Feeling scared

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this site but just wanted to know if anyone has had constant bleeding I'm 51 and always had no probs with my periods but I had a couple of months without seeing anything then spotting then flooding with no sign of stopping been to docs and he gave me tabs to stop so I can have an internal next week I'm scared to death it's going to be bad news as anyone else been threw this x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't think there is nothing to worry about you might be lucky and your period will stop early that's what happened to my sister so try not to worry until you get tested.

• Posted

Thank you rose for your reply just don't no what to expect feeling low with dull ache in left side bad headaches mood swings bad back had enough now but just worried because of the bleeding and large clots x

• Posted

Hi Rose this happened to me when I was getting ready to be done I had huge clots coming away so big I could feel them come out and I hated going out as I always totally flooded everything and had to Carry extra underwear etc with me just in case I needed them and it scared me but my examination showed everything to be fine ....it is quite normal to bleed heavy with the clots I was

51 when it finally stopped for me ...I'm sure your exam will be fine

• Posted

How long did the flooding cycles last? I am 51 and have been doing this for 11 months. I have had to stop exercising, I've developed anxiety and hate to go out of the house. I make myself do it but usually feel anxious. My cramps have gotten horrid as well. The last few cycles have been 40 days apart, lighter (a river rather than a flood) and then spotting/light bleeding for a few more weeks.

• Posted

I had the flooding on and off for a couple of years and I also have dealt with terrible anxiety which is not as bad now but still flares up now and again especially health anxiety.I used to hate going out too but also had to force myself to go the anxiety will keep you locked away inside your home if you let it. My cramping was so bad sometimes I could cry that's when I wasn't crying from the menopause ...for a while I was a mess and even now am going through some of it again..but just try to tell myself that it's gonna pass although sometimes it doesn't feel like it will ...but in reality it will. I'm sure you are just fine but it doesn't hurt to get checked out then afterwards when it is happening you are able to tell yourself that you have been checked so it's okay it does help somewhat. I finished and had my last period just before I turned 52. Hope you get some relief from it soon (((HUGS)))

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response! I have had ultrasounds and an MRI and an uterine biopsy. I have fibroids in my uterus and two on my cervix. The largest fibroid is 4.3 cm. I've known about the fibroids for years but the symptoms just started last Nov. it is hard to know if it's the hormones from peri or the fibroids! Or both! I know my hormones are very crazy, as are my cycles. I pray every day for the periods to end! Maybe 52 will be my lucky number too. Thanks so much for the support!!!

• Posted

I understand your frustration with the combination of peri and fibroids!  I was diagnosed with a 6.7 fibroid.  I'm having peri symptoms, but my doctor swears I'm not there yet because my cycles are still regular.  For the last month I've had bleeding pretty much non-stop.  It began mid-cycle last month, then a particularly heavy period, then some darker spotting for several days.  This morning I woke to red blood again.  UGH!  I hope you're near the end!  I'm only 44, so I'm praying I don't have to wait until early fifties for this to stop.  

• Posted

Yes this journey is awful but there's no way but through it unfortunately I hope you get some relief from it soon ...(((hugs)))

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this too! Im looking into treatment for my fibroids but none of them sound very fun!

• Posted

I have a friend that has been bleeding for 5 months and more with just stopping for maybe a day or so and right back at it for 3 months she had NON stop bleeding day or night. Now she stops for maybe a week not more than two and right back bleeding. I ask her when she going to get check her reply is I dont know. She thinks its just peri getting closer to meno she is 57 years old come Nov. Ususaly she just stops for a few days only. She says it is really heavy and dosent bther her at all. She has NOT been to have her femal stuff checked in over 10 years. I think in peri your bleeding can carry on like that. 
  • Posted

Hi, I have been going through this since July. Constant bleeding except for a break for 8 days. It worries me too. Doctor appt this week.
    • Posted

Thanks! I'll let you know. I'm going Friday. Good luck to you, I hope you get great news and feel better soon!

• Posted

Fingers x didn't have a good night up at six feeling sick ache in left side I think it's because I'm worrying ??Good luck for Friday x

• Posted

I am going through exactly what you describe! Last week at work was absolutely awful and it's starting to feel like there's no end in sight. The flooding and clots are beyond awful! Now today, it's the 8th day and I've got severe cramps and super heavy flow that makes me feel like I should just go sit on a toilet somewhere and forget everything else! I just feel TERRIBLE!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.