Feeling really low

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi all

Me again....just 9 weeks post op today ....RTKR ...was doing well overall ....then had a major life event 4 weeks post op when my Mum died...feel really flat at the mo....just struggling....my knee is coming on ...slowly I feel....but it takes all my strength and will to do my exercises twice daily....I'm back in the gym a few days a week...have to make myself go...just back into the pool...my knee is straight....not sure about bend but it's over 90....still very stiff...and painful at times..I'm experiencing some different pain like calve pain, pain at back of knee when walking..which bothers me......am I really unrealistic to think I'd be better by now....further on....but my iron is really low, I've no energy and my mood is v flat....maybe it's just grief too that has me feeling so awful....I'm supposed to be getting ready to go back to work but I'm not ready yet.....physically and mentally.....thanks for listening...

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Firstly thank you all for your supportive comments. I know I just need to be more patient with myself and my recovery...it's early enough days in the big scheme of things...in answer to various questions, I can take more time off work but it will be on half pay as i have used up my paid leave...I'll take it week by week and see how I am....for now next week is week 10 so I'll take it off and see ...I'm continuing to do my exercises and gradually build my strength, stamina and muscles.....I have great friends but i feel very alone a lot of the time...my manager and work colleagues are amazing and very supportive and want me to be fully well before i return.....it's just me really that's hard on myself and feels i should be back to work by now...even though all of you plus my consultant and GP say i need 12 weeks at least! ...i know i need the extra time .AGAIN....thanks ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.