Feeling sore

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had A&P repair done 16 weeks again, had a few up and downs along the way but on the whole things were going ok, that is until last week, I have started to feel sore underneath and quite uncomfortable and this morning have noticed a bit of blood, nothing major, not had a period since last February so hoping it's not that. 

Has anyone else expericaned this? I did call the consultants office yesterday but was told that I have now been discharged back to my dr, so would need to see him. 

Im now feeling very fed up and low 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You don't say how old you are kay. Could you be menopausal?
    • Posted

I'm 55 and yes I am menopausal, but it's the sore and dry feeling that's getting me down at the moment, no Drs appoints available until 19 February 
    • Posted

Sounds a bit like my doctors surgery. I suppose you could have an infection. Do you have one of those walk in centres in your area? You could always go to one of them if you do.
    • Posted

I have just been to call at 8 tomorrow and see if they can get me in, so will give that ago, had an infection 2 weeks ago so only finished those tablets last week, but that didn't make me feel like this, that was just a bit of a discharge. 
    • Posted

Hopefully you will get that appointment because February is too long to wait.
  • Posted

Hi Kay ! I'm only 7 weeks on but I'm sure I've read a similar post somewhere and it ended up being that the lady had an infection so maybe a chat with your GP would ease your worry xx
  • Posted

Your GP should set aside some free appointments for emergencies, and IF this is an infection - which I'm not saying it is, but you don't know and neither do they without looking at it, then you need to be seen, so I'd tell them it's urgent.  You should be seen within a day I THINK.  I know our GP's have a walk in clinic but it's not advertised ANYWHERE.  It's the biggest kept secret around, but if you ask the reception they should tell you if there's one there, or if not, where the nearest one is.
    • Posted

I think my dr has one on a Monday if all else fails I will try that on Monday morning 
  • Posted

Hi kay I'm 16 weeks post op for a@p repair, I've been bk at work 3 full weeks now and I'm struggling , I ache I had a very u comfortable night last night , im really considering going to my gp for another sick note
    • Posted

Hi Joan are you aching in the same area as I am?? 
    • Posted

I av alot of pressure feeling achy heavy if it makes sense, I don't think my prolapse is bk , I know I went bk to work too soon my job is very fast paste , and im tense witch isn't helping me ,
    • Posted

Yes I know what you mean, it's very hard to describe how you feel isn't it, 

im trying not to do anything silly but the biggest worry is that the prolasp is back and to be honest I've looked but no idea what I'm really looking for so that just makes things worse.

• Posted

Hi. Its really strange how things start up again months later. I had rectocele and vaginal vault repairs last June, all went really well and I was back to normal within 12 weeks. However, about two weeks ago I started to feel very sore inside, it almost feels like its burning - not all the time just now and then. I then had a bloody discharge and last week I went for a pee and there were stitches down the loo. ( some people say it cant have been stitches but I can assure you they were!). Discharge stopped now but still feel uncomfortable. Finally should be seeing nurse practitioner on Friday having had the surgery cancel two earlier appointments due to staff illness.

Maybe you have same sort of thing. Will post my results!

• Posted

Of course it can be stitches, they've just been sitting there and the area around where they have will be red and sore. It will get better I'm sure but a GP would have been better see you but that can't be helped if they are sick. 
    • Posted

Yes it does sound similar' burning throbbing feeling, I had at least one stitch that wouldn't go but I think that came out last week.
    • Posted

It's strange because some stitches come out after about 4-6 weeks others much much later. I have no idea when mine came out because I never saw them!
    • Posted

My surgeon told me I could expect them to come out for quite a few months ahead.
    • Posted

Yes that's right chris. I was disappointed I never saw mine at all!
    • Posted

I didn't either.  I thought I did, a night or two after the op, when I suddenly saw a blue thread, and panicked like mad, thinking I was falling apart, only to then discover it was a loose thread from a new nightdress I'd put on LOL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.