Feeling spaced out and constantly tired dizziness and irritation

Posted , 69 users are following.

I've been feeling like this for the past 4/5 months now and I'm starting to loose hope I'm so worried that something is seriously wrong with me. It's hard

To describe how I'm feeling as a lot of people don't understand. It's like I can't focus on anything my mind is just constantly spaced out it's like a high/drunk sort of feeling which makes me feel dizzy and abit nauseous. I'm suffering with really bad tiredness with it I just want to sleep all the time I'm not interested in anything or motivated I just feel trapped in this little glass bubble wanting someone to smash it I want to wake up one day and feel normal. I'm also suffering from waking in the night from hot and cold sweats my blood pressure is fine but my pulse is abit too fast which I have been put on propanalol. I just can't focus and this feeling of being out of it is affecting my every day life and I would do anything for this to go. I'm so scared to go for scans and tests incase I have a really bad under lying health issue but everyone keeps telling me that it is related to mental health and that I will get better. I give birth to my LO 10 months ago now and I was told that birth can trigger many mental health issues and I've recently started taking sertraline 50mg for my depression and anxiety... someone please help me I feel like I'm never going to be myself again I just need this fog to clear and I just want to be able to wake up and live normally without struggling.

5 likes, 134 replies

134 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I getting foggy head but it does get better I'm on same meds it helps the heart racing go downand the clamy hands and feet it does make u a bit tired it suspose to make u more relaxed

• Posted

hi there im having the exact same problem its been going on for the last 3 months it started with sleeping problems and now i feel weak on my legs all the time constantly tired and feeling spaced out im on anti depressents but this feeling feels like it isnt gonna leave any time soon and its stopping me from leaving the house really stressing me out never felt like this before.

• Posted

Hi Mitchell google derealization, I have had same symptoms for 3 + years...
  • Posted

Hi. I know this was ages ago, but Did anyone else get their Vitamin D levels checked and how did you get on? I am feeling the exact same and think I might ask for this.
  • Edited

Hi Chanice

I feel the same way , brain fog , tired , spaced and I’m constantly dizzy. I don’t know what else to do either. Been on Prozac 7 weeks hoping it will eventually go away but it hasn’t happened yet. 

• Posted

Hello. My daughter would like to write: hi. After a year, has it gone? I am 12 years old and 2 weeks ago on the Friday before Monday, I started feeling very spaced out at school. I could not concentrate on anything anymore and I started getting really scared that there was something very wrong with me. This feeling continued up until 2-3 weeks later now. I still keep feeling very spaced out, like I’m not here and I can’t focus on anything. I’m also not motivated to do anything like eat, bother with homework (I normally do every bit of homework to the highest standard), go outside at lunch and break time or even go say hi and talk to my friends. Every time I remember I have this feeling, I start getting really anxious and scared that this will never go away and I will never wake up feeling normal. I get so scared that I just cry for ages sad. It’s very annoying. I have been to the doctor 2 times but they all do the same thing like “Are there any problems at home” no. “Do you get depression or anxiety” no. “Passing urine well?” yes. They also did a urine test which came clear so it can’t be a viral infection. I see lots of people putting things about vitamin d? We haven’t had that checked yet. I also read that symptoms of vitamin d and I am sure that i match it! I have had a lot of hair loss and baldness in one area and I always feel spaced out and tired and I also don’t eat vitamin d foods a lot like fish or eggs or mushrooms or milk. I hardly eat those. It is just getting too hard for me and I start dreading school in the morning because I don’t want to feel like that and be at school at the same time. It’s also my birthday today and I don’t want this feeling to spoil my day but it is just making me feel so anxious and upset. I WANT there to be something wrong like sick ?? or headaches. Just so I know that I’m not going mentally ill sad

• Posted

Please get your vitamin D levels checked. I felt similar and recently been diagnosed with low vitamin D. I can’t comment on if the tablets are making me feel better yet but please get these checked x
    • Posted

