Feeling spaced out and constantly tired dizziness and irritation

Posted , 69 users are following.

I've been feeling like this for the past 4/5 months now and I'm starting to loose hope I'm so worried that something is seriously wrong with me. It's hard

To describe how I'm feeling as a lot of people don't understand. It's like I can't focus on anything my mind is just constantly spaced out it's like a high/drunk sort of feeling which makes me feel dizzy and abit nauseous. I'm suffering with really bad tiredness with it I just want to sleep all the time I'm not interested in anything or motivated I just feel trapped in this little glass bubble wanting someone to smash it I want to wake up one day and feel normal. I'm also suffering from waking in the night from hot and cold sweats my blood pressure is fine but my pulse is abit too fast which I have been put on propanalol. I just can't focus and this feeling of being out of it is affecting my every day life and I would do anything for this to go. I'm so scared to go for scans and tests incase I have a really bad under lying health issue but everyone keeps telling me that it is related to mental health and that I will get better. I give birth to my LO 10 months ago now and I was told that birth can trigger many mental health issues and I've recently started taking sertraline 50mg for my depression and anxiety... someone please help me I feel like I'm never going to be myself again I just need this fog to clear and I just want to be able to wake up and live normally without struggling.

5 likes, 134 replies

134 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi there, how are you? 😃

I hope you're doing better. Have you solved your mystery?

I read your post and it sounds like you might have an iron deficiency.

Have you lost hair recently? Is your skin pale? Do you have bags under eyes, and/or a bleuish tint? Anaemia can make you feel dizzy and tired, as you are lacking the oxygen, it also hard to focus. Without oxygen, we are just too tired to do anything. Iron is also needed in the conversion of serotonin, the happy hormone, so we can also feel depressed.. As you just gave birth, you might have lost a lot of blood, childbirth can make you anaemic. As you lost blood, your pressure can get low, make your heart pump faster to balance the blood loss.

Please get a blood test done and ask for iron studies!

Let me know how you go.

• Posted

hello. this reply helped me! i started experiecning this feeling around the start of February. Later on i had a blood test and found out i had low vitamin d. so i took the medicines for that and finished it. however i didnt feel a difference and i was still experiencing this feeling. around 2 months ago now, i went back to the doctors (my parents thought whatever was happeneing to me had gone away after the vitamin d but it didnt) and this was for a patch of hair loss on my head.i had started to lose abit of hair ar the top a few months before february. we had been to doctors who all said to wait and see how it grows but then we went back again that time for a special appointment. with a special doctor. i was told i had an iron defiency so i took medicine for that. only finished taking the medicine a month ago. i do feel a bit less spaced out nowadays but its still rlly bad. im always tired too.

also can i just point out that the way this feels is exactly like something i found called DPD or DEPERSONALISATION DISORDER. its caused by trauma or severe stress which is not my case.just wanted to say its the wxact same fewling

• Posted

i got told i have low vitamin d iv been taking supplements for about a year no no improvement !! iv had all the blood tests done everything ! iv been on 4 different anti depresents ! its been about 4 years iv felt like this ! if anything i feel like im getting worse ! i get really bad eye floaters spaced out feel as if im not there surreal feeling nothing gets rid of it ! im doin less n less each day ! iv missed out on so much !

• Posted

ive been experiencing this since last year february start. you can read my reply above from ages ago where i described my condition. i took iron and vit d supplements too but did not help whatsoever. i have never been depressed or been through any trauma (this could cause dp or dpd). It is still going on and im learning to put up eith it. it happens on a daily basis but i dont fully notice it. some days, things like thinking about it or zoning out or lighting being too dim or too dark triggers it. and it gets really bad. space floaters in my eye teigger it as well where i might start focusing on the floaters and worrying and then i zone out. when i zone out badly, i cant do anything and i must go home from school and just sit in my room with nobody around me. it takes 1-2 days for the severe surreal feeling to go nack to my light one. I found something called BRAIN FOG and im thinking i may have that. i was quite stressed about exams when this started up and i do lack lots of focus nowadays. but the feeling described in brain fog doesnt fully match my feeling. im still figuring it out but at least these help me remember im not alone 😃

• Posted

Hi Darren,

I feel exactly the same and have been for 1 year now. Had blood tests, MRI scans, eye exams all came back normal. I am suffering with anxiety/depression and am on sertraline but dont think this is helping me at all. I wake up every day tired, spaced out & dizzy haven't felt myself for all this time, have you tried anything else as yet? I might try some Vit D pills soon. Hope it clears up soon, all the best.

• Edited

Hey there, check my previous posts to see my experience.

My belief is that a lot of the time these sensations have emotional causes. Repressed emotions can create the feeling of a numb, foggy state.

Feel free to message me via email to discuss how I healed, it takes time, commitment and is the beginning of self love and acceptance.

