Feeling sorry for myself

Posted , 7 users are following.

I usually don't let my fibromyalgia get me down, however I have other medical problems with this and since a week before Christmas I have been virtually bed down, yet another festive period ruined by this illness. I hate being like this, I'm so fragile at the moment, my depression has got worse, I've been sleeping a lot during the day and awake most of the night, no matter how many times I've tried to get into a regular sleep pattern. Every bone and muscle in my body seems to ache even when I move slightly. I fear my family are not able to rely on me and that's what is making me so much more down, I'm just having a rant so I do apologise. I just wish that when I was in my 20's I had made more of my health and done more, however I had my kids early. I just wait for that one good day when I can actually do something. Sorry for prattling on. I know we are all suffering.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Trish. I'm Zoe. 41yrs old. Mum.

Ur message struck a chord with me. I completely get where ur at. It's horrible isn't it. Ur so knackered from not sleeping but when u do try the pain seems to wake u every 5 mins. Right now I've got early morning insomnia so I feel ready to sleep at 6 am. Sometimes I think u just have to go with it and let it be and then again sometimes fighting it is right. It's just learning when to accept and when u don't. Do u have adrenaline pumping when ur trying to sleep? It's a very hard illness for other people to get but it sounds like u have the love and support from ur family and I'm sure they want u to rest if that's what will help u. I realise how important it is to be able to talk about what ur feeling esp on a down day. I try to talk to my friends about it but unless they have experienced it through themselves or someone close people tend to not be able to grasp it. I have frI ends but only 1 I can really talk to about FMS but she has M.S so she gets it. That's where we all come in this website Coz we all understand on here. We know what it's like on a bad day. I have been diagnosed when I was 27 and I'm now 42 so as everyone else on here 2 has been through something similar. U will start to feel better. That will happen. Try not to fill ur head with negatives esp when trying to sleep but it is hard when u have adrenaline overload. I try to be kind to myself but it doesn't always work does it. U will find ways of coping and getting to know when to accept and when to fight. I guess I'm saying things will get better and this websites here to listen. It's better to say it all than hold it all in.

I'm sure anyone on here would listen and understand.

Hope things get better for u.

Zoe.x

• Posted

Thank you so much Zoe, this site is a godsend when your at your lowest, no matter what time I go to sleep, I'm up and down then eventually stay awake for crazy hours through the night, I think that the insomnia is a big part of how we all feel. If your not getting your sleep then your washed out the next day, and it goes on and on. I'm 49 and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for a lot of those years, I'd never wish it on my worst enemy, I relate to everything you've said, and yes you really do have to be fellow sufferers to really get each other, thanks for your reply, it helps so much. Big hugs to you xxxx

• Posted

Hi Trisha , I am deeply sorry to read your words about you.  A big part of what you feel is because you like to feel that way. Stop having this thoughts about you and start see the beauty of you. You are fragile because you believe you are fragil, you are everything you believe you are, so please start make some changes in your beliefs about you and everything will be fine. 
    • Posted

I must say though, I don't like feeling this way, there are so many other things going on that's it's hard sometimes to always be positive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.