughter say about it?
    • Posted

Yes for Barretts It takes out all the the lining in the esophaugas that went bad All the meds did not work I have been on them for years Never realizing I had an disorder The doc determined since meds don't work the surgery had to be done Since it's a pre-cancerous disorder and turns cancerous more that people realize is what my told me I am having it done It causes me more than just burning pain it causes actual pain in the middle of my chest and feel quivering It's aweful My daughter believes people with Barretts should get endoscopys every year and if symptoms like coughing all the time for no reason or hard to swallow and hard to breathe go to doc right away I hope this helps If you have any questions let me know Good luck Keep me updated

• Posted

My Gi doc said due to the fact Prilosec type meds even perscription ones did not work at all Surgery that removes all the diseased tissue It has gotten so bad that I have to have tums at my side at all times When  an attack comes on I feel like I am having convulsions along with with horrible burning My daughter said said it is absolutely nessacery I have the surgery She explained to me how easy Barretts can turn into  cancer as it is a pre canerous disorder She learned that even without significant symptoms It can be turning into cancer due to people not realizing there heartburn/Gerd is more serious So you can go years with it without knowing Which is what happened to me My daughter thinks doctors have gotten a little lazy these days Not following up on peoples symptoms I hope this was a little helpful Keep me updated and good luck
    • Posted

I agree with your daughter Alley. GPS have fobbed me off with just feeling stressed for last few years when complaining about chest and back pain. 
    • Posted

For that very reason is why she got a degree in Neurology and Forensic Pathology She believes in more autopsy's to learn how the brain was functioning at death She has seen so many undiagnosed Nerve diseases that was a factor in peoples deaths And when it comes to Back and neck pain are not easily explained Always look into the brain It's so upsetting when they say you need a psyc Dr or hand you pain pills or whatever and refuse to find an answer Sadly she said in chatting with drs during an internship She had brought her theory up and they all agreed but they all said they don't like doing the paperwork for insurance Co Please stay in touch Keep me updated I will mention to her you agree She will be glad people are seeing the problem wink

• Posted

I’d happily volunteer to be a research candidate for this sort of thing just to get to the bottom of what’s going on! Thanks Alley. Good to chat. 
  • Posted

Well these comments scared the crap out of me. Better to be informed though i guess. Thank you ladies. I was wondering why everything online said such a small percentage get cancer. I wondered how that was possible. Maybe the cancer just didn't get diagnosed for some.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.