Feeling so awful, going for scopes tomorrow

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 49 y/o female with a history of reflux, hiatal hernia, gastritis and had my gallbladder removed. Been on ppis since oct. Had my last endo 2 years ago. I've had some diarrhea and increase in hearburn attacks over the few months..sour stomach..the pains across my back and shoulder..etc.

About 3.5 weeks ago had a very bad attack of diarrhea and stomach upset and heartburn and I haven't been well since. I've lost weight, can't eat much, heartburn. I did have ct scans and some blood work which was clear. But over last 3 days the nausea has been awful, and am achey all over, it's terrible I'm barely functioning.

Thankfully I'm going for scopes tomorrow but feeling scared because I feel so poorly, having trouble sleeping and the not eating doesn't help either. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm glad everything turned out alright for you. How interesting..did they say what could have cause the yeast? Do you eat alot of breads, sugar, foods that promotes yeast?

• Posted

Thank you.He said we all have candida in our bodies, sometimes it gets into our system. I use a steroid inhaler for asthma which can do it. I also had major surgery last year and was on steroids for a long time which also can cause it as well, so there are a few reasons. It does explain why when I cut back on gluten I did feel a bit better though, less yeast which I will continue...thanks for all of your advice and help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.