feeling low

Posted , 8 users are following.

im on bisoprolo 5mg been on them for a while now feel low quite a lot and tearful does anyone else 

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane. Sorry you are feeling low. I've been on bisoprolol for abt 2yrs and after abt 8 weeks got very stiff in my joints and lethargic. After abt 6 months it's settled and just sometimes feel tired. I feel my symptoms more likely to be due to my heart disease than the drug. I think you should talk to your GP and go with their advice.

Good luck

• Posted

I was put on 1.25 mg of bisoprolol 18 days ago, it made me feel so unwell i came off them two days ago, today i,ve got missed heartbeats and pounding, i am hoping to see the doctor in the morning to see if i can try something else, i feel low because of the ordeal i,ve gone through since my svt attack on feb 4th which resulted in me being admitted to hospital, the biggest attack i,ve had so far. Its a very unpleasant condition and affects your life very badly.  I too have shed a few teaars over the past 3 weeks.   Sending my best wishes to a fellow sufferer
  • Posted

Hi Jane. I have been on bisoprolol now for about 6 weeks. Things are now settling down. When I first started talking it, I would wake up in a morning with my hands and feet feeling really cold.Also, I could not feel my legs. Wether this was due to what I am suffering, I don't know.

I feel much better now. I still now and again feel really sleepy.

• Posted

I have recently stopped taking bisoprolol. I was on bisoprolol for 2 months, started with 2.5mg increasing to 10mg. I felt so weak and low like something sucked the life out of me. At first I put it down to my poor health due to heart trouble. But then I became so depressed and suicidal. I told my partner that I wanted to die. We then told the GP that we think it is the cause and that I am stopping it. I've been off the drug for a 4 weeks now and I am feeling much better in my mind. My heart of course still needs treating. My GP said we will try a different drug in two weeks. 

• Posted

Sometimes I say to myself "I'm done"  I've never said that I wanted to die but I think about death.  Thank you for making me think more about how I'm really feeling.  

• Posted

Hi,  I was wondering if your GP has prescribed you a different drug yet?  If so, how is it making you feel and what are the side effects if any?  I've been taking Bisoprolol 10mg for a few years now and I can relate to the depression, tiredness and fatigue etc.  It's also made my feet and ankles swollen sad 

• Posted

Hi Jane,

I'm an emotionasl chap anyway, but since being on 5mgs Bis for just a week, my thoughts are romantic, tender, melancholy. I wonder if its ok to take an antidepressant with this drug?

• Posted

OMG all I can say is yes. I have been on 5mg bisoprolol for about 2 months.  It was added to a blood pressure med.  Among other side effects, I thought my mood swing was about me and my current situation.  I have had it in the back of my mind, why am I feeling sad/low, if the ant fell off the table I might get a lump in my throat and feel really bad for him. I am exaggerating about the ant but it's small things that get me teary eyed.  I have reported other things that I feel have changed my life due to bisoprolol including weight gain.  I was due for a hip replacement but my blood pressure was too high. Bisoprolol was added on.  In the last 4 years I've been on several different BP meds.  They have only had either annoying side effects, horrible side effects or no side effects with no difference in my blood pressure.  I really want my hip done so I will keep taking the beta blocker until I get the hip.  I have told my doctor about other side effects and well . . . he didn't seem worried about them.  He did suggest I drop the beta blocker but as I said, I'll stay on it.  I've also gained weight, have you? I also have what I call flashes of happiness.  I'm sorry you're feeling low.  It's not fun.

• Posted

I also get those 'flashes of happiness'. I get the same thing when I'm on Mirtazapine. I used to call them 'Mirtazapine moments'.

Weird. But mostly, Bisoprolol just makes me too tired.  Even on 2.5 mgs a day!

• Posted

Goodness, is this something else to blame on Bisoprolol?

I have already reprted on it making me feel like an old man/ a drunk zombie, and that my lungs no longer work. But when I came out of five days in hospital due to a sustained attack of VT, and found my child abuse "parents" had gotten the police to smash my front door in because I wasnt there to answer the phone, having been taken in as an emergency, I totally over reacted and nearly succeeded in commiting suicide, so a further four days were spent in hospital.

I am now waiting to die from sheer sadness, but though I have every excuse to be deppressed, I am now wondering if Bisoprolol has exasperated the situation?

• Posted

Sorry to hear all that Peter. /maybe change to atenolol?

I was put on Bisoprolol after SVT which converted to AF after a tripple dose of the dreadful Adenosine.

I find that 5mgs makes me very sleepy and tired with a resting HR of <45. But it gives me brief moments of euphoria, and I feel less depressed. Strange drug, how old is it?

• Posted

Peter i had a bad childhood and have suffered with depression on and off for years, added health problems  like svt and missed heartbeats which we have, i,m on bisoprolol also, just add to all the sadness in our minds which counselling does not help.  Its there in your mind forever and has happened and theres nothing they can do to change it.  I know how you feel, everyday i push myself to go out, this bisoprolol has silenced my heart but the side effects aren,t good to live with.  i try to fill my day with anything i can to keep my mind alert to life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.