Feeling light headed

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I've posted a few times with various symptoms but just wondering if anyone gets light headed/dizzy at times, I have a lot going on wit weak painfully legs, lower back and rectum pain, Nausea etc, getting really upset and frightening now, Tks in advance

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I too am light headed most of the time but particularly after a bowel movement. I have low level pain most of the time and use Tylenol or Paracetamol if you are in the UK, if it reaches higher level.
  • Posted

I feel lightheaded a lot of the time   I have a lot of wind and bowel pain at the moment I think it’s because I have been drinking a lot of water x
    • Posted

Tks Susan for your reply, have you had any scans or camera work done to see what's causing the dizzzyness

• Posted

I have had a colonoscopy, 2 scans and 2 sygmoidoscopies. I have had 2 major bleeds but most of the time am OK with occasional infections which are treated with antibiotics. I am relatively well compared to many people in this forum and have been for 13 years now. So, I count myself lucky.
  • Posted

Hi kate I also have leg pain lower back pain and very light headed abdominal pain always no nausea or rectum pain I was worried about leg pain because of blood clots and I don't drive because of dizziness My GI blamed it all on diet said I needed to start eating like I did before diverticulitis she said lower back pain was due to laying in bed to much Well slowly starting to eat different foods and in more abdominal pain than ever I am back on soft food diet withering away! Good luck l hope you find some answers

• Posted

I’m in same way, was diagnosed diverticulitis with abscess in Feb, lost 34lbs , as of May now have bad abdominal burning, diarrhea, lower back pain and some leg discomfort on left side. All my blood work and cat scans normal just have Diverticulosis. More anxiety, I have new GI Dr, and going to have colonoscopy in 2weeks, cuz mine was clueless. Diet is so important soft blended foods. Go check out Mayo Clinic diet or DD pain free foods . I’m waiting on all my stool labs to rule out SUDD, IBS, Candida, parasites, and back on liquids for 2 days. Then a weird Candida diet for now. So stressed 😩 

• Posted

A cat scan with contrast in 3 weeks if she doesn't think it will cause worse problems a colonoscopy a month after that She thinks my back pain dizziness diahrea and pain weakness in my legs are not common with diverticulitis she said liquid diet is the problem that I'm depriving my body of nutrients and vitamins She believes all of us sufferers need to eat solid foods after 3 day liquid and 3 day soft This suggestion hasn't worked for me She says it's psychological!!! I have another appointment with a different gasometry doc July 3 I'm gonna have to file bankruptcy after this is over Proud 60 year old that has always paid my debts this disease is killing me in many ways 😥

• Posted

God love you vickie, really hope you can get back to normality soon, it's a truly cruel disease, mind yourself x

• Posted

I'm with you there is no way I can work most of the time I can barely make myself something to eat it took me a hour to cut up a chicken I have no stamina The best of luck to you and everyone else trying to live life with with this condition Do try to take small walks though my muscle tone is about gone I am now walking a little as tolerated

• Posted

Hello Kate and everyone,

My Dr told me the last visit that I was not eating enough nutrients and that I would worsen if I did not begin to eat better foods.  He is a close friend and been my Dr for 25 years so I trust him.  I began eating a little more the next day and brought in cooked carrots and cooked radishes and cooked turkey in the crock pot.  I also added green beans.  Not all of these the first day of course but in the last few days.  I do have to admit I am feeling better with adding better foods and a little protein.  I am walking and drinking a lot of water.  I really hope that you can get some answers.  Finding a Dr you trust will help.  My Dr did say I am not typical of the typical diverticular disease patient.  Maybe none of us on this forum are.  I think all of us seem to have similar problems.  My question is how do all the other people end up eating normally and living a normal life?  I know people who do.  Maybe there is hope for us if we ever heal!  I believe things will improve and I pray they will for all of us.  Hang in there and try to aim for a little more food.

• Posted

Hi Kate, I just got diagnosed with diverticulitis yesterday. I've been feeling dizzy as well but the GP I was diagnosed by is not my usual one and didn't give me any advice on how to manage my symptoms. I'm also diabetic but the surgery only provides glucose testing kits if you need insulin (which I don't). It's so frustrating, I want to know if the diverticulitis is affecting my blood glucose levels but I can't afford to buy the testing strips! Sorry for the rant, I've had a really bad day

• Posted

Hi Barbara, don't worry about ranting, that's why are here to support, I tho K feeling Di, zy can be part of diabetes too, is there a blood test they can do to fix d out which problem us causing you to feel dizzy,

• Posted

Hi Kate, thanks for being so understanding. I found out myself what the problem is, when I tested my blood sugar it was considerably higher than usual. I haven't had diabetes for long so I'm still finding my feet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.