Feeling low, frustrated and emotional

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am sorry to have a moan I just feel crap, I found out I had ckd almost 8yrs ago i was 28% then and stayed that was for over 5 years then dropped to 21% and within 8 months from that I was at 12%, then 10% 3 months after that but stayed at 10% for a year (which is so frustrating because you dont get dialysis at 10% you just struggle everyday... I am now at 9%, I dont know my creatinine or urea because my last 2 lots of blood results havent gone on my patient view which I am not sure why but thats annoying, I know my creatinine is about 600. I just feel awful and fed up of being like this!! I was told if I went down below 10% in april my dr would put my tube in ready for dialysis which weirdly made me happy because I am sorry ready for dialysis, I am praying it will help and make me feel awake and just feel a bit more myself again not feeling like a 90yr old ill person... im 30yrs old and have just had enough!! I go to get my bloods done monthly (I havent been told how often to go have my bloods done) and my pd team make me feel like I am some hypochondriac who should only have my bloods done before clinic which is every 3 months, I am not getting any help. I dont complain ever! even on my worst day I never moan or complain, I only go to the hospital once a month to have bloods done, My dietitian and Neph are so so nice and caring but I seen them once every 3 months.   

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Janine

I'm the same. 10 egr for a year now and pretty much over the whole thing. Wishing there was a cure but no, just more illness. Its very isolating don't you think.

I can't eat meat anymore cause it aggravates the illness. Couple if eggs is the protein source of choice now. Lots of water makes me feel better. And forcing myself to get out and about in fresh air and exercise. I also like to kid myself that there is an improvement just for my own psychological reasons.

You have every right to whinge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.