Feeling low

Posted , 12 users are following.

hey all!

im 35 years old and not even married or found someone and yet iv been dianognesd with LS, suffering from health anxiety .. whos gonna want me now.. feel like my life is over before its even began.

how old were you all when u were diagnosed.. how long has it been since having it..

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I was 48 when I was diagnosed with LS. Its not the end of your life. Its annoying to think you're stuck with it and its uncomfortable when it flares up but its not the end of the world. Get a prescribed steroid cream to apply during flare ups. Wear only cotton underwear, don't use anything scented in the bath or for washing. Use soap free washing gels or bars and don't wear clothing that is too tight. That all helps and came from my GP.

• Posted

Wicki - have you been able to avoid scarring and fusing? If so, how?

• Posted

hi...I have been following just what u said to do (as advised by my doctor) and it really does help...has been 3 years and I have not had a "flare up"...also use Estrace (who is a hormonal cream) to keep the area moist and make a "younger" vagina...everyone has to try something and find what works best for them..

• Posted

Still curious if you have any fusing or scarring Wicki!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.