Hi! I had a blood test today and results came! Turns out my vitamin D levels are less than half of the normality! Very low! Thank you for letting me know! Also, I recently looked at something called depersonalisation. All my feelings match the symptoms but I haven’t been stressed with anything! Only a bit of stress over tests and school. I have now got my manager at school who is going to help me dig deeper and see where they can help me find what is stressing me. 
    • Posted

I get this too! I get it at such random times and I have no idea why. I’m glad your vitamin D levels have been checked, maybe this has something to do with it.  Thankyou for letting me know! X
    • Posted

I think it is but it’s still early days cos apparently it takes a good few weeks for it to get into your system x
    • Posted

Do you still have this feeling? 
  • Edited

Hello folks. I have been feeling the same for the past 3 years.. It all started one fine day when i woke up with a lot of presseure on my head. I thought it was lack of sleep or just a regular headache. 3 days after i was on the way to drop my son to daycare and all of a sudden i had a complete black out. From that moment i have been feeling this weired spaced out, dizzy and off balanced feeling. On some days i am just fine but most days are nothing but a struggle. I am low on vitamin d, iron and i have hypo thyroid and insulin resistent. I also take medicine for anxiety. I have been to so many doctors but not one has been able to figure of what causes it. They all say its you anxiety. Has anyone here found a solution to this problem. My only wish to be normal again. I cant even drive now.
    • Posted

Take vitamin d. Get on with your life as normal. Also, search depersonalisation or  lethargic.
    • Posted

I'm optimistic about your suggestion. I'd give it a try. Thanks

• Posted

I had all of these symptoms and after finding out I was low on Vitamin D I started taking the supplement. I started feeling back to normal after about a month of being consistent with it. I was back to feeling my normal self for about 6 months then started to have these same symptoms. Turns out you need to take magnesium with Vitamin D. If you don’t, your Magnesium levels drop and give you the exact same symptoms as Vitamin D. Make sure you take them together!
    • Posted

I had the same experience with a low vitamin d level. After a few weeks I started feeling quite a bit better.  
    • Edited

Hello all, 

I had this feeling arise out of nowhere about 4 years ago. I saw this experience as an imbalance in the body/mind that tries to self correct itself through asking for our attention. in other words it could be a state of old trauma appearing to be dealt with, one thing i now know for sure is that it IS an emotional issue or imbalance. 

I have many resources i can direct you too if this message resonates. For me this experience didn't start to lift until i started to allow it (which i know can seem impossible) but that is the first step. Learning to meditate, eating plenty of fresh fruits, no smoking, alcohol or drugs!, exercise, sunlight, good friends are all things I would recommend you take into consideration  [smile]  

This WILL pass, usually when one stops focusing on it, whatever you resist will PERSIST. this is a natural law  [smile]  

If you have any questions, i am here to offer my assistance/help as much as possible, because i remember how scared and lost i was! 

hugs 

Mike

• Posted

Hey mike 

I totally agree

I’m sure this has to be emotional imbalance of some kind 

I’ve been to numerous doctors and have had numerous texts and everything comes back normal

I’ve been told I have anxiety but never took medication for it 

Lately I’ve been getting really dizzy and light headdd randomly just happens throughout the day and feel really high as if I sinned a joint 

It’s affecting my job and whole social life 

And Im even having nervous tics where my teeth would hit  randomly throughout the day 

It’s really bothering me 

I always tried the natural route but not sure what to do 

Do you have any tips ? How can I get past this?

Thank you 

• Posted

Hey mate, 

Feel free to send me an email at , that would be more practical for me, as i don't check this website everyday. 

Thats cool that you have the intuition/desire to respond to this naturally (although im not saying meds can't be helpful) its just that for me I didn't feel called to take them! 

Something that you can do straight away is start to see that when you put more attention on it it tends to amplify. But the truth is that you probably won't see results overnight. Your body/mind is speaking to you.. its saying something like "Listen to me, be quiet, rest" its trying to get your attention after years of neglect (these years of neglect are not a mistake).. we are just not taught to feel and acknowledge our feelings. 

