Feeling the pain of the screws i think

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im having pain on the inner part where the big round bone is on the ankle.Im 3 weeks post op.

Will i get to a point where i won't feel pain from the hardware ? I'm guessing its where the screws are where i feel this dull aching pain.Enough to keep me awake sad

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You've got it bad. You need to go and get a review asap to make sure it's on track . And a review of Meds. Something could be causing this flare up. Not sure where you live or what access you have to Hospital, but better safe than sorry. I did it many a time. On the verge if going myself.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

We are expecting thunder storms tonight and tomorrow.I wonder if that is what could be causing this pain.It's not excruciating,just a really irritating ache

• Posted

If it continues throughout the.day tomorrow,will go to the doctor or ER
    • Posted

??🌂??🌂??🌂🌈🌈🌈

I no what you mean. Humidity affects me. You need a distraction until you can get your meds revised. Good film, book, craft, music, ....

No one said it's easy, but it will get better. You'll have more highs than lows.

Patience grasshopper!

Take care

• Posted

I have the exact same thing- burning most of the time and shooting pain on occasion.  It started after the stitches were removed.  I have also wondered if it was the screw. I called the MD late last week and was told that some pain is normal- could be just normal that the incision is healing.  My ankle area was numb when they took the stitches out- the foot is numb but i am not sure about the ankle.  I was told that I can certainly come in and have the cast removed to check the skin and be sure there are not issues... am considering doing that.... it is expecially bad when i have the leg down.  I am already thinking- "will i have to have the screw removed?".  My outer ankle is where the plate and screws are and that one is fine...... weird.  Sometimes, I can just not get comfortable.  Could be that the cast is rubbing up on it due to swelling?  

• Posted

I know exactly what you're talking about because I'm experiencing the same thing. It's no fun at all. I'm on the thin side and my ortho doctor said I may need to have the hardware removed in 10-12 months because I may feel it more. I don't want another surgery but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

• Posted

I finally got comfortable after taking Tylanol and asprin this morning.I think it's probably healing pains and we had strong storms this morning.I was told weather affects the pain too.I live in Illinois,so we have all kinds of crazy weather.I asked the doctor about screws being removed.I'm in my 40s so i'm not sure if age matters,but i was told the screws should stay in to strengthen the bones

• Posted

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.  Maybe it is weather- who knows...  

I honestly believe mine is due to nerves- there is a major nerve that runs down the inside of the leg and the inner ankle- the surgeon said it is normal but as has been noted, the healing is different for everyone.  The ball of my foot and toes are totally numb, but I can move them so am not concerned.  Hoping it will all be better when the boot is put on :-)

Yes- screws generally stay in unless they cause problems.  And WE are going to stay w/ the positive vibe that all of ours on this forum will be fine!

You are still young!  I am feeling 70 right now, but am 58...

Hang in and I hope your pain continues to be better- stay DRY!

• Posted

Let's hope neither of us have to have that surgery.  My surgeon mentioned they will not do it any earlier than 6 mos post op....  I am with you- 'cross that bridge when we come to it".   Does your discomfort get any worse when your foot is down?  Mine does- assuming that it swells in the cast and puts more pressure on that area.  It is odd- when I use the scooter, it does not bother me, but seems worse when i get off the scooter.... just so odd.

• Posted

Yes, mine definitely hurts more when my leg is down. I'm sure it's the gravity and pressure from the boot/cast. I find that my knee aches a lot when I've been on my scooter too much. Took my kids back to school shopping last week and my knee/leg aches for 24 hours afterward. We sound like 2 peas in a pod smile

• Posted

Sorry that you are having pain.  Try elevating your ankle as high as you can for a as long as you can to help with the swelling and that might help.  I used to lay with my leg straight up in the air for 10-15 minutes 2-3 times a day it always helped.  But I truly feel you need to keep your ankle elevated as much as possible.    
    • Posted

I have noticed that changing positions with the leg sometimes help.  I can now lay on my left side (could not do this until i got the cast) and I put a pillow between my 2 legs and seems to elevate the leg a tad more perhaps..  Not sure but it has helped.   Also, can bend my knee and have the leg resting on the outerside- and that occas. helps with the discomfort.  Sometimes,  I can not get comforable in any position- but that is probably common amongst all of us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.