Feeling mehhhh

Posted , 7 users are following.

Went to see an endocronologist because docs refused to medicate because my TSH was under 10 even though it was 7.79. Endo said I should of been on meds years ago according to medical records. My antibodies were positive too? He started me on 25 mcg. Been increased to 50mcg. Felt a bit better but the last few weeks feeling worse. I've read on here that it happens because thyroid gets lazy etc. This makes me feel a bit better knowing that its normal to be feeling like this. The thing is.. I feel so lazy! I just about get up of a morning, I wish the days away because I feel slightly better as the day goes on. I am a qualified nurse but I can't apply for any jobs due to me being so tired all the time. I fantasize  about having energy and doing normal stuff. Its so out of character for me. I sit around all day, I'm anxious, down on myself and generally down in the dumps all the time. (Also out of character) I've put 2 stone on and turn down invitations. (Definitely not like me) People think I've gone off them. I've been on a Gluten and Dairy free diet for 2 weeks. I'm hoping my Thyroxine will be increased when I go in 2 weeks. Does this sound normal. I'm boring myself when I tell my husband how bad I feel. I use to be so lively, slim, happy, full of life and now I feel awful. Sorry for the depressing post. I suppose I just wanted some reassurance that things will get better. 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all so much for the replies and brilliant advice. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in my symptoms. I've just made myself go for a walk, I didn't want to but I did anyway and feel so much better. It's surprising how much it's lifted me to be honest. Thanks again very much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.