Feeling quite stupid

Posted , 9 users are following.

I decided to go out on my front porch to get some fresh air, big mistake. Did fine going out, but coming back in was a different story. I caught one of my crutches and down I went. I skinned the knee on my good leg and got a bump on my head, but most of all I hurt my pride. I was so angry and disappointed in myself that I cried. I hate this! I hate feeling needy and not in control of my own life.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I sympathise with you Leelee, don't feel stupid mate, it's natural to feel depressed and wanting to get fresh air and see something other than 4 walls constantly. I regularly got angry with myself, dropping a towel on the floor and unable to pick it up. I hated myself and my situation, your mobility will improve with time. Hope your injuries improve quickly. This is a tough time for us all, no consultant told me about the depression and other factors, or I would not have agreed to surgery initially. The swelling is still present 24/7 but is worse after 10 hours at work, the swelling can take up to 12 months from surgery to reduce, again, I wasn't told this at time of consultation for surgery. My doctor is amazed that after 3 months I'm not fully recovered....... Retard! Just what planet are these people on
    • Posted

They don't have a clue, they just see broken bones. They don't understand what it does to the rest of you. I feel so bad that you had to rush back to work, it isn't fair.
  • Posted

Hope your ok. 

I also had a fall using crutches, wanted to fling them straight through my window. I point blank said wouldn't use them again. The physiotherapist was on my case and said had to use them as Zimmer frame wasn't helping to get me walking again. Well I have waited till leg and ankle is much stronger and I feel more balanced. I have only just mastered my two front steps, previously sat down and shuffled in and out on my bum, hoping no neighbours weren't watching. (Pride or vanity)

Just think of what you have achieved, do things in a way that keep you safe. 

Keep thinking positive, things will improve. 

• Posted

I like the idea of scooting in and out, much safer. I was so mad when I fell, it is so frustrating.
    • Posted

At least no serious harm done. Just leave trying to get in and out til your more steadier on your feet. I came back from one hospital appointment and stood at front door wondering how to get back in. Luckily a young neighbour saw my predicament and came and picked me up and carried me over the steps. Wish I had in on video- Young strong man! Didn't even got carried over threshold when got married.

You will get there just leave getting in and out on feet till a later date, what more important is for now doing it safely😀

• Posted

That was really nice of him. There are still good people out there.

I think this is God's way of teaching me to be more patient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.