The good news is that 4 years ago there was no talk of meditation/yoga/self understanding on these forums.. these days there is A LOT.. which is a good sign. There is a book called "the power of now" by Eckhart Tolle which seemed woowoo to me until i got into the book and resonated with much of what was written. Theres also a guy called Gabor Mate who wrote a book called "when the body says no" he has videos on youtube.

Your mindset is going to be very important in your unfolding and evolving through this.. you choose whether this is: 

A.  Bad, and to be resisted and avoided at all costs..

Or 

B. That this experience is intelligent and is arising as a sign that you have neglected a part of yourself that wants attention. 

as i said, if you wanna have a chat send me an email and we can arrange a little chat. 

Be kind with yourself, brother, everything is going to be alright. smile 

Mike

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Can you refer me to these resources? It's been YEARS for me. I've taken vitamin D. Feel out of it all the time. Don't drink or smoke or partake in drugs. I eat pretty well. I have felt joy maybe 5 times in the past 5 years. I feel like a zombie walking around. Empty amd out of it.

• Posted

Yes please. Everything you said v97732 is EXACTLY me. I haven’t been stressed over anything! I’m so young only 12! This is always there and it never goes away but sometimes it gets stronger when I sort of start daydreaming or drift away from the world or something. I’ve taken vital d too but it hasn’t helped even tho my vitamin d is fine now. Someone plz help me 
    • Edited

Can you direct me to some type of help because I am feeling like this and it’s not a good feeling. Always space zoned out tired and dizzy
    • Posted

Hello Darian,

I went to the doctor several times and he told me that I had depression and that I needed to be around friends and family. I thought that I was dying and it just made the feeling worst. The feeling went away about 2 months ago and it hasn't come back. I really think that it's stress related and lack of sleep.

I would advice you to go to your doctor and get blood work done and go from there. Explain to him or her how you feel. If you have close friends, hang out with them. Do not keep it to yourself because it will get worst. Keep yourself busy. Try that for at least a month and see if it works for you.

If you need someone to talk to just message me here and I will reply. Or I can give you my personal email.

Just remember that you are not alone, a lot of us have gone or are going through what you are going. It's a temporary thing.

• Posted

Hey Eric thank you for your kinds words.. so you have experienced what I’m going through? Feeling detached from reality ,feeling zoned out and a sense of dizziness. Sometimes I feel really tired even though I have slept all day. I’m just really scared because I’ve been to the ER and they done blood work and said I’m fine. This time I’m going to go to a PCP and see if I can deeper result. In the meantime how did you deal with this until you was able to officially snap out of it? This is affecting my performance at work and my social life because I don’t feel up to par. 
    • Posted

Hi Eric

Thx for that 

I’m only 12 and before this started, I was happy and not stressing. Only a little bit over school and friends. Is it possible to be stressing a lot and not know about it? But after this started, I was so scared but I soon Got used to it. I went for a blood test and I had low vitamin d so I took medicine for a whole month abd my vitamin d was back again. However, this feeling never went away. I even saw a school therapist after that and she’s really helped me with my problems with friendship and I’m not stressing over anything. I think i might overthink sometimes like if my fiend reads my message but doesn’t reply, I will start wondering what I did and what happened and panicking. I wouldn’t class this as proper overthinking to the level of anxiety and depression as its nowhere near that bad. But the feeling is still always there. I’ve had it since beginning of February now. My family think it has gone away and I’m better after taking the vitamin d just because I don’t talk about it anymore or speak of it or start panicking when it happen. Idk what is going on with me, and if anything, this feeling has GIVEN ME more problems. I never was depressed or anxious before 

• Posted

Hello Marjan.

Lim really sorry that you are feeling the way you are. I feel like it's very important to talk to your parents about it. I think that if you keep it to yourself it will never go away. Keep yourself busy, pick a sport and give it your all. Be good at it and your confidence will increase and this feeling will start going away. Don't sit there by yourself and think about it. Most importantly let your parents know. Hope hope you feel better.

