Feeling like I am coming down with the flu all the time

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi,

I am 49 and perimenopausal. I am still having periods but a shorter cycle of 23 days. My latest symptom is this feeling like I am coming down with the flu all the time - that slightly achey and yuck feeling you get and total exhaustion. It is like having a comstant virus, but I don't. All of my blood work is fine. This on top of all the other usual symptoms is really getting to me. Has anyone else had this and if so do you have any advice for me?

Thanks

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got hit hard with perimenopause 8 months ago. It all started with a migraine aura. Although, the writing has been on the wall for some time. I was very ill and I described it as feeling like I had the flu. It was day after day of just feeling lousy. I was tired, achy, headache, no appetite, etc..

• Posted

I had the migraine auras at least once a month last year fortunately that has eased now

• Posted

In some ways it feels like a permanent migraine aura and having been run over by a truck all at the same time.

• Posted

I know what you mean.... I always had a nagging pain in my head waiting for it to come on and I always feel achy and I walk slow everywhere its madness.

• Posted

Did you have them prior to perimenopause? Thank goodness it has subsided. I am terrified of them.

• Posted

Sally, what do you mean a permanent migraine aura? My vision has not been the same since I had one 8 months ago.

• Posted

I would get one every once and a while, often hormone related. Had one a year if I was lucky.... four while in labour with my youngest son. Every month in the last year. I find them terrifying as well. I lose half of my vision when they happen. I haven't had one since October thank goodness.

• Posted

I had one migraine as a teenager and then nothing until I hit perimenopause.

• Posted

My vision is always odd as if I am looking through someone elses glasses.

• Posted

This is me through and through.... achy all the time. I was worse a few years ago when I had my son (older mum) and would literally have trouble walking. My feet were so sore. I would walk like I was 80. Now I have general aching all the time. My cycle is also 23 days now and only goes for 3 days. I just wish it would all end now.

• Posted

Yes my cycle is exactly the same as yours and I struggle to walk around and even being in bed seems to exhausting at times.

• Posted

I know what you mean. I even walk slow when out, I just can't go any faster

• Posted

iv also had this now for 5 months and iam peri wake up every morning like iv not slept aching like an old woman and have extreme sinus problems just feel total crap all the time and along with peri anxiety hot sweats and all the rest of the symptoms menopause brings this is not a fun time of life but were all on here to support each other and hopefully one day we wake up feeling like new women so big hugs to all xx

• Posted

I hope so - I question what is wrong with me so much of the time and struggle to get out of bed xx

• Posted

Dear sally

Im four years post meno but I remember having this symptom, it was quite a vague feeling of flu which came and went, unfortunately it was one of many symptoms i have experienced but hang in there it does get better!

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement. Yes it usually does come and go, but this month it has been pretty constant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.