Regards,

Mike

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hey, here2help.

iv'e just sat down and read all the comments in this thread for

the past hour and geeze can i relate myself to these symptoms!!

On Wednesday just gone, (11th March) i started to feel spaced out and weird at work and my vision went all blurry and i had to stop work and have not felt the same since.

I just don't feel motivated at all and everything around me when my eyes are open feels spacey and weird! I cannot really explain it and its actually scaring me.

i went to the doctors yesterday and he said i had to keep myself hydrated and to start eating more healthy, as to be fair i do not drink enough water daily nor do i ever eat fruit and veg.

Maybe this is my body's way of telling me to start looking after myself more?!

I want to try nip this is the bud now and get on top of it, as i do not really want to have this feeling for years on end.

Are you able to e-mail me and help me through this please.

Kind regards

James

• Edited

Hi

Just looking through these messages and can associate with a lot of the symptoms describe here. Just about every day (particularly at work) I can sense a building pressure / fuzziness / fog slowly building in my head. For example this morning when waking up felt ok (ish) but now at late morning at my desk I feel head pressure / slight dizziness and fuzzy (if this makes any sense) in the head. I also experience what I can only describe as head rushes (like being in a lift which suddenly drops) and my eyesight feels strange - like looking at the world through curtains. When feeling like this I find any social interaction very difficult to deal with, if somebody is talking to me at any length it will almost feel unbearable.

I thought there must be something physically wrong with me so went to see Doctors / Nuerologist and eventually an MRI scan on the head which I was very suprsied that all came back clear. I was prescribed with Amitriptyline and now Nortriptyline to help me cope with the tension style headaches but unfortunately this doesn't really seemed to have helped much as I still feel very odd at times and don;t want to rely on drugs for the rest of my life.

Like earlier posters, I would just like to feel like a normal human being again - can anyone confirm that this is definitely anxiety / stress / tension causing these problems ? It's driving me mad 😦

• Edited

Hi there, im really struggling with exactly the same symptoms for over a year now, have you managed to find anything that works for you any help is much appreciated, feel like im trapped! Thanks.

• Posted

Hey,

I may be able to help. I sent you a private message.

Mike

• Posted

this is exactly how ive been feeling and i can barely sleep at night and feel like i have to take deep breaths but i cant, i feel like im just going crazy , i know this is forever ago but if someone would reply it would be amazing

• Posted

Hello

I couldn't find a better place to share my experience as so much of what everyone is saying applies to how I am feeling.

I am having the worst time with the symptoms described here.... Head feels heavy, spaced out, numbness, and other feelings that are almost too difficult to describe. I am having major issues with my anxiety too but I think it's because my head feels this way... I feel crazy and it works me up. I am also extremely irritable.

I've had these issues in the past and was put on an SNRI for years. It helped with my anxiety and at times my head felt better.. But I feel like it's been a long time since I felt really clear headed..

A couple of months ago I decided to wean off my meds under my doctor's care and now I've been completely off of them for 3 weeks! I got through all of the withdrawal (terrible) and perhaps this is the remaining bit of it but it I have a feeling it's not as I have dealt with this in the past.

The majority of this post is just to get it in writing and possibly a discussion as sometimes that even helps. I just know there has to be a way out of this! I have a good life, good friends, family. I play sports and spend time outdoors often. There just has to be a way to feel good and normal! I am going to seriously look into this vitimin D deficiency. I also am kind of a stress bag.. So some earlier comments could also be true that this is stress triggered. I have a lot going on right now at work and my personal life and I also am coming off one of the harder SNRIs to get off of. So I am sure all of that does not help.

Hopefully with some Vitimins, sleep, self care I can get through this. It is unbearable right now. My days are spent just thinking and being anxious over how crazy my head feels. The last thing I want to do is go back on my meds because I truly believe they were just masking a different problem.

Thanks for listening! Happy to talk to anyone!

• Posted

hello, i know this was a while ago now, but out of desperation to find answer i have came across this, this is exactly how i have been feeling for the past 6 weeks now, i have been prescribed the exact same medication as yourself propanolol due to my heart beating too fast and now im on sertraline, i really want to feel like myself again, what you have described is how my head has felt and does not seem to be improving, i have had blood tests and my CRP is slightly raised, meaning i may have anything from a cold to a small infection, i am replying to you today to ask you if you ever found out what was causing your symptoms, if they improved and if i any way you could help me.

many thanks

• Edited

I've had the same symptoms everyone here is describing. I had a burn-out and then a long period of insomnia and from there on I constantly felt out of it, weird and detached (even though the doctors all said they couldn't find anything). I do think that not focusing on it will eventually alleviate the symptoms, however, I've had this for months and months and months and I know how weird and scary it feels. I advise everyone here to listen to the symptoms, let them be, tell yourself that it is truly okay to feel this way and that it's okay to be scared. Also; go into therapy, stop all self-destructive behavior (drugs, too much screen time, alcohol, too much caffeine, addictions, etc.), start taking long walks, start taking magnesium and vitamin D. Be kind to yourself from now on and know that all feelings are okay, they may seem scary but they are truly okay and deserve to be heard and accepted by you. 'Okay body, I see you, I feel you, I embrace myself exactly as I am now, I AM my body and there has never been anything wrong with me.' It will come, it will be, it will pass. Focus on what makes you happy, what truly motivates you in life (and forget about this feeling for some time). You are NOT alone. You WILL be okay. Go and live your life and don't forget to have fun. ❤️ Bless you all.