• Posted

I totally understand what you are going through. I felt lethargic all day no matter how good I slept. It's a horrible feeling and it feels like you don't have a soul. I just didn't want to be around people or talk to anyone. I continued working out and eating healthy and one day I woke up feeling better and then a couple of days later I was fine. I really don't understand why this happens, but I'm almost 100% that last time I had it, it was triggered by stress. Like I said, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Nobody will understand what you are going through, unless they are going through the same thing or have gone through it.

• Posted

Having this conversation right now is making me more calm and understanding to this all. Did exercising make you feel better? And every night I go to sleep I am hoping to wake up and feel normal again At this point I’ll do anything to feel alive. So this feeling is triggered by stresss or anxiety ?
    • Posted

I believe that what triggered it for me was the lack of sleep and stress building up. I love going to the gym and it made me feel better, but I got to a point were I felt very dizzy and no matter how loud I played my music at the gym I used to ask myself over and over why I felt the way I did. I guy told me that when he feels that way, he gets a hotel room by the beach and spends the day there by himself away from everything. Others have told me to eat more vegetables. Maybe changing your diet might help you. I wish I knew what exactly made it go away.
    • Posted

Good afternoon Eric, 

I’m feeling a little down because I’m still feeling the same way. Everyday I wake praying that u feel Normal when I open my eyes and I don’t. I’m not able to go to the doctor until the end of the month because that’s when my insurance kicks in. Until then is there anything or suggestions you have to ease my mind until I can be seen. 

• Posted

I don't know what's your financial situation or if you have a wife and kids or a girlfriend. If you do, spend time with them. Or maybe take a small vacation by yourself away from work and reality. Take multivitamins, eat plenty of vegetables, take care of your body. Run at the beach. Just keep yourself busy. Being around my son and his half sister made me feel better when I was down.

• Edited

Thank you for that great advice. I will try and be around my family more so that I can get my mind off this. Today was a bad day today I had an episode to where I felt like I couldn't do anything because the zoned/space out feeling was really bad. How long did it take for you to feel normal for the feeling to go away and what did you do? I am trying my best but its getting worse and cannot go to the doctor until the end of month. its like I don't know how to relax , Just want to feel so normal again im begging for it.

• Posted

Good morning Darian.

So the feeling came back and I really think that is stress and lack of sleep related. I feel really tired like if I've been up for 2 nights. I feel weird interacting with people, like if I want to just isolate myself from others. It's so weird because I was completely fine 2 days ago. I sit there and take deep breaths and feel down. I hope you are doing well.

• Posted

Hi Mike,

I have all the same feelings, i'm totally spaced out every day & feel like i'm falling to one side. I cant concentrate or have a conversation and I have floaters in my eyes all the time, I also have weakness down left side of my body and absolutely no energy each day no matter how many hours I sleep. Did your heart rate ever suddenly beat faster for not much at all like walking up stairs?

Any help would be so much appreciated as ive been like this for over 1.5 years now with no signs of getting better.

Thanks,

Chris.

• Posted

Hi!

I literally have the same things. But with light sensitivity and floaters. The black wisps and the transparent floaters too. For me I stopped all anti-depressants and went the holistic route. There has been a lot of improvement! Also, a plethora of supplements and herbs that are all nautral. Try finding what you are lacking in, in terms of minerals. Also if you have stomach problems, this could be an indicator of where your symptoms are stemming from as our stomach is our immune system and controls our mental state as well! This was true for me.. But anywho, I currently am undergoing anxiety, brain fog, depersonalization, depression, leaky gut, inflammation, floaters, light sensitivity, eczema, head tensions, and head pains.

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to its medically unsubstantiated claims. We do not support these types of claims and we recommend seeking advice from a health professional

• Posted

Did you ever figure out what was/is wrong with you? Has anything helped?

In the last couple of weeks I started feeling INTENSE spaciness (not brain fog), head pressure, a "buzzing" sensation in my head, awful headaches, bad tinnitus and migraines. I can't think of anything that would have triggered these odd sensations.

• Posted

this is the same exact thing Iam dealing with for 8+ years now. have you had any answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.