Feeling sick everyday. is this normal?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Almost time for my ultrasound and as much as I am looking forward to it I can't help but be worried about my body as my symptoms get worse. Aside from losing a LOT of weight, the nausea, breathlessness, and gassy feeling I get everyday all day is really worrying me. Is it normal for gallbladder sufferers to be this sick each and everyday? The only reprieve I get is when I go to sleep but the minute I wake up the symptoms above plus a dull ache on my right abdomen hits me with the full force of a gale wind. Please help. Has this happened to anybody else?

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tamsyn,

Good luck for your scan.

Let us know how you get on.

I have similar pains upon waking on my right side. But still no firm diagnosis as all my scans are clear!

I hope your scan will show your gallbladder or stone so you can quickly move forward with treatment.

All the best,

Gem

• Posted

thanks. Have you requested a HIDA scan or MRI? If all else fails those should work.
    • Posted

Hi Gem

sorry to hear you are still waiting to find out what is causing your pain.I know how frighting that can be,once you know what it is you can see away through your pain and hopeful you too will find out what is causing your pain and away of treating it

all the best

keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

don't be afraid of your scan,I had a scan nearly 2 weeks ago and was told that I have gallstones.I was relived to find this as I now know why I have been in so much pain and hopeful will be able to get the right treatment,seeig my gp tonight so hope to be more the wiser afterwoods.I also feel better when I'm a sleep and hate getting up in the morning knowing that I will be in pain,I use heat pads that I find help for a while.I also keep coming over hot and sweaty then feel cold afterwards.have been feeling sick and have started a low fat diet as was told this will help.I have found this site very helpful and reasuring as people on here know how I'm feeling.

good luck with your scan keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

I'm actually hoping that the scan would reveal something. My being unable to breathe and the constant pressure caused by the gassy feeling I keep getting just makes matters worse. I feel as if I'm dying but I know I'm not. And it just gets worse and worse...
    • Posted

Hi tamsyn

I know how you feelI had mu scan on the 31st March and the next day my doctor told me I had gallstones,it was such a relieve as I was being to think that they thought it was all in my mind as I suffer with depresion.I was really glad that it came back with something.I have just seen my gp and have a appointment for 27th April to see a surgeon about having my gallblader removed,I was told that having it removed may not take away the pain I am in,which I know from having joined this group can happen.I don't think the doctors know just how painful it can be having gs,have been given codine/paracetamol don't think they will be strong enough but what else can you do but take what they offer.I find it hard but I try to breath through the pain as I find tencing up makes it worse.not easy and dosent always work

I hope you scan helps them to treat your pain as not knowing what is doing it can be very frighting

take care and keep in tough

Pat

• Posted

I have those feelings at times. Just in a blink I get nauseated and weak.I had a bad pain in my right side and around to my back Wed.I may do this once a week. I hope your ultrasound will offer you some answers. Keep me posted!
  • Posted

HI , I  have had the same symptons as you , I have had a scan and a gastroscopy to find out the problem and yes it was gallstones , i am now waiting to have my gallbladder out on the 11th May , I really hope this reassures you and you soon start to feel better
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn

I am waiting to see a surgeon to discuse what treatment to have.my gp told me tonight that a gallblader removel may not take away my pain,were you told this.I know there are many for and against this op but I don't know what else they can do my gp never said,so I will just have to wait till thw 27th April to find out what other options there are.I just want the pain to go away so I can get on with the rest of my life with as little pain as possible.

take care and keep in touch,

hope all goes well for you

Pat

• Posted

HI PATRICIA, My GP told me the same but my consultant has reassured me as much as he can , I have been told that having my gallbladder removed is the best option to get rid of the pains , My Daughter had her gallbladder out last year she had been in terrible pain and was being sick allday for months she had , had colistacis in pregnancy twice and the consultant said that had caused her gallstones , when she had her gallbladder out she says it was painful for a couple of weeks and if she had too much fats she got terrible upset stomach and the runs but now she says it's the best thing she had done , she can eat and drink normally and no pain . Talk to your Consultant and tell him or her what your GP told you and see if they can help you decide but it will be your decision but you know how bad the pain can be . I hope you get the answers you need and soon feel better , I know I am having my gallbladder out because I cannot put up with the pain which I think is worse than labour pains , MAZx
    • Posted

Hi Maz

I too can no longer stand the pain and feel I will go for the op,your right when you say the pain is worse than labour pain at least after all the pain of labour you have something nice at the end and you know it isn't going to last for what seems like ever.with gs the pain can be a linger pain and then sometimes almost unbearable.did you wait very long for your surgeon to set a date for your op,I think they have to tell you that the pain may not go away to cover themselves.hope all goes well for you when you have your op and your pain stops

keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

HI PAT , I had my gastroscopy 3 weeks ago then week before i had my scan  so its about 6 weeks since i initially saw my consultant and i am booked in for the 11th May to have my gallbladder removed , I have been told i should be in for a day and overnight if i have a problem with anisthetic then i will be given pain relief to help through the first few days but at least I can see an end to the pain , as you know its unbearable when it comes along , I do have alot of trust in my Consultant as he is the same one my Daughter had for hers and he really took the time to talk me through what would happen and how , and he also told me once you start getting pain from gallstones it usually gets worse not better without the operation and I don't think it could get any worse , well i hope not . Please keep in touch and let me know how you are MAZ x
    • Posted

hi maz

thanks for the reasurence about the op.I just want my pain to go away,feeling really sick this morning may be I ate a bit late last night.I hope all goes well for you on 11th May.will keep in touch

take care

Pat

• Posted

Thanks so much Marilyn!! It's a real comfort hearing this from you. Some people say they have no breathing problems or pressure on the right side of the chest and others say they do. It's so confusing. Every evening when I go to sleep and every morning I wake up I dread the possibilities. I have already lost so much weight, I have taken a low fat diet. The ache on my right side is at most times not so bad but the breating problem is persistent. I'm concerned that I have developed a lot more than just a gallbladder problem. Anyways good luck with your op in May. Hope things work out well for you.

