Feeling like I can't breathe

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am tapered down to 1.25mg and can't seem to get off this horrible drug. Every time I try to stop I feel like I can't breathe and nausea is horrific. Anyone else have similar withdrawals?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When you say you feel like you can’t breath...  I’m wondering because my mom was on Zyprexa, they took her off when she’s was hospitalized for diabetic ketoacidosis. While on the hospital, she had a cardiac arrest. I suspect from the cold turkey withdrawal off Zyprexa.  Is that possible?

Then they put her on Latuda.  Later, when I was weaning her off the latuda, she’s seemed to have no side effects, but shortly after, developed severe A-fib. So her breathing was really difficult and she was on oxygen for quite a while.  I know we’re talking about Zyprexa here, but could Latuda causeA-fib?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.