Feeling like I’m dying; no one understands

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi! I came on here tonight because I just finished a third day in a row of being in bed, so sick I feel like I'm dying. I have terrible sleeps, terrible nausea, stomach troubles, anxiety, etc. The last three days, my muscles have been so weak, I can barely move. And at the same time, it feels like they're buzzing with electricity. This forum helps me cope. No one understands this experience like you ladies, and I feel judged by my female friends who are having an easier time and who think this is all in my head. I get really distressed when I have days like this, and my friends think I'm overreacting. It's a time in life when women need to support each other, which is why this forum is great. So thankful for it.

5 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Cindy, I absolutely understand! I had a period of time a couple of years ago where I was in bed for a few months it was so bad. It still is, but I am trying to get though one day at a time. It isn't easy when you are so anxious and feel so bad all the time! For some it is easy, and for others, like us, it is life sucking. I wish more people and doctors were understanding, but please know there are so many ladies on here who know exactly what you are going through. We are hear for you!! Sending you a big virtual hug!

• Posted

It is absolutely the most challenging thing to face. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I get so discouraged about this.

• Edited

I know exactly what you are going through. I had went to the doctor after missing 2 periods and having every symptom in the book pointing to menopause. she did a hormone test and it showed post menopausal levels. She gave me hormone therapy but I did not take it because of the increase in risk of breast cancer. My grandmother died of breast cancer so i didn't want to increase my chances. i am right near my 3 month mark of not having my period and this morning my period started. Now they want to do a biopsy on my cervix and the lining of my uterus. I cry all the time. Like you I just feel alone in this, like no one understands. I stay depressed with very high anxiety, hot flashes, night sweats, joint pain, sleep problems, vaginal dryness, memory lapse, and crying all the time. I wish there was an end to this. Now i have to start over counting up 12 months until i can officially be through menopause. This is what really has me upset, the fact that i was almost 3 months in only to start over counting. My heart goes out to you and my prayers. This is not easy and you are not alone. I'm right here with you going through the same thing. Im so glad I found this community.

• Edited

Thank you! Same thing happened to me! I was 121 days in then bleeding started. I too had to have a biopsy on my cervix. I'm now 165 days without a period. But have been sick more often than not these last five months. It's hard. So thankful for the women on here. Whenever I'm close to losing my marbles, I come on here, and at least feel a little better.

• Edited

That's because I totally get it, and I get you! Any woman who gets through this should get a survival medal! This is no joke! You have to be super tough and strong to persevere. Rest assured, though, it will definitely be worth it in the end! Just remember that you are a star:)

Hugs,

B xo

• Edited

Hello Cindy I feel for you so much it's such a nightmare the mind is so powerful .We must all help each other .I am 61 postmenopausal and feel rubbish at times I have Health Anxiety and live in fear that I have something serious wrong with me x I have stomach problems upset windy and make terrible noises I never stop feeling tearful or low .No one understands my friends just seem to cope and I can't talk to them as I feel so stupid but I am trapped in my own head .Thank god for this forum . We must help each other x Take care please ..

• Edited

i know how you feel,honestly i wanna die.I can't rake these symptoms i have ..They have gotten worse over the years I'm 56 now,and don't wanna do anything..My mental state is bad my body is breaking down.My Dr won't do anything so I feel my days are numbered!!!

• Edited

Cindy,

I understand, wholeheartedly! You are NOT alone; this I guarantee! Yes, we are here to support you; know that you can come to this site to get answers, that's why I love this site. The women who post are NOT ashamed of what they are going through; you will get thee raw, UNADULTERATED truth regarding what I deem a friggin' TSUNAMI @ any stage! Make sure, you are hydrated, daily. Pray, take outdoor walks... and talk extensively to your doctor to find a feasible solution(s) to relieve or lessen your symptoms. Be well, my menopausal sistah!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.