Feeling super tired and anxious

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been in 10 mg of citalopram going on 4 weeks this coming Sunday and today I'm so so tired and anxious somewhat too but because I feel so tired. Was on 5 mg for first 5 weeks. Just wondering if I can have like almost feeling myself again for some days and the next day down hill, so tired and anxiety up, this normal and how much longer will this take.

0 likes, 100 replies

100 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Cindy. Today is the start of week 7 on 10 mg for me. The first month I was exhausted most of the time. Had to force myself to do things! This last week was much better! There was one day I didn't feel like doing much but the rest of the week seemed almost normal. I am on this for driving anxiety and it still is there but it's a little better I think. I still have a couple hours of heightened anxiety in the morning after I take it but that has lessened a lot also. The first couple weeks was all day and then about 4 to 6 hours for the next 2 weeks. Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you Kathy. Yeah I can't drive anywhere yet, little things that never made me anxious sure does now, hope that gets better soon. Guess there's still hope. Thank gut again, been a long time I've felt myself. Feel hot a lot too, plus a little lightheaded once in awhile, must all be normal side effects. Cindy
    • Posted

Maybe switch to nights taking this pill, but I have no clue, don't need it to keep me awake, I have Indonesi issues as it is. I also take clonazepam but try not to take much and try to take it at bedtime because it was ordered to help me with sleep. Cindy
    • Posted

Sorry, stupid auto correct. INSOMNIA issues
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, yep normal side effects tiredness, light headed it all passes smile keep using the clonazepam when all else fails but try without and as soon as you start sleeping normally you get confidence back which inturn will reduce anxiety of not sleeping it may take time so be patient smile
    • Posted

Thank you Stevo will try, less pills the better. Cindy
  • Posted

Blame it on the technology! We all wish it was that simple and life was easier!

Good Morning Cindy,

It is sunny here and fresh after rain yesterday and (thankfully) It feels like it is going to be a good one! It hasn't always beacuse it does take time, every stage.

Remember you are fairly new to this and try not to be to eager to rush things, it can only repair one thing at a time. Saying that, I like the positiviity that you want to get better, but be positive in a laid back way, go with the flow as it takes as long as it takes! We are all on a roller coaster with ups and downs, at first I was stuck in the front seat without goggles!!! Now I find myself on the merry-go-round and it has become easier. Just take what comes and never, ever worry about "did I ask this already?" because we all repeat and what you are going through now is a typical Cita stage.

Gosh, I still have things to remind me of things or what to do! On the way opposite the foot of our bed I have written 'your name is David, trousers first then shoes!'

Mind you, that may just be a regular man thing! Anyway, what I am saying is slowly does it read posts like mine (when I get back on the planned reduction in a couple of weeks) after I my Family have left and I have been to hospital about my mouth.  "C'est la vie"

Hope you have a good (laid back) weekend!

Keep posting!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Sorry! "on the way opposite the foot ...?" It should read "on the wall ..." there, now my productive ticks is playing ip! Lol!

Take care!

• Posted

Raining here today. A bit not myself today, very tired, strange feeling, 6 th week on 10 mg. I have had, I believe IBS issues and not constipated either, so of course when this kicks in, which is often, everyday pretty much, I get very very anxious so maybe the tiredness is from being anxious because of that issue, Don't mean to sound so gross, but that's how it is and maybe it's not IBS but all anxiety doing it to me too. Had tests done, nothing found so guess it is nervous or IBS, just worries me, anxiety kicking in because of it. Hope you and Ann are having a great weekend. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi David here I was thinking I had learnt some awesome figure of speech only to find out it was a typo wink Cindy great you are being positive an old man once said to me if you dont laugh you cry this was after his house had burnt down.......... good way to live I thought incrediable courage from that man! I get tired which Is the exercise to combat the anxiety which helps with sleeping if anything that and not drinking has lost me 9kgs in some many months I'm secretly hoping citalopram makes me lose weight lol smile
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

It was raining first thing, but by mid afternoon the sun broke through and went for an evening stroll with Family. We have been very busy for the last week preping  and this morning awaiting the arrival of Family and thought we would say Hi before bye (bed)!

Ann suffers from IBS and says anxiety can make it worse and feels for you and tries not to let anything worry her (does it quite well, far better than me).

Anyway, hope tomorrow starts better for you.

Regards,

David & Ann

• Posted

Hey Ann and David, thank you for writing back when you're so busy, helps me feel some better when I hear someone else knows a little about IBS. Been so so fatigued, I guess because of the anxiety from the IBS, I will try not to worry, easier said than done with this worry wart. Have fun with the family coming. Cindy
    • Posted

I've lost weight from the pill and probably the IBS, guess that's a good thing shedding some pounds brought my bp down but with my anxiety these past couple days, I won't though the blood pressure machine, I know it'll be high right now. Thanks for writing Steve. Have a good day. Cindy

• Posted

So I take my 10 mg at 4 pm about 2 hours later I feel tired maybe a little dizzy, spicy is that normal? 6 th week today on 10 mg. Will this eventually go away?
    • Posted

Hi cindy, I'm on 20mg and also this is week 6 so really just getting thru the side effects mainly for me tremors and tiredness cured by caffeine ! however no anxiety to speak off..... lucky everyone is different! I would say you may need to review dosage and wait I'm afraid some take longer than others your beeing very brave though hang in there matey!
    • Posted

I see my doctor tomorrow, who knows she may up it to 20 mg not looking to the side effects if she does up it. Thank you for writing back. Cindy
    • Posted

Not sure I'm brave because I'm actually afraid of this pill because of the side effects I've had, the tiredness, which bothers me the most, the anxiety because of the tiredness and the strange feelings, spaced out I guess, just want to be me, but I must or have to be near the leveling out by now at 6 weeks 10 mg plus 5 mg5 weeks before?
    • Posted

Cindy,

There is nothing at all to be afraid of regarding this pill, apart from what we conjure up ourselves. You are seeing your Doctor to possibly increase and I really believe there is a possibility she will up as you may need a bigger dose, like me and many others.

