Feeling off balance, Dizziness

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been dealing with an off balance feeling for about 9 months now. I've gotten several tests done including audiologist test, Ct scan, blood work done, dentist, eye doctor. Everything comes back normal and doctors just keep saying it's anxiety. My symptoms include feeling off balance (like I'm going to fall over, or my feet don't feel steady) hard time focusing on things, dizziness, face feels stiff inside, eyes feel tired, sleepy(after sleeping 8 or more hours) hands and legs feel shaky. Please, if anyone could please confirm that this is anxiety and give me a piece of mind. Sometimes I think it's something nurological but I've seen 2 Nurologist and they both have said ANXITY. Please tell me I'm not going crazy!! On a side note, these symptoms are not always the same each day, they always vary and change. If it isn't one things, it's another. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi Jasmin, not sure about this but I suffered this kind of symptom at the onset of an auto immune disorder. I did have other symptoms....tummy problems diagnosed as IBS and then developed other symptoms after the onset of the vertigo. No one could explain my symptoms and all tests came back clear. I am not sure what to suggest. There are ways of ruling these issues in or out but not always easy as tests often come back clear. But there can be some evidence in blood tests - raised esr/crp positive ana are all things to look out for. Also just be aware of the development of any other symptoms along the way which may seem unconnected. My symptoms were so random and developed slowly over time. Shortness of breath, ear pain and fullness, then some skin issues (really bad hives). The symptom list just went on and on developing with no one suggesting anything useful. Kept getting the anxiety thing which I knew was rubbish. Sometimes docs can convince you that you are actually anxious when you're not! 

• Posted

Thank you Margaret for your input. I've actually gotten all those blood tests done and Thank God they all have been okay too. I had mentioned that to a doctors but I believe after feeling this sort of way for almost a year now, my blood work would have shown something off already. Thanks again and God bless you. 

• Posted

hi Jasmin, just a word of caution, my bloodwork was just completely normal and I have very active disease. It is not always that straightforward sadly. I hope it's not that but not sure you can rule it out on that alone. Sometimes it is symptoms which bring a diagnosis rather than lab work. Sorry if that is upsetting for you but it's not a clear cut process. Hope you find answers. Take care. x

• Posted

HelloJasmin. Icould have written your post myself as I suffer with every one of your symptoms and trust me it is anxiety.  I suggest you post this in the anxiety disorders forum and I will almost guarantee you will get some feedback. Its a nightmare. Luv Lily x
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm almost sure it is too. It all started right after I had my son. Almost like a postpartum depression/ anxiety thing. Best wishes! 

• Posted

Hi Jasmin,

I also have imbalance dizziness.  There are several things that can cause this. Have you visited with an ear nose and throat Dr (ENT).  Do you have any other symptoms?  Anxiety is defiantly a possible cause.   

• Posted

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I have not. That's my next step. Although I've been to several doctors and none with refer me to an ENT although I've told me that there are times where I feel like my ears pop and I have some sinus pressure. My head feels stuffed sometimes too, like congestion. I noticed this started right after a really bad tooth absense that I took care of already. That's why in the beginning of all this, doctores thought it was labyrinth but after several antibiotics the dizziness didn't go away, and still hasn't. I'm just really starting to believe it's anxiety since I've talked to several people about this. 

• Posted

At a push I can see anxiety causing dizziness but can't see it causing sinus issues to be honest.

• Posted

I agree with you. Either it's something linked to that or it's something totally different. More to add onto my plate. Goodness!! 😞

• Posted

I really didn't explain my self very well in the last post. Lol 

I just feel like I really need to visit an ENT just for an extra opinion. 

• Posted

Hi Jasmin. I think you do need to get another opinion. You may obviously have something completely different but my journey began with those symptoms...dizziness, chronic sinus problems, fullness in the ears, fatigue. I began my journey with ent who could add nothing really. I ended up with an immunologist who finally diagnosed me. Be prepared to get no answers to this.

I hope things change and you begin to feel better x

• Posted

Thank you for your feedback. I will continue to put my faith in Jesus Christ. 
    • Posted

Margaret,

So what was your exact final diagnosis; What was causing all your symptoms??? Thanks

• Posted

I have a form of vasculitis of which there are several with overlapping but slightly different symptoms. Neuro type issues like this are common to all if them if they affect the central nervous system as mine did. Look at Lupus Sjogren's Behcet's or Wegener's. There are others others too. All of them can cause neurological type issues as well as other symptoms.

• Posted

Hi jasmin i have the same symptoms since 20 years. We can share our symtoms on email if you want.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.