Feeling off balance.. Wierd head sensations and spinning and falling feeling...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got a complete checkup 2 months ago with a full bloodwork and EKG and saw a couple doctors and they said I have anxiety.. My symptoms were..

Head pressure

Brain fog and Lightheadedmess

Racing heart and palpitations

Numbness

Severe muscle tension

Recently I've begin to feel off balance when walking and vertigo like symptoms.. Like my head feels like it's spinning or when I lay down I feel like I'm falling... It comes and goes but now it's starting to happen a lot more.

I've seen thru research these are common anxiety symptoms.. But what can you do to prevent this? I already do a lot of meditation and breathing exercises..

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Forgot to mention MRI was done no problems with any of the tests...

Could this be caused by the head pressure and muscle tension?

• Posted

Does the room spin when you get in/out of bed, or when you turn over in bed? It could well be BPPV or Labyrinthitis........both cause anxiety.  Read up on these two conditions, and also vestibular disorders
    • Posted

I do have ringing ears and sensitivity to light .. But it's just a minor spin .. It happens randomly

• Posted

Ok, but the ringing in the ears (tinnitus) is another symptom of the conditions I told you about. I had BPPV last year and just had labyrinthitis
    • Posted

I went to the ER for it. The doctor blew it off and said its just a virus or I'm getting sick. I did research they said head pressure from muscle tension causes migraines and ringing ears and sensitivity to light. So I'm not sure but I will tell a different doctor

• Posted

You mean, could the MRI have caused these symptoms?

No.

I would wait for more experienced people to advise you on other methods of controlling anxiety. I'm sure many people will soon.    love T

• Posted

Do you see a Dr. regulary?  Is all your blood work normal?

I see that you mentioned the MRI was normal..on brain I assume?

If all the answers are yes to these questions than it is probably anxiety.

I have alot of these symptoms as well and I'm sick of complaining about them because no one believes me or thinks I am a drama queen.

And MRI was ABNORMAL...but they don't know why.

• Posted

Yes they did a full blood work / MRI / EKG all normal they said. Went to the ER twice and seem 2 doctors.
    • Posted

Well that is GOOD NEWS.

Heat...realize that anxiety is a REAL issue and it can be debilitating.

sad

I know that anxiety is over used by some people as an excuse for many things...and I think that is why people don't take it seriously.

But it is SERIOUS and it can cause alot of health issues.

• Posted

LOL...yea,,,,thanks.

I was busy typing..and I stopped for this?

LOL

• Posted

Terrible waste of time when you could have been eating malt loaf.
  • Posted

Are you female or male? Because this sounds very much like all my issues and I've overcome them. But I am female, and it's related to my cycle.

• Posted

I'm a male 24 years old

All my tests came out normal

• Posted

I agree with the couple of doctors who told you this is anxiety. Why would you not believe two doctors and tests that come back fine?  What I am reading, dear Heat, as you may know by now, are some of the many manifestations of anxiety disorder.

The very first thing I would do, (actually it WAS the first thing I did) is see a doctor who will prescribe an anti anxiety med to get evened out and calm. Reading through these posts will remind you of all the possibilities open to help yourself.

How much exercise are you getting, and are you fully hydrated? Both are very important...especially the hydration...One half your body weight in ounces of liquid a day....mostly water. Dehydration will cause a lot of problems.

• Posted

New symptoms completely appeared so that's why I'm posting. I don't exercise because I get way too anxious but all I drink is water. But I will get back with a doctor soon thank you all

• Posted

Yes do get back to your doctor. As I've said, you could well have a vertigo disorder too

• Posted

I knew you would do the right thing, Heat. Nice to talk to you again. I think you will find that new (different) symptoms pop up. Remember, that's what anxiety does...or tries to do....distract us and take over again. Hugs to you Honey

• Posted

It's good to hear from you again how is the medicine helping you so far has it kicked in yet? I'm not sure if your on SSRIs or benzos

• Posted

Not sure which you are referring to. The clonidine patch ( a parasympathomimetic drug)   is still doing well for the anxiety, and I don't start the Holvarti until next Monday. I also use temazepam for sleep, but need to change that...not doing it anymore. Thanks for asking, Heat. Sending a big hug.

• Posted

Wow interesting I've never heard of patches for anxiety. What are your symptoms like? In the past I've used SSRIs and anti depressants but I've never heard about patches. I'll ask my doctor about them.

• Posted

The clonidine patch is used for anxiety AND high blood pressure. It would only be prescribed with normal blood pressure with very, very close monitoring, as i understand it. Look at the type of drug that I wrote..that may be what you want to ask your doctor about.

As to symptoms, lots of the usual but very light and mostly pretty easy to handle. Breathing fully is the most common challenge. Oh, and digestive stuff. For that I use colostrum.

• Posted

yea clonidine lowers blood pressure...and I'm surprised anyone would give anyone a patch with normal blood pressure.

I was in the hospital and very anxious...and the Nurses computer screen said NOT to administer this med if my blood pressure was something (I don't remember)...I"M the one who pointed out to her that my blood pressure fell below that range because I had just had it taken by another Nurse in the hospital.

Very dangerous...drug....I wouldn't want that patch.

• Posted

Sorry I wasn't clearer. You are right normal blood pressure would never get the patch. The pill is very much used by psychiatrists for anxiety/depression....and if normal blood pressure...monitored very closely, by the patient and the doctor.

• Posted

Missy, Heat, whom I have chatted with often in the past,  asked me about my meds and I answered him with appropriate warning. I did not tell him to check out clonidine, but I did say he could check out the type of drug it is..parasympathomimetic...those include lexapro, prozac, paxil, and others...these are the newest with the least side effects.

Somehow my response to heats question about my own health got miss interpreted. If you go back and read all of it, you will see what I mean.And I do have high blood pressure!!  i never suggested you should take anything, darlin'.

• Posted

hi wink

I never said you suggested anyone to take anything.

no worries.....i just saw the chatter about this patch and the poster being interested...I am just saying I (capital) would not take this medication for anxiety....it is not an anxiety medication...it a blood pressure medication.

• Posted

True, but docs have recently figured out that a lot of meds for high BP work well for anxiety as well. Yes, I'm still awake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.