TA

• Posted

Hi

I would say it is normal to feel that way with gallbladder problems - I am hopefully nearing the end of this awful nightmare as I am due to have mine removed next Friday - nevertheless the pain grows worse every day, I feel blown up all the time, I feel constantly sick although I have not had any vomiting (but there is still time).  Also I feel poorlier on myself with each passing day and the pain also increases with each passing day - with regard to feeling poorly I'm not sure how much is gallbladder related and how much relates to the strong pain relief side effects.   Needless to say I can't wait for next Friday but now fearful that I am so poorly that the operation will be more risky - I really can't understand why they wait all this time to operate.  Also worried that it won't be successful as the surgeon said that 80% of people get relief or are cured with the surgery - the other 20% continue with the pain - trying to be positive but very frightened of being one of the 20% - as not sure how much more I could take.

Sincerely hope that your scan provides answers and puts you on the road to recovery.

• Posted

Thanks so much for all your kind words. I am sure everyone has anxieties about the op. I still have to have my scan and wait another 6 or 7 months for an operation if they do find something. It would be such a relief once it's all over. I truly hope for the best for all of you. Thanks so much for answering my question. It really puts me at ease.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

sorry to hear you are in so much pain but I know how you feel,I don't think the doctors really know how much pain gs are,that's why i find this site such a comfort as people know how you feel and how bad gs can make you feel.saw my gp and was told an op may not relieve my pain.going to see a surgeon on 27th April,like many of us on this site who can know longer deal with the pain an op sounds like a chance worth taking,I find I am fighten to eat too much,on a low fat diet in case it increases the pain.I asked my doctor for some strong pain relieve but as I'm on pain patches for my back (which have know effect on my gs pain)I was given codine/paracetamol which I have had before so don't hold out much hope that they will stop the pain.I am going to try and go back to work as it could be some time before anything happens unless I go private.

do hope your op stops your pain.

keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

Hi Pat

By the sound of things you are not far behind me having your op on the 27th and obviously facing the same uncertainty as myself - of not knowing how will cope if not successful in getting rid of this pain. I am telling myself it will be a success as it has to be, as cant live like this. A high percentage of people do get cured so with such severe and constant symptoms surely we have to be in that category. You are braver than me, in considering going back to work, I'm an emotional wreck - as well as a physical one, but I've told my manager that I'll be back on 5 May - if all goes to plan may well be.

My surgery is actually on my birthday - initially not happy but it would be the best birthday present ever getting rid of this pain.

Hope everything goes well for you on 27 and above all that it gets rid of the pain.

Best wished

Debbie

• Posted

hi Debbie

I'm seeing the surgeon on the 27th April to discuse my options,don't know how long it will be before I get the op done,feel as I'm in so much pain the sooner the better.I'm going back to work mainly because my gp didn't offer to put me on the sick,I've just wasted a weeks hoilday.I don't think the doctors really know how painful gs are.I hope where I work will be understanding as I work in a Nursing home for the elderly and do their laundry which is quite a heavey job and I work on my own.If things get to bad I will have to go back to gp but who knows how long I will have to wait for the op.I am hoping I don't have to wait too long.good luck with your op

keep in touch

take care

Pat

• Posted

Hi Pat,

Sorry I thought you were having your op on 27th - I bet you wish you were. I didn't give my gp the option over the sick note, just requested it and have been off work now 7 months, first time in my life I have ever found myself in this situation. I don't envy you trying to work in this situation as if you are anything like me, any movements, pulling, pushing seriously aggravate the pain, but I know there is the money side to think of and statutory sick pay doesn't go very far. Doctors don't seem to realise that patients have lives to live and jobs to do - yet they don't seem to try and move things forward at all, its just one big waiting game.

Hope that you don't have too long to wait once you have seen the doctor. If you find you cant work, just ask your gp for a note. I must admit I felt embarrassed the first few times and afraid they may say no but not had any problems there. Going on zMonday fir what I hope will be my last note or at the very worst next to last. Cant wait to get back to work - never thought I would say that, lol.

Wishing you all the best and please keep in touch.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie

yes I wish I was have my op rather that just having to wait to see the surgeon about it.Don't know how long I will have to wait for it after I've seen him.I f I can't work then I will have to ask for a sick note but work might take my mind off the pain will have to wait and see.

All the best with your op

will keep in touch

Pat

• Posted

Sick as I am I still go to work. I work as an English Tutor at two different Universities and it's exhausting but I can't live without money or food. I'm supporting myself and the rest of my family has even more major responsibilities so I cannot depend on them too often to help me. It's frustrating. My not being able to breathe each day is scaring me. The doctors don't seem too worried though assuring me that it's not my heart and that having breathlessness and heartburn due to gallstones is normal but I truly worry. What if I die leaving my family with nothing? What do we do then? I'm 27 but geez feel older.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.