Feeling super tired and anxious

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been in 10 mg of citalopram going on 4 weeks this coming Sunday and today I'm so so tired and anxious somewhat too but because I feel so tired. Was on 5 mg for first 5 weeks. Just wondering if I can have like almost feeling myself again for some days and the next day down hill, so tired and anxiety up, this normal and how much longer will this take.

0 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was on 10 mg for the first week. Lots of side effect, so I reduced to 5 mg since week 2. Now I am on week 6, everything is great. No more anxiety, panic. Mood is great. My side effects are gone at week 5. I will stick to 5 mg.

How did you feel when you were on 5 mg dosage? Any reason to increase to 10 mg?

• Posted

Doctor just thought to up it, only was on the 5 mg for 5 weeks so I wasn't on it maybe long enough to see what I would have done on the 5, feel like coming back down to the 5 and see, I hate pills so much. I also take clonazepam at night for sleep, been on that one for years but only on 0. 5 mg
    • Posted

Oh gosh, if I reduce it back to the 5 mg will I have the side effects of this tiredness and anxious feelings?
    • Posted

May be. I was on 10 my for only 1week before reducing to 5 mg. in fact, my side effect was reduced immediately after switching to 5 mg.

Your situation might be different.

• Posted

Well I just took my 10 mg for the night, maybe see what tomorrow brings, I might just bring it back to the 5 mg, sure hate this feeling of fatigue and anxiety.
    • Posted

Joe wondering how you are doing still on the 5mg of cit? I've starting to wean off of the 10mg, 3rd day today. My doctor has me weaning slowly even though my dose was small my body reacts to drugs strangely so slow weaning is starting. I'm tired but always have felt tired even when I started this pill at 5mg 11 weeks ago, upped it to the 10mg at week 6 and been on 10 for 6 weeks. She wants to have me wean now and see how my anxiety goes coming off of it, gosh hope no side effects from weaning, if so hopefully not as bad as beginning this pill. Also got about 5 weeks to wean myself off, should be plenty of time to wean without any side effects I hope and I hope my energy level comes back real soon and the fatigue leaves too, SOON!!! Hope you are well at 5 mg yet! Cindy
  • Posted

Hi Cindy, maybe your dosage needs to be increased I took 10mg then 20mg and have no anxiety getting te mixture right is vital see your doc dont settle for anything other than what makes you comfortable smile
    • Posted

Well I had 2 or 3 good days where I felt almost like myself again but today tired and anxious. 4 th. week almost, on 10 mg.
    • Posted

I guess I'm afraid to have my doctor increase it higher because I don't want the side effects, already have them now AMD they'd be worse if I increased the dose I'm afraid. Would be to 15 or 20 mg I'm sure she'd go to next
    • Posted

Hey stevo. 4 and a half weeks on the 10 mg of cit. Still feeling tired anxious, does paranoid go along with these feelings? Also, if I'm having good days, does it mean it might be helping me? I do see my doctor the end of July, maybe she will up it to 20 mg but those side effects will hit me again, not sure I can deal with these things!
  • Posted

Yep Cindy the right dosage will make all the difference. Unfortunately there is no quick fix and we have to go through this until you get to a point where you level out, then the healing process can really begin. There is no time limit on this! It could be quicker then some or longer.

Just try and believe it will happen, but you must give it time. I am so glad I gave it time.

All the best,

David

• Posted

But will the tiredness go away! That's ny biggest problem, anxiety kicks in when I get so tired feeling, hate that tiredness feeling
  • Posted

Hi there I felt the same anxious all day th mornings have been awful. I was on 10mg then 15mg and now 20mg. It's been 5 weeks today and today I feel like myself, it is a long struggle! But I know it feels like it's never going to end but it will! Try downloading some breathing apps and anxiety apps on your phone they really helped xx
    • Posted

Thank you Polly, guess i wish it would be faster at helping, hate feeling do tired and loopy all the time
    • Posted

Patience Cindy, just believe in the positive and you'll get better sooner or later, just don't let yerself get all bothered by it. I didn't think I'd ever be somewhere like here, then I didn't know what was happening (scary!). Then I found the forum, then I just wanted to get better and here I am (I hope) getting better! There is still a ways to go yet, but it is a better feeling! Go with the flow and keep posting!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I will try David to go with the flow but it's hard when you're suppose to go places with family and friends and all you feel is anxiety and tiredness, but I'll try!!!
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, keep going. I am only on day 12, and sign on here once a day for some encouragement. I am equally impatient about feeling better, but like David said we have to go with the flow, no matter how impatient and unwell we feel in the beginning. Know there is a silver lining and soon there will be brighter days ahead. Sending positive vibes your way, and keep posting on your progress and remember you are not alone. Lee.
    • Posted

Thank you Lee and I sure will try. Like I said I'm going out in the world today, anxious about it but I really have to try to get through the day for my daughters sake, it's for baby shower decoration shopping and lunch, don't want to go but have to!
    • Posted

Good for you Cindy. You will be so pleased with yourself once today is over. I have a weekend like that next weekend which I am already dreading, but I am also hoping I may be feeling a little better by then. I hope the day turns out well, and that you maybe even enjoy it a bit. Proud of you for giving it your all. lee x
    • Posted

I was just the same and was not "available" for some time. Talking with Family and Friends will help you as well as help them understand, unfortunately you do get some that if they cannot see an injury or illness their brain just does not compute it.

Two months ago a work colleague found herself on Cita and Ann and I bumped into her and her husband in town she was in quite and anxious state and dreading an upcoming Family visit. She was pretty sure they would not understand, but after half an hour chat she seemed more confident of what needed to be said so they would understand. It turned out they too knew people on meds for similar and all went well!

Hope it goes well for you however, if you don't feel like getting out of bed don't! Your recovery is the most important for you then everyone else - it just has to be this way!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Polly how are you doing on the 20 mg of cit? I'm heading on the 6 th. Week now of 10 mg tonight im very tired, maybe I'm talkin this pill at the wrong time of day, I took it at 4 pm maybe I should switch it to 7 tomorrow night and see how I feel this time tomorrow night. Anxious yet, not all day but off and on. Hope you're still having good days! Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.