May be you have been led to believe that you will get better at timely intervals, sorry, but this is not the case with everyone sometimes. I was upped in stages and the weird thing is I could feel the benefit as I went until I levelled at 40mg, but for many this is not the case. After a while I stopped thinking about "why did this person or that person only go to that or this dosage" because I eventually realised that was right for them.

Sometimes we possibly focus on the hype and not the person as an individual and some get carried away!

Returning to you, please try and realise that all the symptoms you are experiencing are normal with this "sticking plaster for the brain" and please try to just go with it. Honestly Cindy, it is that easy! I curled up into a ball many a time until I didn't need to anymore - and that took months.

It isn't easy and it isn't a quick fix as the brain is one hell of a complex living processor and sometimes it just needs a little down time and servicing. This can only be done by meds like Cita (possibly one of the best meds in the world!).

You will possibly get side effects as you up, you may not. Take it from someone who went up and up and up the side effects gradually peter out, but it can take time, but with time comes understanding and the ability to help others here as I am you as Kate (for example) did me.

Take all the encouragement for what it is, encouragement to help you through this - not hype to leave you wondering why you're not the same as everyone else.

Do not feel ignored if I do not reply again this evening I was at the local area hospital this morning for a wisdom tooth extraction and biopsy so, ain't feeling too bright!

Regards,

David (Ann says Hi!) x

• Posted

Again, I feel like curling up and why not! x
    • Posted

It is people like you,Ann and stevo that are helping me get through this, just wish I wasn't so tired, if I wasn't maybe I would feel better about all of this. Hope the side effects can't be as bad as at first when I started this cit if she ups it on me today, I pray they won't be, pray I feel even BETTER if she ups the dose, less anxiety too . Thank you again, hi Ann!
    • Posted

Sorry about your sore mouth, feel better, have had teeth pulled and root canals too, good luck with that David. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, you are brave dont think you are not ! this is a tough thing to deal with so give yourself some credit smile hopefully the right dosage is found with doc tell him/her about the tiredness maybe there is something they can suggest or good advice? Like David said "and very well stated too" the brain is really big and complex there is no exact time which can be frustarting everyone is different however like David I agree this pill is very effective and does work as testament by the many people on the group it just varies in dosage and time and side effects. Dont worry about the potential side effects there may be none dont let yourself get worried there may not be any side effects Keep positive x   
    • Posted

Hi stevo. Well I saw my doctor yesterday, she is slowly taking me off the cit, slowly, about 5 weeks of this and that, so I sure hope that won't be an awful thing to do. Good luck going on your 7 th. Week here soon, sure hope I can come o
    • Posted

ff this pill easily. I had to hit reply again because my keyboard stopped working. So anyhow good luck to you Stevo. Thank you and during my going off trend, I'll be here off and on just to help me through any issues going off. Cindy
    • Posted

Just hope the way my doctor had me coming off won't be a bad way. Total of 11 weeks on the cit, the first 5 weeks was 5 mg the last 6 weeks has been 10 mg so I haven't taken them very long so hopefully getting off them won't be bad on me. Any good ways that works let me know but for now I guess I will follow her way of doing it, hope she's right. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, I hope that is the best thing for you, try not to worry about withdrawals they may not be as bad as everyone says! staying calm at this time for yu is very important smile 
    • Posted

When I went and started taking my citalopram, my doc said that after 6 months I could stop (not taper off) and there would be no issues??? others have said they did have issues maybe because I'm on 20mg not higher meant the withdrawls would be minimal? if thats the model on how it works you might find you will be fine! just take it as it comes you'll be fine!
    • Posted

Yeah that's what I hope, not much withdrawal effects seeing I was on a low dose like 10 mg and only 2 1/2 months on it totally, hope those side effects won't come or be super small. I'm a worry wart
    • Posted

Thank you stevo for writing me back and I'll be here writing away if I have withdrawal symptoms. Thank you again. Cindy everyone here has been so kind and helpful too, it sure helps to talk top someone going through the same thing as me. Cindy
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, Lets see how you go! Worse case you may get some discomfort which you can help by being positive and keeping your natural serotonin levels up which will help you also. Take care.
    • Posted

I'm a worry wart though so staying calm might be hard for me to do. I've been super tired today, anxious about coming off I'm sure that's part of it, took 5 mg last night 10 mg tonight 5 mg tomorrow night for a week, after that she has be doing different things with the dose for 5 weeks. Cindy you've all been helpful and so kind, I'll be here asking questions I'm sure as I'm cutting down the dose.
    • Posted

Try and relax cindy dont let your anxiety take over keep everythying in perspective keep telling yourself its gonna be ok!! hang in there!
    • Posted

I'll try. You mention serotonin, how do I help that? Any suggestions? Cindy
    • Posted

Well Stevo. I'm on my 6th. day now of coming off, I think I have more energy back, a little tiredness but not as much I don't believe. Next week is a different schedule of taking this pill, and only 4 more weeks to go and I hope to be off of it, if all goes well that is.Hope you are feeling well too. Thank you again for all yours and David's advise, sure has been good to come here and chat with people who know what we all are feeling from this Citalopram pill. Good luck to you all when you tapper off of it too! Feel good you all. I'll check in once in awhile, who knows I may still need a little cheering up if I start feeling bad from going off of it. Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.