• Posted

What makes you think people are on drugs or drinking excessively? your comment was so useless, I can't stand people like yourself, commenting just cause. If you can't add anything useful and out of the box, then just shut up, please.

• Edited

i think maybe he was just saying live a healthier lifestyle, cut out all the extra which i kind of agree with, diet has a lot to do how you feel, how you feel mentally in particular. if im being honest its also the hardest thing for me to change. If your body feels good its less prone to have the nagging feeling somewhere that for me personally always says in my brain that whatever physical feeling im having has to be cancer or something fatal cause thats where my anxiety and things shows. i dont think he was trying to be negative or judgmental, just making a suggestion. healthy body = healthy mind in a lot of ways, well for me healthy body in combo with effexor = healthier mind lol

• Posted

Oh no, I don't think he was trying to be negative or judgemental. I was frustrated by the comment because it's not that simple, if grabbing a plate of veggies, high quality protein, and drinking 8 glasses of water was the answer, or even a significant part of the answer to the debilitating problems people are dealing with. Then people will not be dealing with the physical and mental difficulties that they are dealing with because it'll be simple to get rid of just by eating well. I agree with his recommendations as well, however, I can assure you that many people have already looked at their nutritional intake and made changes in an attempt to feel better. I just found the comment insensitive, the person who started this post is obviously suffering and I'm sure have tried many different things, including a healthy diet and lifestyle, in hopes of getting better. So if you want to offer some advise to someone suffering, I personally think one should think outside of the box, or just not say anything. When people are suffering they don't want to hear the obvious, when they take to the internet for help, what they are seeking is something they have not already heard and don't know about.

• Edited

I noticed you have a lot of posts on vit D things and was wondering if you have ever heard of dr rhonda patrick, Shes like a vit D warrior fanatic lol, if you havnt heard of her shes a great one to look into, on this post in particular tho i followed this post because ive been dealing with these exact things for almost 4 years with anxiety over death because these types of symptoms for some reason not sure why, but my point of view any suggestion that someone even slightly familiar with these symptoms is the appreciated because you never know what even a small one can do, thats all i was trying to say.

• Edited

Humans intrinsically know to access what they are and aren't putting in their mouths when they start to have physical and mental health issues. As I said, it's insensitive to say eat fruits and drink water when a person is suffering, if you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you. As far as your question concerning vitamin D deficiency, I turned to the internet when I started suffering and someone who was thinking outside of the box contacted me and said "it sounds like you have a vitamin D deficiency" I never heard of vitamin D deficiency until that person contacted me. I went and got the blood work done and my doctor called me 2 days later and said " you are severely vitamin D deficient, I just put in your prescription, you can pick it up in an hour". As I said in my last message, I completely agree with the recommendations the individual suggested, however, again, there are some things you should not say to someone suffering. I'm not 100% better, however, I feel 80% better then how I was feeling before my diagnosis.

• Edited

Hi there

Since I found this discussion thread ages ago, I've found 2 things that have helped me - I think a lot of my spaced out/ dizziness feelings were due to a combination of sinus problems and anxiety. I now take anxiety medication and try to practice mindfulness when I can, but the biggest help has been keeping ears and sinuses as clear as possible - saline nasal sprays/ hayfever nasal spray/ ear drops/ nasal washes - whatever it takes. It's made so much difference. I got my Vit D levels up to where they should be and it made no discernible difference to how I felt. The last thing is lots of good sleep and following sensible sleep hygiene rules.

It might be different solutions for different people. Cheers.

• Posted

You completely missed my point and need to stop spreading your anger and frustrations in this thread. I've been and am still in the same situation as other people here and I was just trying to emphasize the importance of staying healthy and taking care of yourself and trying to send positivity to everyone who's going through the same thing. Absolutely no need to attack me for it. If my comment wasn't useful for you, just move on and like ones that are useful to you. We are all just trying to help here. You don't know my story and I don't know yours so don't assume I have bad intentions or 'judge' people.

• Posted

"spreading your anger and frustrations" Sir, please build a bridge and get over yourself. I completely understood and agreed with your point and it was completely careless and insensitive to say to someone suffering with such intense symptoms. Yes, we are all trying to help by giving advice. My advice to you is to give a little bit more thought into the advice you are giving. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.