Feeling sore

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had A&P repair done 16 weeks again, had a few up and downs along the way but on the whole things were going ok, that is until last week, I have started to feel sore underneath and quite uncomfortable and this morning have noticed a bit of blood, nothing major, not had a period since last February so hoping it's not that. 

Has anyone else expericaned this? I did call the consultants office yesterday but was told that I have now been discharged back to my dr, so would need to see him. 

Im now feeling very fed up and low 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kay, I had a similar thing at 9 weeks and with me it was just a bit of vaginal dryness, I am post menopause. Have been using Ovestin cream once a week and the problem has gone away. Might be a good idea if you could have a chat with your GP. Hope it gets solved quickly for you, best of luck😀

• Posted

Just a quick follow up, managed to get into the Drs today as couldn't stand it any longer, turns out I have a bad infection, think she said looked like skin growing over where stitch was and that's got an infection (sure that's what she said but to be honest was more releived that it wasn't my prolaspe returning to didn't quite listen) anyway come away with a two week course of 2 different anti biotic, and hopefully things will start to feel better as I was at my wits end with the pain and discomfort today and felt like a good cry.
    • Posted

Oh that's great news that its not the prolapse ! You must be relieved. I know it's not great having an infection but hopefully after a few days of antibiotics you will start to feel so much better X
  • Posted

Went to see nurse today re my sore and burning patch inside vagina. She had a look and discovered a patch about the size of a 10 pence piece that is red raw and swollen. She thinks this is where the stiches fell out last week (after 7 months!!) and it is now granulated - which I understand means it is trying to over heal and creating too much tissue growth. She hopes it will heal up within next two weeks but if not it is back to hospital where they will probably cauterise it!! A procedure which sounds very painful so hope it goes on its own! 

Glad you are ok Kaye.

• Posted

Hi joolsB it sounds like we are both suffering from very similar things doesn't it 😂
    • Posted

Yes it does. But no antibiotics for me which I was a bit miffed about as they would have knocked any infection on the head. I shall be back at surgery next week if no better as not risking it getting worse. She told me to not have sex till it had healed! Doh! Like I needed telling that when it feels like someone has put a red hot poker up there!! 

Have a good weekend.

• Posted

Oh that made me laugh as if. 

I was lucky that I got to see a female Dr was was a locum for the week she was very understanding and said that the last lot of antibiotics I had for a week were not a long enough course for the infection, was surprised that I have 2 different lots but if they work that's great for me as even sitting is painful at the moment, so Sex is just a distant dream 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.