Feeling nauseous with stomach pain, sore shoulders and headaches

Posted , 17 users are following.

I am new to this and really hoping someone can help.  I will be 49 after Christmas and the whole of this year seems to have been taken up with doctors' appointments.  My bleeding got to the stage I had to have an endometrial ablation three weeks ago.

I am constantly nauseous with stomach pain and now headaches as well.

I have seen so many doctors who really aren't helping all that much.  I have sore shoulders and elbows and fingers.  My nausea I think is the worst.  I have the odd hot flush and also tingling in my face.  I think I am going mad.  Apparently I have gastritis but the tablets really don't seem to be helping that much.

I actually feel like I am constantly taking the flu.

I have seen a rheumatologist as I thought I had fibromyalgia - NOT, a gynaecologist who did the surgery, had x-rays of neck and shoulders.  I am starting to wonder could anyone possibly feel this bad with hormones?  Have I some dreadful illness that no-one has recognised?

Also I have had all bloods done which showed up nothing apart from the fact I have excellent cholesterol!

I would so appreciate anyone's help and similar experiences.

Thanks so much

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Joanna,

I'm 52 and also in the peri menopause, my story is very much like yours down to the gastritis. The gastritis is probably caused by your hormones: low estrogen levels encourage high cortisol which messes up your digestive system. I've gotten mine under control and the pain is 98% better. Basically I've changed my diet and take supplements like a lot of women on here (see other replies). My diet is vegetables, white meat and veg...yes that's it! No grains, no dairy, no alcohol, it's hard but it works particularly for the shoulder pain. Medication for gastritis eventually begins to cause the acidity so it's a vicious circle. if you give your stomach a break from that  acidity you'll heal it. Good luck!   

• Posted

Sox in delay in replying but my email crashed however I see you have had tonnes of support in the meantime. You are not alone and not going insane as we sufferers often tend to think. Keep strong and remember you have people who understand on here. Good luck Hun. 
  • Posted

Hi Joanna

The good news is, you found this website!  As I did earlier this year.  My main problem are the aches & pains in head, neck, shoulders, elbows, hands thumbs, fingers....the list goes on, and pains travel around my body.  Often feel like you are coming down with flu etc.

Along with supplements i found discussed on here, plus the magnet, I find the most benefit I get is from Accupuncture, I can recommend it for balancing the hormones.  I was very sceptical about alternative treatments (as a trained nurse), but have to admit, I can't do without it now to try to ease symptoms.  They haven't gone, but are much reduced.

The best thing about this website is you know you are not alone.

Good luck with your symptoms.

Viv

• Posted

Hi again everyone

My latest "fixation" is with weird tingling around my eyes and down one side of my face.  It doesn't last long but also my ear feels as if I have been to the dentist and the anaesthetic is sort of wearing off.  Does anyone else get this? 

Thanks again

Joanna

• Posted

Make sure you get a full blood workup test, many times only limited blood test are performed. it seems doctors perform the most common blood test and ignore the more uncommon test. i had blood test for the last 7 years only to find no answer for my problem. i began to read medical testing books and discovered that my magnesium was never included in any test because it was rare to find some one low. i ask to have my magnesium tested and the report was i was below min requirements of magnesium. my doctor was shocked, i am feeling much better than what i was. another issue is do more research on the foods you eat and where they come from, to many toxins in imported food these days and it can make you sick also.

• Posted

Joanna ~

I totally understand the deep concern!...

I've been going through this intensely for several months and frankly, very frightened of what lay in my future!

Your blog has answered some questions and settled me somewhat.

I've had an unsuccessful double discectomy in '06, and C6 & 7 never fused ~ along with my fibro & arthritis, I get fibro knots on my collarbone very near C6 &7, (there is a constant knot the size of an egg) deep, near the bone...Always causing pain (24/7), then when it swells and begins to spasm, I nearly lose my mind. I never stopped to think that Hormones could be a culprit!!!!

You have brought a big relief to my mind!!!! Thank You so much for sharing, and God Bless You as you deal with this on a daily basis.

No one knows our pain, I'll be thinking of my 'friends' here and praying for a short duration of this pain, and please do so for me.

Thanks Again!

• Posted

Hi Joanne

Thank you so much for your post. I'm 43 and peri menopausal. I have gain 40 pounds, lost part of my hair and have constant knee, foot, shoulder and back pain not to mention headaches and nausea. I will purchase some B vitamins tomorrow. I also heard black cohosh is good for the hot flashes. I actually thought I was going crazy and I guess my husband did too. I pray this works for me. Again thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.